So where is the TSO info?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-madhatr, Oct 31, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

NiamiDenMother wrote:
    Thanks .. :) <3DenMum

btw WTF ... seriously. Carpenters should be the only class making house items but all these faction reward recipes can be made by anyone. I dont know if I should like this or not since it will no doubt be much easier to gain faction by adventuring, however my carpenter is a low level adv while my sage is not.
  2. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

NiamiDenMother wrote:
    thanx! Are the fireflies also a light source? I need to go buff my faction so I can grab these recipes and play w/them!
  3. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    I agree with the carpenter thing, being a carpenter myself, however, I think it is due to the fact that they wanted to make all the faction recipes "fluff" and they would have had to make recipes for all the classes to make em fair. Some classes would be harder to make fluff recipes for than others.
  4. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

No, the fireflies are not a light source, only a "gentle glow"
    As for the comment about the furniture recipes being carpenter-only, then the other 8 classes would have complained about not having any recipes this expansion (especially after all the carpenter love we've been given during the Domino era) ... or each class would have had only one or two recipes per class - leaving MANY to gripe that the amount of recipes available wasn't worth the faction grinding. Adding new fluff items to the game is still a time-consuming given everything that goes into it, and I'd rather see this many recipes that everyone can aim for than 1 or 2 for each that have to be "balanced" as far as desirability between the classes.
    It is a compromise ... but it is "just" fluff, so why not let everyone who wants to play with it? :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

NiamiDenMother wrote:
    thanx much!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    Necessary? No. Nice? Heck yes. Bet I craft faster than you do :)
  7. ARCHIVED-TrevorTally Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    I haven't looked at the adventuring side, but I surely hope this isn't the case. I would hope they learned from the *last* fiasco that crafting rewards should come through crafting so long as adventuring rewards come only by adventuring.
  8. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Melisina@Najena wrote:
    I believe the newly added House items that Denmum just linked about, require factioning with the 3 "adventure" factions... however the vaste majority of the Crafter stuff comes from the Crafting Faction of Far Seas Trading.
  9. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    I posted this a few months back, no one listened to me then. In TSO, you WILL want crafting gear if you plan on doing the crafting content. However, if you go out as a woodworker and buy the woodworker crafting gear first, I will laugh at you.
    As a woodworker, you are going to want the crafting gear for the other 8 crafting classes, and will probably not bother with the woodworker gear.
    If you were to solo a group tradeskill mission without the crafting gear, you will spend 4 - 5.5 hours doing it. If you do the same mission, but have a full set of crafting gear for the classes other than your own, you will be able to do it in 2.5 - 3.5 hours.
    Since every crafting mission requires people to do level 80 combines using skills which are capped at either 49 or 99, and using T1 skills for them, you can not simply mash buttons and expect to have a good result, even with a full set of appropriate crafting gear. And since you will probably be doing this in a group full of tradeskillers, you don't want to embaras yourself by failing a combine.
  10. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Thats just it .. getting the gear only helps you do the group mission. But to get the gear you will need to do the mission alot anyway. What exactly is the end goal of doing the missions? The gear will only give you a slight increase in crafting time for normal items. I am sure the amount of time saved will not make up for the HOURS and HOURS spent doing the missions to get the gear.
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Sounds like every adventure dungon, and adventure quest, and adventure raid in every MMO ever made. IF all you are focused on is getting the gear then, yes these thing are worthless... just like going on a Raid is not worth the time spent... because really all it does is help you Raid better next time... same with grouping Dungons and so on.
    The end goal of doing the mission is to HAVE FUN... if that is not the result then you are wasting your time and shouldn't bother. That is true with Grouping dungons, and Raiding as well... as the increase in "Power" the Gear gets you will NEVER make up for the time spent getting it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    I agree, Jesdyr, that you run missions to get gear that makes you better at running missions.
    I think some people will really like this, and some of the crafting armor sets look really nice. And the mounts are neat too :)
    So by doing in this way, the items we can get won't really make or break anything, but they will be nice 'fluff' (not sure fluff is the right word, but I couldn't find a better one) and nice looking and neat. This way no one is really forced to 'grind' mission after mission. But those that enjoy doing these missions can do them and still get some neat items from it. Those that don't enjoy them can abstain and not really loose out on anything extremely important. This last group will of course get less content from the expansion, but it's by choice.
    I still think the solo mission limit should be upped to perhaps 2 or 3 per week. It will still limit the people that only solo so the groupers can get world discoveries first. But I think it is a bit sad a person that can only solo, have to wait til the end of January 2009 to get the unicorn (10 coins). But that limit is probably a discussion for another thread :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Goldburg Guest

So from what I have read and seen thus far we are getting some bonus type items to crafting, which are great while leveling up. I also see a variety of house/guild hall items and appearance gear.

