So, wait, we CAN'T boost an existing character to 100?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Gojiria, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Gojiria Member

JUST bought my expac, so sorry if I'm a little behind the curve. READING the page selling the product it clearly states "BOOST AN EXISTING CHARACTER TO LEVEL 100...". Now that I have bought the product, all I see is an option to create a new 100th level character, not boost any of my extant characters, WHICH IS WHAT YOUR PAGE PROMISES/STATES.

Am I missing something somewhere?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

The bauble from the expansion can be used on an existing character (unless they changed it since I used it on one of mine). The bauble for that is an in game item that you will find in you /claim.

There was a recent promotion that granted a free 100 that could only be a new character.
    Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Feylone Active Member

Did you claim the bauble on the character you wanted to boost and use it on that character? ;)
  4. Gojiria Member

claim what bauble? This is the first I've heard of a "bauble" to /claim. I am VERY sorry for my attitude and so forth if that's the case, be much less prone to freaking out if there was somemention of how that works somewhere?
  5. Gojiria Member

I have /claimed the "bauble" and boosted the character I was looking forward to boosting. Thank you Feylone and Finora, for helping an old curmudgeon out. I'll try to be more chill in the future. ;)
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Some of the boosts were given in bauble form in the /claim window and some were boosted by the arrow next to your character on the character select screen, so some confusion is to be expected.

I am glad that you were able to boost your character with help from Feylone and Finora.

Welcome back, enjoy the journey and have fun, that is what matters.
    Feylone likes this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

Boosting tradeskill class to 100, via bauble: 3500DBC
    Boosting adventure class to 95, via bauble: 3500DBC
    Boosting adventure class to 100, via bauble: the cost of the expansion (unsure if this can done more than once per account)
    Starting a character with a 100 level adventure class, via character select: 3500DBC (available character slot not included)
    Membership discount may apply all of these prices.

Basically, if you want to start a new character with a 100 adventure & 100 tradeskill character, it will cost you at least 7000DBC.
  8. Feylone Active Member

You're most welcome. As Cyrrena said, the baubles that came with the expansions were mostly from the /claim window. I was a little confused the first time they put them out too. Figured 'What the hell?' Did the /claim an there it was. :rolleyes: