SOE Live Attendees to Receive Limited Edition Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Amnerys Member

New this year! Get access to all your awesome SOE Live 2014 virtual gifts with this special Loot Card. Each registered SOE Live attendee will receive one of these cards in their goodie bag upon check-in at the event to redeem on an account of their choice!

Loot Cards will only work ONCE PER ACCOUNT.

[IMG]

Once redeemed, this card awards items in all of your favorite SOE Games:

EverQuest II:
    • 2014 Claws of Veeshan Pack - A 66 slot back pack adorned with the symbol of Veeshan, The Eternal Wurm Mother.
    • Each character can claim once
    EverQuest:
    • Guise of the Ancient Gods - This will be an illusion item that gives players the appearance of the ‘Ancient’ version of the original EverQuest gods.
    • A SINGLE character can claim on the account
    DC Universe Online:
    • 2 Vegas Style items:
    • SOE Live 2014 'Vegas Style' Sign: Bring the lights of Las Vegas to your Personal Lair.
    • SOE Live Slot Machine: You've got to get one of these! Pull the lever and find out how much you won!
    • Each character can claim once
    PlanetSide 2:
    • SOE Live Bundle:
    • Nanite Systems' AutoBlade: A full-featured utility knife. It’s oscillating motor slices through tough materials with ease, while the integrated Lumifiber strips provide enough light for cutting wires in the dark.
    • 2 sets of Camouflage: Wildcard and No Limit
    • 2 Vehicle Decals: Cash Out and Max Bet
    • Every character will have items available, after one character claims
    Landmark:
    • SOE Live 2014 Commemorative Flag – An exclusive flag item that you can place on your claim to proudly show the world that you attended SOE Live in August 2014!
    • Landmark In-Game Painting (Prop) – A special Landmark painting prop you can use to decorate your claim.
    • Each account only has one character. That character will receive both items. (If the character is deleted, a new character will not receive items).
    Dragon’s Prophet:
    • Lady Vox Egg – Ancient Dragon
    • Player Title: Permafrost’s Protector
    • This is awarded on each character. (Claim is received through the mail on first character; afterward, the egg appears in the marketplace bag for every character.)
    H1Z1:
    • Beanie
    • It's hard to stay fashionable in an apocalypse! This beanie not only says chic but may impress someone enough to not headshot you.
    • Item may or may not be claimable when Early Access starts. To be announced.
    EQ Next:
    • Next players will receive something for attending SOE Live 2014. To be announced.
    Want more cards? We'll have some extras available for $35 at the Station Store onsite!

Guests who were unable to attend SOE Live to claim the physical card will receive a Loot Card key via email on or around August 22nd, 2014.
    Pantero, Ayumi, Tariya and 2 others like this.
  2. Knight Member

yea, i'd like to know what the loot card actually containes.......if its another stupid worthless cloak or some stupid mount, forget it......what is the loot exactly?
  3. Luperza Community Manager

O__o The list of loot is all there for every game...Reading is fun! :)
    Griffon Lady, Spindle, Ayumi and 9 others like this.
  4. Eggfu Member

66-slot backpack, eh? now to figure out which bags to buy/make to tetris fit my inventory...
    Luperza likes this.
  5. aspekx Well-Known Member

looks like fun stuff. hope everyone enjoys the gift and their time at SOELive. say, Hi, to the devs for me. :cool:
    Luperza and Avahlynn like this.
  6. HadleysHope Member

Seriously?? a 66 slot bag?? I dont use the bags I have what on earth would anyone need a bigger one?. Clearly our definition of "loot" differs massively.
    Milliebii likes this.
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

My bard who would worship Veeshan if she were a worshipable god in EQ2 thanks you for the backpack!
    aspekx and Luperza like this.
  8. Luperza Community Manager

This is true. Not everyone finds value in the same things.

Perhaps next year, we'll have something you want. Any suggestions? We're always looking for more ideas! Feedback is welcome and helpful. :D
    aspekx, Dagger and Tariya like this.
  9. EQ2YING New Member

How about the 300million Status mount or the Pridewing... TBH 66 slot bag is really lame.shoot even a max sizing cloak would have been better
    Milliebii likes this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

No matter what you guys decide on, some one will complain. XD I remember people complaining about the free stuff that came in the mail on holidays like the othmir illusion. XD One thing though on baggs, they do get outgrown eventually, so maybe a bag that is always going to be 4 slots more than the largest bag in game. My hubby never uses a quarter of his storage space, but I and most of the people I know are DYEING for some appearance gear storage. If you go the house item Wardrobe route, a flashy/ showy Vegas appearance wardrobe would be pretty darn fitting for a SOELive reward.

