SOE, expect a bill from me...!!

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-HeathenPagan, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-HeathenPagan Guest

Yeah, its called LAG SURCHARGE!!!! nuff said!
  2. ARCHIVED-NeoPsych Guest

Im not sure SOE is responible for your PC / network connection !!

I have a decent rig and pipe and never ever get lag on high quality setting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

:smileyvery-happy:

Lag Surcharge? Since when do you charge a game company for your computer being spec'd to low for the game...change your performance to high performance.

I had severe lag till I upgraded my memory and such...
  4. ARCHIVED-HeathenPagan Guest

Transfer blame to myself? that dont sound right! and yes, it probably is my settings, but i dont know how to configure them properly so i fugure that has to be someone's fault other than my own! =P
  5. ARCHIVED-Exmortis_MT Guest

Pack up your computer, back into its original box. bring it back to where you bought it. Ask for an Idiot refund.
    There is nothing funny about your statement, you do not the deserve the use of such complex devices.
  6. ARCHIVED-Petgroup Guest

A computer at NASA with a billion megs of ram and futuristic hardware, after 3 hrs of gameplay, would still lag out in Qeynos Harbor.
  7. ARCHIVED-mistress_darknes Guest

ah we have ubber gaming pc the best video cards and we still get lag.
    the harbor is the worst area
    our server is way way to full, they seriously need to split us or offer guilds to move to other servers.
    I have to agree with folks about lag, if you are in a fight or the down below it has a bad bleed but the harbor has the worst we have seen.
    my brother in law just started playing and he builds gaming computers for a liuving he was yelling about the lag.

saha
    antonia b server
  8. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I bought an XPS last spring. I can play on the highest graphics settings except shadows without lag. There's not even any lag when I raid and all the spells are going off. Shadows are cool though wish I could use them. Too choppy. There IS lag sometimes when I'm crafting and I wouldn't think that would be the machine but who knows.
  9. ARCHIVED-NeoPsych Guest

I have my Alienware on high quality and there is no lag. My server is Everfrost and i dont believe the population to be excessive.
    If you need to reduce your specs, go into the eq2 icon, options, performance and try higher performance rather than quality.
    If you have less than a p4 with 1g of ram, pack up and go to a PC shop right now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

The joy is that you can play on a 2.2 with 512k RAM. I did this until I bought my new one. You just dont see faces or grass on the ground and stuffs.
  11. ARCHIVED-HeathenPagan Guest

well, im using a p4 with 1g+ ram, radeon 9800 pro, blah blah, pretty sure its not my system, settings, yes, partially the problem...
    edit for server...Unrest:)
    Message Edited by HeathenPagan on 11-30-2005 10:41 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

Options is pretty easy. Just play with it. You may need more ram... I run 2Gig
  13. ARCHIVED-Psyker320 Guest

This has flamebait written all over it. I got my post it before it was locked !
  14. ARCHIVED-Qugore Guest

lol..this is an awesome post
  15. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

Some things that might help:

- RAM helps a lot with many lag issues (especially in areas such as Qeynos Harbor). If you don't have at least 1G, I would recommend getting some more, especially as it isn't very expensive.
    - I found on my system, turning off shadows made a BIG difference.
    - Turning off ocean effects might help too - I've noticed performance decreases when the ocean is in view
    - Do you have a good sound card? Often on-the-motherboard sound chips use quite a bit of CPU power. I got an Audigy 2 card and noticed that things speeded up.
    - Of course, there could be network lag issues between your computer and the SOE servers (your internal home network, your ISP, servers between your ISP and SOE, etc.).

These are the things that I've personally noticed can make a difference (assuming you have at least an "OK" cpu and video card).
  16. ARCHIVED-Ogrebear Guest

I saw the most amazing thing, my friend gets no lag in qeynos harbor. He has 1.5GB of ram and a 256 graphics card. (so ya a pretty high end system).

But ya with 1 gb or ram and a 9800Pro i still get lag all the time there.
  17. ARCHIVED-Poids Guest

You have obviously never seen silent city with 2 raiding guilds and 2 or 3 groups on the Splitpaw server. Pure server lag right there, it can't handle that many people in the zone, and every single one in the zone will experience 2-5s delay on all spells. Makes doing for an example the Spectre event for one the eyes impossible, so you gotta wait until people start leaving the zone until you can do the event. Fun, fun, fun.
  18. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

LOL - nothing beats the lag when you have a full raid in SC doing the x4 encounters and have another guild's raid force move past you - now there is some lag:smileyvery-happy:
  19. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

Don't be ridiculous... what we SHOULD be billing them for is QAing the beta test of their new game Everquest II. I don't know when it's going to be rolled out, but it's been in public beta for over a year now. :smileyvery-happy:
  20. ARCHIVED-wes_GS Guest

I get between 30 and 80fps (acording to fraps) with my machine on the very highest settings.

Albatross GeForce 7800 PCI-E 512mb
    3gb ram
    Athlon 64 FX-57
    SATA Hard Drive with 16mb cache.

The game looks great at these settings :)