SOE Bristlebane Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

By comparison with an ogre... yes.

Does it invalidate my advise, nor the fact that I cannot do anything about it? *headscratch*

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I always KNEW some of my toon's butts were bigger then others and caused troubles now and again. Now, I have proof!
    Cyliena likes this.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Adding a few more golden baubles or makeing reds worth 3 points may help.
    Calthine and Absyntheea like this.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I wonder if putting appearance wings on a toon would help. Like the Farfeather wings. Turn yourself in to a huge, hulking (eyesore) scoop!
    Cyliena likes this.
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

making*

That's what I get for typing that on a tablet. :D
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was a freak chance, but I got stuck inside a plant at /way -1332.98, -226.83, -580.93 and had to use escape to get out of it. There's a few other plants like it around the area.

I just tried the bounce contest using my 32% enlarge effect from my Cloak of the Harvester on my max height human (on the Beta server since Test won't connect). I'm honestly not seeing one bit of difference in my scores (I did six more runs total, the first run was at normal size, other five were max size). I've also tried it in first-person view and that didn't help, either. IMO it's purely a game of chance. My highest score today ended up being 80. Oh well.

edit: I just remembered... when in first-person view there are no sound effects for the bounce pads or hitting a bauble.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, will April 1 only quests be turned on this week? I'm heading out of town on Sunday so I'm hoping I can help test it before then! :)
  8. AelCad Member

Does the Trout reward still have the Hammerstein description on it?
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

Or maybe this week?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

I've been waiting for the art pull that occurred on Saturday. There was indeed a reason behind the wait.

Now, we've just got to wait until those assets are pushed to the test environments.

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  11. Calthine Well-Known Member

Awesome, we await with bated breath! Or something :)
    Cyliena likes this.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Kaitheel!
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I checked the bouncing race after turning my char into an ogre and enlarging it with a cloak, yeah, size does matter. A lot.
    Could you reconsider adding a couple more yellow balls up in the air so it's a bit less sheer-luck based?

I don't suppose there's any way to add food or something more "stockpilable" as a reward on it? One needs only so many armour pieces ;p
    Cyliena and Calthine like this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

The April 1st content is now active on Test and Beta servers!

Returning features on 4/1:
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester’s superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • “Riddled Throughout the Land” - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added “Marble Stone of Arneson" reward choice.
    • “Riddled Again” - Repeatable, once per year
      • Added "Sandstone of Chance" reward choice.
    Also, the Merrymakers Mask and Bristlebane's Celebrative Courier Mask should have appearances.

~Kaitheel
    Niami DenMother and Cyliena like this.
  15. Calthine Well-Known Member

Yay, new dice! All the April 1 stuff seems to work just fine. LOVE the masks.
  16. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Busy getting some of my gals up to 10 before they turn in the Chronoportal collection, so can't do any testing right now. So am wondering, are the new appearance pieces from the bouncing race no-trade, heirloom, or fully tradeable?
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The 2 quests seems to work fine.
    The Courier and Merrymakers masks are weird! Glad to see a new appearance for a mask!
    Appearance items from the bouncing race are fully tradable and I have several on the broker, feel free to get them)

They're now all in my Live Event Opera house.

Goodbye and have fun Kaitheel, it was a pleasure helping you with your quests those past years!
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

The new masks are neat, I just wish they didn't make us look bald. Too bad it's not just the part over the face and not the thing over the top of the head! (But, I figure it's because it would do some odd clipping stuff with the hair even if it were just the face part?) Still.. too bad the bead part doesn't come all the way to where the hairline should be.. even that would make us look not bald.
  19. Rylaar2000 New Member

I absolutely love collecting these dice every year! However, I would love to see other types of gaming dice, for example, d8, d10, d6, and percent type added in.

Thanks!
  20. Brienae Active Member

I did some testing on the bouncy race (love it by the way) too bad I'm really really bad... my scores are not important.
    I tested on a Freeblood and a Fae with glide turned on
    I wanted to see if Glide helped in any way and it seems it does not. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but if glide worked it could make the race easier for the tiny Fae. Since it has already been said size matters would glide break anything?