SOE HELP MY BACK IS BROKE!

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Ambeco, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Broken back, hunchback, p i m p walk, Gimpy, are some of the ways this graphic error has been described. It often happens when finished fighting bigger mobs, your still all gimped over like you broke sumpthin. it is a very annoying graphical error.
    Screenshot to follow... Stay tuned
  2. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

LOL I hate that bug...
    The best thing is the choo-choo hand movements you make, while running, when you have it.
    It has been in the game a very long time, I'd love for them to fix it too... but I'm not holding my breath.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Yes please fix this :) also the bug where you remain laying on the floor after rezzed as if you are still dead (but you can still fight, move around, and jump) but you just remain motionless in a laying down position.
    Also, the mobs that remain standing after they die (as if they really aren't dead!)
  5. ARCHIVED-T'Pol Guest

Oh no please dont fix that.
    These bugs are always nice for a good laugh. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I"m fairly certain it's a glitch with the bow firing animation. It's hilarious.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

I always called that the "Gangsta Lean". Most favourite bug ever.
    I hope they don't fix it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

No one on the server got the swagger like us, swagger like us, swagger like us...
  9. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

oh man I have never seen this. But it made my daughter and I bust up laughing just now. Will look into it when I get back to work.
  10. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

lol are you serious? this bug is YEARS old.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

Yeah this brokeback bug has been around since at least Kingdom of Sky, probably a lot longer. Hard to believe it was never brought up before now in any way.
  12. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

covic wrote:
    I've seen it. It can't be fixed on art end. It's how code handles transitions in and out of certain states/
  13. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Neiloch@Butcherblock wrote:
    You'd have to play the game to see it ;)
    But yeah, I don't see how anyone that plays the game could not have seen this many, many times over. I believe its been happening since release, but has become more common over the years.
  15. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

Its not usually seen by everyone when it happens either. Sometimes you see it on yourself and no one else does, or someone else sees you doing it and you dont see it at all.
  16. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Ya I need more playing time. I just have this goblin issue at my house, 4 of them live there, I think they are called kids. haha.
  17. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Been playing the game for years; some family members playing since beta. None of us have seen this. Guess we don't have the 'right' combination.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Resstful wrote:
    Thats funny, cause the players I've been playing with since launch can remember this happening back in orriginal release. Usually happens to tanks when bow pulling. I'm sure the transition on and off mounts for combat is making it worse as well.
  19. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

It's definitely a bug with the bow, since I almost always play scouts and they tend to get the glitch quite a bit.
  20. ARCHIVED-Silresa2 Guest

Played off and on since release, various capped characters, raiding, etc. - also never seen it. I also never play any bow-using character/rangers/etc., so that would seem to be a common cause if folks who see it often are playing them. See? Something like that is actually useful to fixing the bug, whereas obnoxious "everyone knows about this bug lol" posts are not helpful in any way to the resolution of problems.
    If you want it fixed post about it, give detailed information and screenshots on how to reproduce it, and move on. :) You can complain about something all day but if they can't reproduce it, they can't fix it. You can say people "bugged" it years ago, but did they bug it in a way that was reproducable? If not, and noboyd was able to reproduce it, no fix. Or maybe it slipped through the cracks, who knows, but as someone with a half dozen characters who has played for years I have never seen it, so this isn't some constantly-happening-for-everyone-since-release-omg-bug everyone is experiencing.