So when are the forums going to be fixed?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Meirril, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

The login for the forums hasn't worked properly for months. Everytime I go to log in I have to reload the page to get it to work. Reloading the page seems to take longer and be more prone to crashing as time goes on. Isn't anyone at SoE embarrassed that your forms are malfunctioning?
    Maybe if they had some competent professionals over there one of them could fix the public face the company presents to its customers, but obviously appearnces arn't important. You'd think a company that has software development and a heavy online presence would have the tallent and manpower to rectify this situation within a week but obviously SoE feels their reputation is too stained to care about a little thing like their own forums.
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Sometime between now and the heat death of the universe.
  3. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

I suspect it's probably scheduled for the week after the heat death of the universe...
  4. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

personally i think rather than migrate any of the posts they should trash the entire thing and start from scratch.
    fixing spagetti code sucks
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I have to say this is about as accurate an answer as I can give.
    As far as reloading the page that shouldn't be necessary (I've not had to do this at all either at home or at work across multiple browsers) but the post searching ability and other irritations which have surfaced since our forum migration are being worked on.
    As I've posted in other threads, tech support is not the department which handles our forums/website, so I can't offer any more information than: "It's being worked on" and "We're aware". Which we are, and it is.
  6. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I really hate it logging us out constantly too. Truly annoying.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

TSR-MattG wrote:
    it does this, often. when the team does working on fixing the forums, that should be a priority.
  8. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Tigress wrote:
    This happens to me a lot too and has been for some time.
  9. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Reloading EQ2forum and pages doesn't work at all can do infinity and it will never load have to either wait hours or days and come back later on
  10. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Instead of just hitting refresh, hold the CTRL key and hit F5. This will force a refresh of the page bypassing anything already cached, and should ensure you see it up to date.
    As already stated, the Technical Support department does not handle forum functionality. You can email our forum admins or PM the moderators if you would like to discuss anything functionality related. Technical Support provides support for the game client and other related technical issues.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bjerde Guest

After you log in, you should be re-directed back to the page you were on. This is very frustrating as well if you came from another link, such as an outside search engine.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

I've seen hobby forums for cat lovers with more functionality than the EQ2 forums.
    Tell you what SoE, I have an unused VBulletin 4 license that I will donate to you. Out of the box, VB4 would be better than what we have now.
  13. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Gravy wrote:
    You're welcome to start your own forum on your fan site! :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i was going to say or to ask, i couldnt log into or getting eq2 forum open during the weekend.
    it seem taking too long, tried refreshing but it isnt working., my internet is fine, i can get in star trek forum in 2 seconds, but eq2 were stalling for minutes and saying "pages not found".