So you want to preorder Reign of Shadows

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Sheriane Member

I agree with Tilweani.
    On this game, the "tracking" is a facilitating element, so much so that I only choose race that have it (kerran, half elf, wood elf...)
    Wouldn't it be logical to provide all the races on the "tracking"?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Ryoga Member

ooo nice
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a shame that this year the "Family and Friends Version" costs more than a "Premium Version" and a "Collectors Version" combined. And in the end it contains even less.

In fact, a "Family and Friends Version" is a "Premium Version" + a "Standard Version" + a few things from the "Collectors Version". Last year there were at least double "spell boost packs" in the "Family and Friends Version" for the buyer, this year it doesn't seem so.

Thus it does not bring the buyer any advantage, because the tradable things of the "Family and Friends Version" bring less profit in the broker than Kronos would do for the same amount of real money.

So why should someone buy the "Family and Friends Version" unless they overlook this fact?
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I bought the collector's version, it has everything I want including a new house = Pretige Home Shar Vhal, something spelled like that I guess. Can't wait to see it. And the new Val Shir (sp?) cat race with hair. I have always loved Cat Characters since the Khajiit of Morrowind et al Elder Scrolls games.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

So they can sell it on the broker.
  6. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Sure you can only sell the F&F edition things on broker, but with which advantage? If you invest the real money that the F&F edition costs more than the premium edition in kronos you earn more profit as from selling the F&F things on broker.

So there not stay any advantage from the F&F Edition.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You must make choices. If you want tracking and don't want to play a scout, then you have to choose a race that can track. Or you can do what I do on my non-tracking characters: hire a mercenary than can track (I use Trundo Flutterwing from Kelethin, I think the CD aviak merc can also track).

Some races have evac. Some can self-repair armor or disarm traps and locks. Etc. Some can breathe water. You just have to decide what utility options are most important to you.