These things are nice and all but what happened to functionality? Perhaps fixing issues with out current crafts such as Jewel crafting ( lack of consistency among all tiers for worn handcrafted and MC items), improvements on ranged items/shields or Tier 7/8 and RoK faction tailoring. No new adventure usable items aside from appearance is making certain crafts less desirable overall. I haven't even seen a single new consumable with any tradeskill nor adornments or tinkered items.
    Don't get me wrong I love crafting and decorating however functionality plays a role into the fun aspect of the game for many people. For myself I leveled multiple crafters to provide for my adventuring needs with both gear/spells and consumables, but with the upcoming expansion any level 80 I have will find no new things needed from crafters.
  14. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    That's a good question. Ke'la responded to you that the end result was to have fun. I hope the missions themselves are fun. Adventure group quests (and even some raids) are fun to do. Even someone as long in the tooth as I am can get quite a kick out of finally conquering a seemingly invulnerable MOB. Maybe seeing our finely crafted arms and armor put to good use to route the enemy will provide the same kick
    Up until now crafting has provided a different kind of reward for me. In small amounts it is relaxing. It's fun to make something new, especially furniture or nice armor, but the rewards are usually in a simple sense of satisfaction for getting to a certain level or buying a faction item.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[IMG]
    "Shapechanges caster into a Rock"?!?
    Really??
    HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!?
    Best illusion EVER!
    Even better than the "LoN Burynai c/w Moppet verteran reward = tiny"
  16. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    OMG. That is nice. Do we draw less agro as rocks? That would really make the gear worthwhile - allowing some low level adventurers to harvest in higher tiers. Very, very nice.
  17. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Holymoly@Runnyeye wrote:
    So now instead of badgers being harvested, it'll be players.
    I find that so very amusing...:D :D :D :D
  18. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    LOL. I too have tried harvesting badgers.
  19. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    Mechanisims are slowly falling in place.
    Currently, you can do a group crafting mission that will reward tokens. Among other things, these tokens can be spent on limited charge recipes that make some fairly decient gear (not top end, but its ok stuff). Also, these instances drop crafter specific gear, and also drop rare tradeskill components.
    We are aware that there is a fourth tradeskill mission to be added shortly after TSO is released.
    While there is currently little use for crafting gear short of saving time, it is not unthinkable that the crafting mission that is not on beta will be the hardest of the four, possibly requiring those crafters attempting to do combines for a class other than their own to have the full set of gear for that class. It is not unthinkable for this zone to also have drops that are wanted by crafters, either as fluff type items or as something with an actual use.
    Reguardless, I will be sure to get a full set of all three pieces of both crafting sets for all 8 crafting classes other than that of my main character, as you never do know what may happen in the future, and it will save me a whole lot of time in those missions, and the extra XP gain will come in handy when the level cap is next raised.
    On top of that, one of the things that has always been said about the merchant/token system that TSO has, is the fact that it is very easy to add new items too. This means there is a possibility that these same missions and tokens could be used as a means of gaining recipes similar to the ones on beta now, but using raid dropped components (since we have been told there is at least one raid zone planned for release post TSO), and thus making raid quality gear. If so, and if done propperly, this would be a way to get non raid crafters actually making these items, as raiders would be less than willing (for the most part) to continually grind out these missions in order to have a constant supply of recipes.
    Then again, the whole system could end up with no more development than it has now, in which case the crafting gear is simply nothing more than a time saver...
    Whatever happens though, it is no longer accurate to say that every combine is simply a matter of spamming a few buttons to get pristine.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    Badger butt ore :)