Social/Emote system?

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-Amitee, Apr 2, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

I'm wanting to head into roleplay here. Currently, I do RP on SWG, which has an amazing social and emote system. I'm not finding anything off-hand on the social/emote system used in EQ2. (I've been gone 3 years)
    Is there a sticky or a link somewhere that outlines all that can be used in the social system? Thinks like creating custom emotes, animations, etc. If anyone is familiar with SWG's systems, are there things like >directed speech, moods, and speech types? Are whispers only heard to those you /speak them to, can you yell to extend your voice range or get /quiet to lower it?
    Thanks for any help.
  2. ARCHIVED-KynnVea Guest

Since no one has answered, I figured I would. As far as I know, there is no grand sticky with this information so I'll summarize as best as I can.

There are your traditional /emotes, where you can type your own emote "/em smiles and waves." or you can use preset ones, under the social window (o) with animations. Things like /smile have animations, though some of them are...questionable. You can sit with the 'x' hotkey.
    Then there are moods. /mood set angry (it might be /mood angry) or /mood none, to turn it off. This will contort your character's non-soga facial features. Soga models (The default ones now, do not have this option I believe.)I think there is happy, sad, angry, and sleepy/tired.
    Whispers are called /tells, and they are private. You can /shout (/yell breaks your target combat encounter, I ALWAYS forget that).
    Some of the models/genders have voices you can chose from, but that's mostly heard in some of the vocal animated emotes, and in combat when you are getting your behind handed to you.
    That should cover it, in short. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

If you use profit UI , there is an option with tabs just for emotes , it even seperates the emotes with voices from the ones without.
  4. ARCHIVED-KynnVea Guest

Not to rain on your parade Wullail. But the default UI does too.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Personally I use /em and /say a lot but mix it up a little so I end up both describing and talking in the same line:
    e.g.
    /em looks up as the %r enters the room, "Greetings to you, welcome to our humble establishment"
    /say would you like to order a drink", he pushes a menu towards the %r, "I can recommended the Brells Brew

Oh, %r get's replaced with the race of the person your targetting, there are a bunch of these that I don't remember off the top of my head.