So, uh, how big is your layout file?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Oradim, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL cool.

Ok I'll get mint chocolate chip, and heath bar crunch. I'll just get a big verity of doughnuts. I may just get some other snacks and stuff too and we can do it up like Cy does for the parades.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Now, Oradim, I'm given to understand that you have only 9 toons so far? I'm guessing, all on one server at the moment, but if you still have character slots, a viable alternative to just letting them pile up in a train wreck would be to explore and investigate other servers with them. Depending on how many extra slots you have, you could go over to Thurgadin or Public Test and get seven more toons free in either one before you needed to "spend" any more slots on getting up to the Nine (I do the exact same thing with mine; make sure I have all the Nine, just in case, on each server). Are you US-based right now? Can't recall at this hour and without sufficient IV units of caffeine; lemme double-check...

Brb...

D'OH! Of course, you're on Antonia Bayle, as I see by reading your signature. X-P

So, yeah; I'd highly recommend jumping on dear ol' EU Thurgadin and Public Test; that's another 14 more free toons between then, and if you have four slots left over... ;->

Hence, spreadsheets. :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Oradim and Breanna like this.
  3. Oradim Well-Known Member

Semi-necroing my thread here I suppose... ah, well, it happens. Plus, I've meandered off the original path to a fair degree.

I decided to fill in some gaps and I've been running my 9 characters through the Sentinel's Fate tradeskill line – for the items that can be converted to house items. All done with that now. Since they were all already pudding lovers (i.e., The Proof of the Pudding) I thought they might all like a nice shawl. So, off to Destiny of Velious it was. Now they are all proud owners of their very own Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl.

So, I've not been entirely idle despite being remiss in responding/updating!

I did decide to create a new character and fill my last remaining open slot. So, ten characters now, though, to be honest, I don't really care for the Paladin that filled that tenth slot. Shrugs. Maybe I will create a replacement. Not sure, but no rush.

I had previously done the tradeskill lines from Altar of Malice up through Planes of Prophecy. I've run one through the Chaos Descending tradeskill and three through the Chaos Descending adventure signature line.

Right now I am thinking I will focus on getting the rest of the crew through both the tradeskill and adventure Chaos Descending lines. My account does not have the Tradeskill Apprentices feature and I've thought about dabbling with that from time to time. With Anchorage and the Public Tradeskill Apprentices I don't know if that is even worthwhile now. I did burn 1,000 DBC on the Reforging feature a few weeks back. I feel that was wasted so don't want to do the same again.

I've thought about creating characters on Thurgadin in the past. Primarily with the idea of joining a French guild. But, the prospect of starting a character from level 0 with nothing is not very appealing to me just now. My mind boggles at the number of characters some folks (*cough* Uwk *cough* but others too) have! I hope my good natured joking about spreadsheets and number of cells was received as intended!

Anyway, there's never a shortage of things to do! But I'm veering even further off piste from the topic of house layout file size!

Again, thanks very much Sigrdrifa, Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cyrrena, and Breanna for all the input. Especially the mint chocolate chip ice cream and coffee!

Oradim
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still look at this and think this is a very personal question *giggles snarkily*. Now get on the SPRING ROAD TRIP buses in the Test Forums, you will have a blast, today we are at Mackinac Island, Michigan.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

LMAO I think the same thing :rolleyes:
  6. Oradim Well-Known Member

Intentionally just that wee bit naughty? Hmm, who knows? ;)

I also forgot that I had the last of my characters spend quality time with Qho. Yippee!
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it certainly got folks' attention... ;->

My every sympathy. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Oradim and Breanna like this.
  8. JesDyr Well-Known Member

The Large layout issue is just that it could take the server much more time to process a large layout file than if you only told it to load the items you needed to actually move. Loading a temp file with 50 items the server does that almost instantly, 4000 items and it could take 30s or more to actually move handful of items you cared about. That is all.

People use to ask me for a "Do what I want" button... so I gave them one that shows up randomly when you open the program. :)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've pressed that a number of times. It's hysterical! :D

If I'm working on a house of my Doctor Who homage toons, I usually just grumble back at it, "We've already re-booted the universe, it's a major pain. :p"

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I've only just seen this Oradim, if you do ever want to make a character on Thurdagin you will be most welcome to have a home with me - my French c'est terrible but I can kit you out in full gear etc:)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm on three different guilds there at the moment, so yep, there's lots of friendly folks there! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.