IMHO, a house based on the venue (but medieval-ised) you have SOE live at would be a cool thing. It would be a fitting gift for people who went there. ... Except for the people who don't like housing, or sell items on the broker in sales crates, I suppose.

Since the theme this year is Zombies, you could make a special set of SOE live zombie illusion no-trade wands. Maybe even the same set of graphics for every game and have a screenshot contest for best SOE game zombie photo. (I guess that wouldn't be feasible since not everyone has access to the game during the convention though. >.<)

Other goofy Ideas.
    Pen and Teller combination of illusion and pet
    White Tiger levitating/flying mount (optional flashy pair of magicians as pets)
    neon signs like the star above the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign, deity versions of some of the more well known signs like the cowboy/cowgirl.
    lounge/poolside chairs with SOE live logos on them
    a "chapel of love" house
    a elvis impersonator house gnome
    a magic trick or set like a set of boxes that work as teleport pads when you step inside. Maybe with swords sticking out of them?
    huuuge feather showgirl hat, heck, maybe a whole outfit. =P
    a fancy fountain with the water show options
  11. Noctew Active Member

Are you kidding? A 66 slot bag is awesome! My inventory knows only two states: full and...okay only one state. I'm a pack rat kerra. At least my guild mates convinced me not to keep carrying that Mistmoore Piano around everywhere I go. ;)
    And what's also nice: this year you get something for all SOE games, not just your declared "primary game".
    Eggfu, Spindle and Lodrelhai like this.
  12. Kalmaraa Active Member

Wait the game isn't even in beta yet.. unless there is something I missed...

Oh I want my, I want my... I want me EQN access....
  13. Milliebii Well-Known Member

LOL, well as I am not going (too far and too expensive for this Aussie) I am not missing out on something I really see no need for.

Scratches head, with only one EQ2 item (and that of doubtful value) how many EQ2 players are going to fork out another US$35 for another one?
  14. Dagger New Member

I dunno, bag sounds pretty cool. I assume they allow people to buy extras for secondary accounts, friends, and maybe even to re-sell? I dunno, but buying one on the open market is the only way I'll ever get one, 'cause I can't make it to SOE Live :(
  15. Arieste Well-Known Member

No to join the wagon of people that scream "too expensive" every time something new is announced, but honestly, $35 for a 66-slot bag. I mean, that's the same price as an expansion usually costs...
    aspekx, Pixilicious and Avahlynn like this.
  16. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm surprised they are giving SoE live non-attendees a chance to buy this at all. Anytime something like this happens I feel that my trip was a -little- bit devalued but that is just my immaturity showing~.

A backpack with a -unique- appearance is pretty awesome especially if it has the symbol of Veeshan on it because that is already pretty cool. Plus you get loot for every game on the list even if you decide to play it later.
    Spindle and Dagger like this.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

That was my thought, too. I could get a full heroic character, or 2-3 prestige homes or mounts for that price. :/
    aspekx, Pixilicious and Xillean like this.
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The past six years I've gone, non-attendees have been able to register for a pass and get the rewards.

I'll be interested to see what the mysterious EQNext mention entails. Dubious we'll see an alpha prior to mid-2015 though.
  19. Grundge Active Member

Why not make a "Virtual Ticket" like the way Blizzard does with Blizzcon?

That way you could give a chance, for those loyal fans who cannot make the trek out to Vegas, to participate in SoE live. If Blizzard can set it up, I cannot that see how it would be all that difficult for you guys to do it, unless you believe that they have smarter workers over there and that is why they can pull it off. :rolleyes: With a Virtual Ticket you could offer the virtual items to those people who cannot make the trip to Vegas.
    Moonpanther, Naeen and Pixilicious like this.
  20. petier Active Member

I dunno I'm excited about the bag, wish I could get a full set of them.
    Luperza and aspekx like this.