SOE Can we get Back to great exp through Questing???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ladymist, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Mardy New Member

Bingo, by making people grind, they sell more exp potions. By making less quests, they spend less dev resources as creating quests actually takes dev time to create. SOE is making more money, while spending less dev resources. There should be tons more quests and more quest hubs than the signature line.
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Guiscard Active Member

I couldn't agree more. COE is a disaster -- no more quest hubs -- just a stupid Mandatory Signature quest. Bring back Kunark style questing please.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

With levels going past 90 and the introduction of prestige points, they intentionally made it more difficult to level, so you actually earned your prestige points. I don't see them changing any xp values on anything.
  4. Guiscard Active Member

The problem with that line of reasoning is we can still get better XP by mentoring down and doing Kunark. So ll they did was drive people away from the new content or they zip through and go elsewhere to level. I think they shot themselves in the foot.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's probably true.
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Seems like making all things equal would be the way to go then:)
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Grouping should always be faster xp than soloing.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

But solo Grinding should not be faster. The problem is in Old World zones a Solo Player with crafted armor is able to Solo what used to be Group zones. XP is faster by grouping... problem is you don't have to group anymore.
  9. Tekadeo Active Member

Why?

Does grouping not have it's own rewards? Way better loot, way faster kills, less focus needed...
  10. R.J. MacReady Active Member

The fact that you think you can focus less when grouping tells me all that I need to know.
  11. Zure New Member

I would like to see questing make a comeback myself also, EOF and ROK were by far my favorite expansions, I'm a quester and enjoy it, the new quests are very clunky and boring IMO, I do them only because they are there, they really don't benefit me much anymore. Being a non-raider (only due to time constraints) I found it more fun to quest then try to find a group to grind with, If I wanted to grind I would of stayed playing EQ1.. Recently I started doing older quest lines (Working on TS Epics Now) I'm not getting and EXP for doing them but they have been quite fun..
    Mycenia and Guiscard like this.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Grouping is faster grinding then solo.... i mean, why it should be slower, the penalty was taken away, sometimes ago.... which leads to the question, why is solo faster then grouping (if group works, not suffers ^^)
  13. Tekadeo Active Member

Since 90% of all XP groups are 5 toons auto following the likes of me, yeah you got me bro.
  14. Guiscard Active Member

I wish we could go back to having real expansion instead of quarter sized expansion with linear quest and NOTHING ELSE. COE was a disaster as an expansion -- I am sure they are short of people, but I would rather wait longer and have REAL expansion than this lump of leftovers they sold us.

Very simple - you don't have to wait around to find people to make up your group and then wait for them to show up. That makes solo faster XP than sitting on your butt forming a group.
  15. Tekadeo Active Member

This isn't even close to accurate---unless it takes you 2 hours to form a group?
  16. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Not all servers are insanely populated like Freeport, maybe he is on one of them. I know on antonia bayle my alt server it takes like 2 days to get a coe group lol
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

I can verify Grouping up on Guk takes 2-25 minutes depending on how picky you are about classes.
  18. Guiscard Active Member

I think that is time of day dependant and also what time standard the majority of players are on. And I always thought A-B was crammed full of players -- it always shows a high number.
  19. Tommara Active Member

I started on AB and then moved to Freeport when it opened.

Freeport is a lot more casual tolerant, which might account for better results in forming pick up groups. My guess is that while there might be a lot of people on AB, they've had a lot more time to form friendships and therefore less need to join a PUG.
  20. Ajos Member

I am just returning to the game , made a toon on a oasis and was thinking it was just me feeling this way about the xp so Im happy to see it isnt. Started my quest grind in darklight woods , even burning the 20 percent xp potions I was getting quests and gear rewards that were 4 to 5 lvls over me . If I remember right , the last time I did those quests I was 20 when I finished darklight , this time I was 16.