Sokokar Flight Paths in Fens

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Melfius, May 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Melfius Guest

PLEASE take a look at these! Is there some reason that, for instance, when flying from the Drogan Exiles' Camp to Riliss I need to go visit the Bellywhumpers FIRST?!?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

You used to have to manually go from post to post, remembering which posts connected to which other posts. When they added the ability to click from any post to any other post, they just pasted the existing routes together, they did not make new ones to go directly between posts that did not connect before.
  3. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

Mermut wrote:
    Yes, and it's lazy and stupid. This is not the only zone like this.
  4. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Aye, it's the worst in Fens though. The zone is the largest of the Kunark zones and is essentially just a huge open rectangle with flight paths criss-crossing it without much logic.
  5. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Still better than flying to bellywhumpers, then clicking again to fly to Riliss. Use that time to go pee or get a snack or glass of water. Asking them to change it is only begging them to break it.
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Also, the routes have typically been designed to not fly over other posts. Otherwise, we could just jump off mid-flight and pick up that post without having to run there. If enough noise on this issue is raised, they'll probably just remove the sokokar flight paths and put in teleporters. It's a lot easier. Immersion is dead.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Teleporters would suck.. not being able to jump off mid-flight to get somewhere 'in between'.
  8. ARCHIVED- Isuldor Guest

The worst zone for this I think is Pillars of Flame. The carpet from the Ashen Order Monk camp to the Stinging Isles goes all the way back up to the Swift Rider canyon, cuts hard west all the way across the map, goes down the coast, goes under some arches, goes PAST the carpet landing, goes almost back to the monk carpet, turns around, then, FINALLY lands at the Stinging Isles. Its faster to run from carpet to carpet on foot with 0% runspeed than it is to take the carpet.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

It's such a waste of time...aren't flight paths supposed be looked at? or being looked at to correct them?
    My experience in Fens today...I was at Omens - Western side of map
    selected Cabilis post - which is northish of Omens (about two soko posts up if you count Atrebe post)
    Soko took me to.. Sathir's Span (middleish and southern from where I want to go), then we toured
    Western Pens... then
    Riliis
    we went BACK near Omens (LOL)
    to then go to Cabilis...
    Oh and get this... If you are at Omens and select Drogarn it takes you directly to Drogarn. Why can't it do that for Cabilis?
  10. ARCHIVED-japanfour Guest

agreed. The flight paths in alot of zones are screwy and need to be looked at. if you are on nagafen you pretty much cant use flight paths during pvp because you will never make it to the battle in time.