SOE, if you are done with supporting DM, a few things...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rolaryn, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Rolaryn Active Member

First of all, I think you talked up and promoted the whole dungeon maker idea longer than you supported it. You probably think that you don't support it cause not a lot of people use it. Its probably the other way around.

If you ARE really leaving it to die, you should do a few things first.

GIVE PEOPLE CREATIVE POWER. Player studio??? Why cant we have a DM studio?? If you gave these programmers and designers that play your game the freedom to create bosses and spawners they could take off with it, and make DM bigger than is. Its obvious we love DM more than you, and that love would show...or AT LEAST let us make stuff and submit it for inclusion like you do with the regular player studio.

MORE LAYOUTS. Give us a bunch of different locations. Make them MODULAR. Instead of making VP 1,2,3,4, give us ONE BIG map for each and the ability to break each map into sections and recreate our own maps/layouts...or a collection of layout sections we can buy on the MP that we can use, to even combine 2 different styles together. There have been countless games, even on playstation 1 that did this....so we know it is possible.

PREMIUM BOSSES. We need a higher class of boss. The bosses we have, I can kill in 4 seconds...thats no boss. Make some real bosses that can put up a fight.Customization is sweet, but Id like sometimes to get a boss thats already hooked up with abilities and ready to go. Like Meagan Stormfire said, A Dragon would be nice. Also the Gods of EQ1 would be nice. As for the existing bosses,make the bosses buyable separately. I know you say "its dmarks, all you lose is time when you buy a boss and you already have it" (and WHY can't we use duplicate bosses? really??) but truth be told, you (SOE) get NOTHING out of it. Im surprised you haven't put bosses on the MP...you have AVATARS on the MP, but not BOSSES???

DON"T UNDERESTIMATE THE ABILITY OF THOSE ASKING FOR THIS STUFF. Well, me,Im just a designer, but I bet there are tons of players that actually HAVE the ability to do these things, in a programming/coding sense and would probably to willing to do it if you just gave them the tools to do it, I know Id do it if I could. It could help grow the DM community...maybe into the vision you guys had for it back when you were so excited about it.

One last thing...Maybe you guys dont feel this way, maybe you really LOVE DM...but thats not what WE see. IFf you really still care about DM, show it....please.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I think nickel and dimeing me to death to 'decorate' a dungeon, was a hard sell. Impossible to me, my $C goes otherplaces.

I don't know what code it takes to convert a zone to DM, but why isn't every zone in game before CoE, including old raid zones available in DM? That would be a lot of Zones, and a lot of variety with just 1 each.

Not releasing it with play as yourself, set it on a bad roll to start.

The exploit needed to be nerfed. Maybe. They did it after all the horses were out of the barn though, which makes no sense.

Nerfing the XP, AFTER closing the barn door was a death knell for DM. Judging by the number of DM dungeons that had 50 mobs stacked in one spot the amount of exploitage was very widespread.

Like a lot of things, very few DM out there look like they were meant to be put together. Those are good though.
  3. Kerrthunk Member

EQ2 team- it comes up a lot here. We just need a little hope for the future. Any response would go a long way with this part of the community.