Soemote Error

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-wlfhitman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-wlfhitman Guest

It is continueing to tell me Webcam is in use or not functioning
    No other webcam program is running, it works fine with skype, livecam, ect but eq2 doesnt like it
    its a microsoft vx-3000 I reset all the services, reinstall drivers, updated all drivers, changed usb ports. Is it my webcam is not compatiable or something else.
  2. ARCHIVED-bloodrop Guest

am having the exact same problem thinking it may be my webcam just get a blank screen on the callibrate screen and thats it
  3. ARCHIVED-wlfhitman Guest

Yeah same here, and my webcam isn't that old and I belive it is well above the needed resolution
  4. ARCHIVED-bloodrop Guest

same , i have ordered another one just to check, werid that it shows my toons face and lets me press calibrate but on my side just shows a dark screen and then doest claibrate , tried changing lighting etc but nothing
  5. ARCHIVED-Unit_23 Guest

I just wanted to jump in with a me too, same proablem. I'm using a Logitech HD Webcam C270.
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Hey guys! I'm sorry you're having issues with SOEmote. I'd recommend you all submit a support ticket to our technical support team so we can figure out what's going on. Please be sure to include your DXdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below) Please read the knowledge bases below for more information:

SOEmote Requirements
    SOEmote Troubleshooting
    Setting Up SOEmote
  7. ARCHIVED-wlfhitman Guest

sent one, but my fps is enough the resoluation is more than enough, no programs are running to conflict with it, just confused at this point.
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Capricola@Crushbone wrote:
    Are your video card drivers up to date as well?
  9. ARCHIVED-wlfhitman Guest

Updated same error
  10. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Capricola@Crushbone wrote:
    Wlfhitman, have you submitted a support ticket? If so, then please PM either TSR SeanF or myself your ticket reference number so we can personally look into it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Leinna Guest

I have the same issues as the rest. I sent you a PM Alex of my case.
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Aiyon@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Great, thanks Aiyon. I'm looking into it right now!
  13. ARCHIVED-bloodrop Guest

well i changed my web cam and its still doing the same thing :( will have to send in a ticket now oh well back to questing :p
  14. ARCHIVED-wlfhitman Guest

15. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

wow got quite a bit of PM's going through them guys, Ill update the tickets once I find the best solution.
  16. ARCHIVED-OogallySolRoSK Guest

Having the same problem, do you have a tv tuner or video capture card in your rig?
  17. ARCHIVED-wlfhitman Guest

No i do not

I found a default video capture driver on my rig, i uninstalled it now all my webcam programs boot faster and pick up my camera without me having to set it but eq2 crashes when i enable soemote, but with that driver installed it doesnt work.
    I still have the livecam driver installed and all programs work fine but eq2.
  18. ARCHIVED-Scheppi Guest

I had a similar problem with soemote. First, it would only show a blue screen/black screen when I loaded the game. Also, when I clicked enable/disable, my game would crash with just an error telling me it crashed. Nothing informative.

For the capture issue, I went into my hardware manager and found that I had some old ATI cable capture card installed. I disabled all 3 versions of that I could see. After loading EQ2, it seemed to have fixed the issue with it not picking up my webcam. Unfortunatley, my webcam is a piece of garbage and its FPS is too low:(
    My advice, make you you don't have any lingering software or hardware which might be jumping in line ahead of your webcam for soemote.
    However, my game is still crashing when I alter the UI or disable/enable. But, I have fixed one thing and that has to be a good thing.

Good luck man.
  19. ARCHIVED-bloodrop Guest

ok checked for conflicting hardware none found , followed advice of soe tech didt work and its still not working and tech have gone all quiet on me , anyone else found a solution to this ?
  20. ARCHIVED-Leinna Guest

Is there a logging process that EQ2 does that could possibly log the error behind the message of the webcams not working inside EQ2?