SOE made the Detroit Free Press Front Page today

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-DevlDeggs, Apr 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-DevlDeggs Guest

Here is the link

http://www.freep.com/money/tech/newman21e_20050421.htm

Message Edited by DevlDeggs on 04-21-2005 05:11 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Cedric Quindiniar Guest

Ironically enough, CNN did a short blurb on EQ2 over the weekend about their press release regarding the banning of 700+ accounts for the sale of virtual goods for RL currency.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tamat Guest

You can always tell if a news organization has any gamers working for them. CNN appears to be lacking :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Jindrisek Guest

"It really diminishes the enjoyment of the game for other players," NCSoft spokesman Mike Crouch said. "Farmers are these uber characters. They're terminators. They don't distinguish between mobs to be killed and other players. It's a question of game balance at that point. We don't want to encourage bad behavior by our players."

Hahahaha! Really Mike!?!?!?!? Too late!!!

I quit L2 right after being killed within seconds by about 25 players. I was soloing mobs and all the sudden all this lag hit and I turned around and saw a huge group of characters named Wang001, Wang002, Wang003....................... all the way to Wang25... and they all turned at me at once and ran after me... and BAMN I was dead and lost of couple of good item to them. It was the scariest thing that ever happened to me in an MMORPG... worse that getting one-shotted by a dragon.

NCSOFT lets players put numbers into their names... what reason is that for? I don't know but the farming bots seem to love it...