SOE Bristlebane Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I'd believe that. Someone I talked to had run it with a ratonga and they kept getting extremely poor scores. My human can occasionally get good scores, yet not quite good enough. Maybe everyone needs to be enlarged to troll/ogre size?
  2. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

The bounce race is really a lot of fun, even if it is really hard. I'm not sure I'll even be able to get the top tier prizes though. I ran it a few times.. and the highest I could get was 40. I wonder if gnomish spring boots would help at all? I agree with the larger races having an easier time of things. I ran this one on my fae and on my ogre. The ogre had much better scores. I would really suggest that everyone run these either on their largest character or with a large race illusion going.
    Cyliena likes this.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Well I got most of it but, with my scores there is no way I will ever see the hat. lol [IMG]
    Thanks Cy for the outfit for guildhall mannequin:)
    Cyliena likes this.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

So,, what *does* the hat look like?
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The cap is a jesters cap if I recall correctly. Not at my computer to look atm.
  6. Emms Member

What timezone is PAC? I try to find it on a timezone abbreviation site but I can find it. Only hit I fins is location pacific but there are a range of different timezones in pacific :(
  7. Mophia Active Member

Thought Sony was PDT, unless PAC is the summer time equivalent. I always have a PDT clock on my clock with my GMT one, lol, so I can work out when the Test and US servers get patched. And times have always been on PDT for me.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I think PAC is just some strange shortened form of Pacific. Currently it should say PDT instead, like Mophia explained. :) http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=770
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The hats doesn't have a graphic yet.

We switched graphic cards (so I have a Geforce 550 GTX+ Ti and hubby 2 of the same on a SLI) and it doesn't change much (as expected, EQ2 is not known for making a good use of the graphic card).
    There's now 4 players at 100 and above on Test. I still think that it would be better to have more yellow glowies. The possibility to gather zones is too much based on luck. There's often no yellow glowies in the area when you manage to jump in the higher areas.
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I agree.. My suggestion is to increase the number (density?) of the gold glowies.. maybe lower them a little bit? I don't necessarily want the game to become a cakewalk.. but I'm not sure I'll be able to hit top tier even once. It really is a FUN game..but I just don't think I have the coordination to preform well. (Or maybe it's my dinosaur comp) Maybe just tweak it a *little*
    Cyliena likes this.
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Okay, that bouncy race is huge fun, but also seems to be pure luck. Why do I say that? Well, since Brewdays is still on Test, I tried a run drunk, as well as a run while on a pub crawl (which sends you weaving side to side randomly). I got 56 on the straight run and pub crawl run, and 57 on the drunk run.

No idea if or how I'm going to get that achievement, and this is unfamiliar territory for me. I've gotten all the other race achievements. Heck, I got 70+ rose topiaries on live. Thinking of making a female sarnak and trying again, see if I get any better.

Picking up points on the bouncy race seems to be rather inconsistent too. Sometimes I'd sail to one side or the other, but get the points. Other times I'd sail right through one and not get anything. One time I went through a gold one and got the red one below it instead.

On a completely different note, thank you for the throwable drink! However, sometimes it hits the thrower instead of the target... either it's 50/50 chance (tested 4) or attackable npcs reflect it back.
  12. Ashlie Active Member

In Qeynos, I am not able to complete this quest at all. I get stuck at Ogled Goggles. Barb does not have a feather showing that she is the one to speak to, but she will talk to you. The problem comes when it's time for you to tell her that you will help her, the only option I get is "No, it really doesn't sound like something for me."

I have tried just deleting the Ogled Goggles part and doing it again, as well as deleting the entire quest line and trying again. I have a guildie who also is not able to complete the quest in Qeynos. She gets stuck at the same part of the quest.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for posting! I just saw the reports of it from in-game, too. Her fix will be coming soon!

~Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

No, they don't. Just as I stated they don't.

Nor will they until sometime after 3/23.

~Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

16. Kaitheel Developer

I can confirm that, in this case, size does matter.

Unfortunately, that is just part of the game* and how it was created. We have no means to affect it.

I'd just suggest that smaller races use some growth potions or race illusions with this contest, if you are looking to improve your score.

~Kaitheel

*The game = EQII
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The achievement for Bristlebane Bounce is definitely going to be lowered.

~Kaitheel
    Alenna and Cyliena like this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

As promised... The following changes have been made and are on their way to a test environment near you!

• Ogled Goggles - Barb Islenet in Qeynos Capitol District now advances the quest.
    • You Jelly? - The Bristlebane Bounce achievement has been lowered to 90 points.
    I am not sure when they will be on the servers, but they should be listed in the update notes at that time.

Thank you for your continued time and effort in testing these events!

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena, Afista and Calthine like this.
  19. Calthine Well-Known Member

Thanks for the attention!
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Human is a "smaller race"? *headscratch*

edit: removed the rest of this post