So, yay, raid armor itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Eeevaa, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kluxor Well-Known Member

this is the most whining and ******** posts ive read all year. get over it. its a handful of slots, you'll be fine. if you had a million plat to blow on infusing your gear in the first place, especially if you were loose enough with your plat to blow 50-100k per item that clearly weren't even BiS anyways you'll be able to do it again.

if even a minute portion of people who said they were rage quitting actually did, this game would probably have been dead long ago. But you don't, because whether you like it or not eq2 is still one of the most enjoyable mmo's even with a fraction of the staff they once had. enjoy the game, stop whining, and run some zones and get some new loot
    Kraeref and Zeee like this.
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

We see it as the opposite, a downgrade or nerf. Item strength is not measured on an absolute scale. Item strength is measured relative to other items.

It isn't about 'how much damage' or 'how short' the encounter is. It is about how much damage or how short the encounter is relative to another value. In Darkon's (and likely Fatality's) case, this value is the damage output/encounter duration of other guilds. In my (and Magical Girl's) case, this value is the theoretical minimum encounter duration.

Replacing a Best-in-Slot with an another item that is no longer Best-In-Slot is not an upgrade. It shifts players further away from their reference value, which is why these players are upset.
    Darkon, DoomDrake and Airros like this.
  3. Airros Active Member

and you...complaining about other people complaining...does anyone else see the irony in this? lol Maybe, just maybe, these people have a legit point, and place a greater value on their time and effort than you do. Nobody forced you to read or comment, and if you don like it, feel free to take your own advice..."go run some zones" ;)
    Avirodar, Feldon and Healious like this.
  4. kluxor Well-Known Member

complaining about your complaining? someone forced me to comment? nope...i'm pointing out that you're all sounding like a bunch of spoiled children who just bought an xbox 360 three months before xbox1 released knowing damn well its gonna be obsolete eventually, even though you can still use it.

as in taking advice? perhaps you should take your own advice of your signature and move the f on
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I recommend you Star citizen. If you truly are looking for another MMO and not just running your mouth here
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I wish there will be a button to delete your own posts. Server errors drives me crazy.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

8. Veta Well-Known Member

Best decision I've made all expac: saving those bonus infusers. Since the bonus infusers cannot be re-obtained, it is rather sad that people had spent them on items that even when plat infused is equivalent to, if not worse than, the new dropping gear. I had just recently spent around 500k+ to max plat infuse my gear, I guess it is time for round 2.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

Let me try to understand what you are saying... So regardless of the fact that the gear is factually better than it was before the update, it's magically now next to worthless because it's not quite as good as the new version.

In summary, it's all about self-worth (substitute a 5 letter word starting with an e and ending with a n if you will). I think I understand now. I think it's a pretty ridiculous point of view, but I do understand.
    Kraeref likes this.
  10. sycla Active Member

yeah its worthless now

you will never get it..stop posting on matters you know nothing about
  11. Airros Active Member

and I am pointing out that you sound like even more of a whining A$$hat, by coming in here and giving what amounts to a worthless opinion, knowing damn well that we really don't give crap what you think...perhaps you should get a clue, accept that fact and move the f on yourself...
  12. Kaarkula Active Member

If the raid gear wasn't upgraded it should be - I hardly pay attention because I rarely spend dkp on raid armor... it's been like that for awhile.

However I liked the armor upgrades I saw people actually playing yesterday.

Also removing relic from the quest ring was a great move.
  13. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Kinda reminds me of that bible story where the one guy was mad because he worked all day and got paid the same amount as the guy who just got there. That always seemed like a pretty raw deal to me.

I plat infused my left side armor on monday. As in 3 days ago. Of course I knew better things would eventually come along, and that's fine. I thought it was worth it for the increase to my performance between now and then. I did imagine it would be more than 2 days before I was hunting replacement items...

I don't mind running heroics and raids again for the upgraded gear. I like playing the game, that's why I do it. But I spent a lot of hours harvesting pelts, crafting infusers, running key quests for plat to infuse... those are things I consider a chore and the prospect of starting over on that kinda makes me wonder why I do this to myself lol. And really, as others have said usually the annoyance of "starting over" on gear is mitigated by the intrigue of new content, so it doesn't feel like groundhog day.

"So the last shall be first, and the first last..." Easy for Jesus to say, I don't think his raid spot was contested. ;)
    Avirodar and Ragna like this.
  14. UBiLL Member

OK so min/maxers have to farm their gears again, for the third time in 3 months, throught the same old content while losing all the bonus infusers, and plat they invested on their gear!!

If by reading this you feel it's OK then you are just an idiot really and maybe you should just buy a ps4 and go play call of duty or something. i have been saying it for months now : We, as players, should be much more vocal about those things that we are now. They keep giving us less content, mediocre quality content that is untested, less service but we do pay the same price for it.

So while a lot of people are trying to explain to the devs how what they are doing is just not right you have some idiotic people like Wurm and Kluxor that turn this thread into an argument between player and that will likely make the thread locked by the end of the day. You should be ashamed guys, it's because of players like you that this game is getting worst every week. SHAME ON YOU!!!!
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yep like I said before problem is not in how gear been remade problem is in the some players no longer can brag that my dick bigger then yours .... kind of lol
  16. Healious Active Member

Doom you really should just not post, since you clearly have no clue about, well, most anything. The problem is DBG is making changes that are completely disconnected from what their players wants. Its not just this stupid patch but so many other things that I won't bother to list, because these forums are full of examples. Examples that for the most part won't even get a devs response. This is just one peace of a large problem. Yes I do realize the dev team is small and they are likely overworked. That being said, it does not mean that players are gonna continue to pay for mediocre gameplay with close to zero support/input. The ONLY reason not to retroactively upgrade gear is to try to artificially increase the length of the expansion
  17. Easiette Member

Thats kinda exactly it, some of us have worked very hard to have bigger ....s that the rest, we spend a lot of infusers, plat and on occasion an amount of DKP that resembles weeks of raiding. And now the playing field has leveled again...
  18. Sylke Well-Known Member

So, I guess my main question is this... Why is there any debate at all about if the Mythical duck hats should be upgraded (including a full retroactive upgrade)??
  19. UBiLL Member

OMG! You just can't help yourself ! Please stop posting!
  20. Loran Member

So, its been 24 hours since the servers came back up and we saw that we all got shafted and still no dev response other than suck it, are you trying to alienate everyone that's still actually playing this game?
  21. Loran Member

If they don't like their job, they need to find a new job. I'm paying to play the game and not get repeatedly shafted by changes that don't have to screw me over just because the devs want us to keep the same content for another three months while they try to finish more content for us to run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.