SOE Bristlebane Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

There's a few more changes coming to the event, on live servers and test, with a hotfix on Friday (EEEEEE!):

• Bristlebane Bounce competition - The floating fish are now worth one bauble point!
    • New reward item available through both the bounce and the snack snatcher competitions!
    ~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

What? Are you going somewhere?!

~Kaitheel
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Leaving the game. Gave myself a cut off date on the 1st of April (to have time to grab my dices) and I'll switch to TESO when that game is out. The fun factor isn't there anymore, and I'm tired of logging just to see friends without having anything really meaningful to do. Please go eat a bit of Gninja in my house at times and think of me ;p

Both your changes seem pretty cool, I can't wait to see them. I made a 109 on my computer (we did switch graphic cards) as an enlarged ogre. The fish change will help getting more points without having to enlarge oneself. Seems a good idea.
  4. Kepli Member

Sorry to see another old-timer leave. Im right with ya though. Super amped for TESO, not much for decorators to do 'round these parts lately. Just remember, you can always play for free! (what I'm doing until something awesome gets thrown at us)
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

That should help a lot!
  6. ShyMidnight Active Member

From what I've read about TESO crafting, they don't even have Carpentry as a profession. Totally shocking! Without that and oodles of decorating, I'm not so keen on it. Still, the exploration and questing will probably be quite good, and the way in which characters develop might be good - I just hope it's not like Secret World's character development. I preferred the mechanics of Eve Online character development to what Secret World did. I'm pretty sure I'll be in EQ2 until EQ Next comes out. After the SWTOR WoW killer (NOT) debacle, hype about MMOs has to be proven before I'll venture into believer territory. The EQ2 Free to Play model is Soooo much less greedy than SWTOR's. Got to wonder how TESO will handle Free to Play. Lolzes. :D I don't like too much greed atm, not while paying for kids in college!

Super excited to do Bristlebane (it'll be my first time). I like the look of some of those new craftables, and I need a horse of many colours!

I love EQ2: it keeps me young!

SM
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Whilhelmina. Thank you for all of your years of volunteer testing here. You, and your fellow testers, have been instrumental in getting content improved, polished, (and sometimes just plain working). And I am not just referring to live events, either. All of the work that our testing community does is appreciated! And this cannot be said enough.

Enjoy your travels and adventures, wherever they make take you, but please know that Norrath will be here, and that you have made a difference in it!

~Kaitheel
    Calthine, Tariya, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  8. Bchizzle Active Member

You were always great the few times we crossed paths in test and beta, best of luck. Big loss for eq2.
  9. Mophia Active Member

Ok, I managed to break Ogled Goggles myself. I was trying to change from default red to default blue UI, and her window to advance the quest was up. Now no matter how many times I talk to her, she still has the feather, she won't give me the next step.
    and my blue default Ui isn't sticking either, lol.

OK a relog got it fixed, and posted about the UI in support section, lol
  10. Eveningsong New Member

Found a bug when trying the snack attack race. It happened when I tried it at the bouncing race as well, so it may apply to all races.

I decided to see if I could use the mount appearance illusion of my bovich mount, the way you can use an appearance with the flying races. When I stood on the platform, the mount appearance didn't show up, so I hit my mount button to try to add it (not really expecting it to work, since you can't do anything while waiting for the race to begin).

To my surprise, when I hit the mount button (while still on the platform waiting), the horse of many colours disappeared, along with all the sparkling snacks. I wasn't able to get the game mount back, even after the race started; I had to cancel the quest and take it again. A similar thing happened at the bouncy race; although I wasn't visibly mounted, when I clicked the mount button all the quest sparkles disappeared and I couldn't complete the race.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Sigh, this has happened to multiple characters now. I get a score high enough to get the meatbeast house pet, and the NPC only offers me up to the halfling jug. Very frustrating.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You're on the wrong race, the halfling jug is in EL, the meatbeast is in the SS bouncing race.

Thank you for your kind word Kaitheel. I tried my best to help Norrath being more enjoyable and you and a lot of other devs were highly responsive to feedbacks. Thank you for your work.

Thanks to every tester who said their farewell too. I love you all.

*massive hugs*
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just got told that the 3 craftable masks are no value. It seemed very weird to me, why shouldn't they sell for a couple coppers like all other crafted items?

Folly of Mask, Misbehaving Mask and Mischievous Mask have the problem.
    The Mask of Passion and Face of Love from Erollisi are also showing "no value"
  14. Calthine Well-Known Member

The meatbeast is in both races.
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I am wondering if it is a bug where the bottom part of the quest rewards did not show on the scroll down. As it has not happened at all today.
  16. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The price of the berry-fed bovoch mount HAS to be a bug.