SOE, what is the role of berserker? Cuz, its sure not tank

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Arinwulf, Nov 25, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

See but how would they bring up your aoe dps without simultaneously enhancing your single target dps. You can't do a straight conversion between ST and AoE dps. The amount of dps is confounded by the fact that there is a range of mobs (#) and the fact that AoE dps tools can be utilized on ST's as well.
    On an encounter of just 2 mobs a zerkers dps will probably not be significantly different then a ST class but on a higher number of mobs our dps gets multiplied so of course its going to look like a huge difference. I already did the math for you on a different thread but it makes sense that on a 4 target encounter we should be 1-2k higher than you. 500dps difference in a 4 target encounter wouldnt really be that large since its only really 125dps difference per mob...
  2. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Well lets see prior to this expansion (dps only) I had two blue AoEs, one only a frontal cone, and a green encounter AoE. Now I have a taunt with an insanely long repop that has an added damage component. Thats a whole lot ain't it.
    For everything else that sums up my thoughts far more clearly than I ever could, please see the post above. I will be the first to admit I like to talk a lot and it translates into typing too much.
    I answered pretty much everything else on the other thread and am tired of banging my head against the wall. Please feel free to declare victory as I remain silent from this point forward, I am sure it will make you feel better.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Elanjar@Nagafen wrote:
  4. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

That is true for any other class with blue aoe's. I dont use my blue AoE's if theres only 1 mob. Most of the time I dont even use it if there are two mobs. You dont need aoe tools to handle two mobs.
    Oh and if you want scout dps then you're gonna have to lose your avoidance and all your nifty abilities. Cause scouts dont get those... figure out if you want to be a tank or a scout b4 you come on the forums complaining
  5. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Elanjar@Nagafen wrote:
    Thats pretty much the point I made to him in another thread. If he wants to do more damage than us fine. Wants to be as surviveable fine or have more utility, thats fine too. The Brawler community wants to make up its mind though. Heck I have seen in one thread them complain "we are avoidance tanks so I should have more avoidance than a plate tank equipped with a shield" immediately followed by "we should do more dps by a lot" without any note of sacrificing of avoidance (the most powerful defense in the game) immediately followed then by "and we should have more utility". What they need to do is what we did. The vast majority of us simply said "give us more surviveability to make up for the lack of difference in single target dps and give us snap aggro so we can tank" Thats it, it was all we wanted period, to be tanks and have the tools to be just as viable. If you can do the same job and its just "harder" or "more difficult" than another class, guess what, that the definition of something either being under powered or over powered isn't it?
    SOE doesn't know what to do with Brawlers and the Brawlers don't help SOE by not coming to a consensus.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Elanjar@Nagafen wrote:
    Um scouts dont get nifty abilities? Ignoring bards, scouts get the best debuffs in the game, in addition to some other nice buffs like hate transfers.
    Brawlers are a hybrid of tanking and dps, that is exaclty what the dev said we were and the reason the monk raidwide was nerfed. He said he did not intent for monks to be dps/buff bots, he wanted them to be a mixture of dps, tanking, and raid wide buff.
    Our suviability is below the other plate tanks, it stands to reason our dps should be higher single target or many.
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

so are you going to tell me we do more single target dps than you? should i say it? sure, if they're going this route they should maybe make one brawler into an AE and one single target but that still wouldn't cure anything, instead it would inflate your issues.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    no you dont, but the difference is not very much from what I have seen.
    Both you and SK's will be about 500 dps less then a brawler on a single target, but your aoe dps will be at least 1-2k more
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

then perhaps add a few more AEs to both brawlers to even it out.
    now go, hopefully as some sort of representative for brawler kind, because i have seen many try but they all had different ideals.
  10. ARCHIVED-CriticalOvrload Guest

Well the @#%@%$! whiners win!!
    All Zerkers might want to stroll over to the Combat threads and actually read what will be done on O and D Stances by Devs. It appears to be an ALL fighter adjustment that is slated for GU51, but is not on test currently.

Link: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=437332