So Whats Next?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-alabama, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-alabama Guest

whats coming up in August or the next expansion?
    meat and potatoe wise, not sc garbage
  2. ARCHIVED-dreken Guest

mini games,
    seriously,
    EQ2 has really lost direction
  3. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

alabama wrote:
    August you get asparagus...enjoy.
    Next expansion is sometime Nov/Dec and is supposed to be a content expansion with some new zone that wasn't part of Eq1 and was barely mentioned in the lore apparently.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Hopefully a ton of information on EQ Next.

I would settle for anything over one lousy screenshot
  5. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Twyxx wrote:
    It's probably going to be The Deadhills involving Kyle Bayle's fallen colony New Qeynos.
  6. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

You know, Gamescom 2012 would be the perfect date for expansion announcement....

any later than that, well then = won't be released this year
  7. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Quoted for emphesis. I'm really excited to hear and see what the next generation of EQ is going to be like.
  8. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Kram337 wrote:
    SOE Live 2013 is the earliest I think we'll see anything. But more likely 2014. That's not a playable game by the way, just screenshots and a trailer.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

Not that they haven't already made two great games without our input but the sooner we can get in on what decisions they're making the sooner we can tell them what we want as a community. Though in all honesty, I liked EQ2 at release, before they had all our feedback a bit more than I do now.
    Just thinking about things like death penalty (turning into a ghost and all), the rate at which you level, stuff like that just made it feel more EQ1ish. But now days there is no penalty for death and you can get a character to max level in a single day. The game we have today wasn't the game they released 7 years ago, its the game they've changed over the years to appease the noisiest of the populace.
    So on one hand I'd love to tell them what we want as a community but on the other hand, I'm not sure it's such a good thing. Feels like over the years we've all gone from hardcore gamers to instant gratification monsters. I guess what I'm saying is that; I wish I could give them just my feedback and nobody elses ;D
  10. ARCHIVED-Occam Guest

Kram337 wrote:
    You can: http://www.soe.com/careers/ :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Don't say such terrible things!
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The recent job posting for EQNext suggested that a lot of it is still in the conceptual phase. Maybe I misread it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I know it takes minimum 4-5 years to develop a new MMO. I understand they are working on the "next gen" MMO and don't want to let any secrets out.

I am just so anxious to hear and see some concrete information on this game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Not sure. I do know that during Smedley's AMA on reddit last month, someone asked if there's a chance that more information would be available this year on EQ Next, and Smedley answered with a yes.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...veteran/c5ngux6