So Necro gets their first single target DOT at level 31??

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-crekka, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-crekka Guest

Not counting Static Pulse and Bludgeoning Earth where Conjurer also will have, we only get our first single target DOT Withering Affliction at level 31. Both the other 2 Dots we get before are AOE ones which I dont usually use when grouping with Enchanters/Bards and these spells take up too much mana anyway. Even my Inquisitior friend gets a DOT which does 60 damage per tick where I am still relying on my Static Pulse and Bludgeoning Earth where the aggregate damage is less than 60 per tick.

I have also thought Necro master in both Dot and Lifetap (1 Lifetap at level 45...), I guess this is not the case in eq2. I am getting near to level 31 to get my First single target DOT for Necro, but I hope the Dev will revisit our spell lineup between level 20 to 30 to give us 1 single target DOT for the upcoming Necro.
  2. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

bleh just more bad news for an already upset nec...

if you dont mind my asking since you are higher than me....
    pet pathing is broke and has been since beta, does this change at all with other pets??
    in your opinion whereabout are we in the DPS ranking>?
  3. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Pet pathing is still a pain (The mob and pet LOVE to dance together). As far as DPS, melee's seem to complain that our pets out damage them, but when I look at the logs I dont see this to be the case (I have used both Grim Adpet I and Undying App III). Our damage via spells is fairly crappy (Clerics Nuke for then I do) and it really sucks that all of our dots are AE save for the pre sub-class ones. They are not very mana effective on single pulls =(

This is from the view of a 26 (Almost 27) necro.
  4. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

ty for your response tho i figured that was the case. every MMO i play i pick the wrong starting class.

made a pally for my first toon in EQ, when i hit 55 i realised im not DPS or tank ima a BACKUP tank, so i rolled a nec and loved it.

quit EQ kuz LFG just got so **mods 4 teh win!!1!** boring plus my laptop i had it on was in a car accident with me : )

so i pick up FFXI i WAS a big square FF fan hehe. made a White Mage, figured i would never be LFG for too long. unfortunately, the optimal group for exp in FFXI does not consist of a WHM, bard rdm tank + 3dps out exp brd whm or rdm whm +tank. kept playing until EQ2 release....

so im like theres no way sony could break necs, i pick up EQ2 and make my nec, only to be disappointed again : (

our main for of solo'n still being bugged 30+ is just plain wrong. since beta even more wrong. no ressponse on a fix, WoW hehe......
  5. ARCHIVED-Zylozeer Guest

If your pet is pulling aggro from your melee fighters in your group... your melee fighters are pathetic. No offense if they are your friends but the pets don't do any taunts what so ever and nothing that is severe enough dmg to get aggro off heavy hitters. Also their attacks are a bit slower than players so its not like their out hitting others.

Just my 2c :smileytongue:
  6. ARCHIVED-Emmgel Guest

Aggro can be an issue with the Adept 3 (not app3 mentioned above) Undying Adherent - not a consisten problem, but can occur with tanks that aren't a couple of lvls higher.

Emmgel
  7. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

if the tanks find they are loosing aggro to a pet then they need to do more taunting on their end to maitain aggro on themselves...

As a warrior when i was tanking, thats all i concentrated on was using my taunts while in a group because i wasnt necessarily there for damage but rather to be beat on .... maintaining aggro was THE most important role and i still think it is as a tank, not so much doing damage ... but some others dont agree with that i guess...

And likewise....just my 2 cents...
  8. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

My adept 3 undying adherent does between 30-60 damage per tick with the app3 lvl 25 pet buff. That's a good bit of damage and with blight and seism when appropriate along with our minor nukes, we do a great deal of damage.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Correct.. and Adept3's are also the BEST SPELLS IN THE GAME (at this point)
    Please don't try to act that because you are lucky enough to mine some jasper, or have the few gold to spend to buy some (and friends to make it), to actually get your lvl24 adep3 pet... that you are the rule and not the exception to it.
    I think necro's are fine (excpet soothe servent gives too much aggro, or adpet1 pets need taunt.... same thing)... but I took offense to you trying to pretend your adept3 UA was the 'norm' for the class and those who didn't see that were more or less just whineing.
  10. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I would say that half the necro's that I know on my server (Befallen) have the adept3 pet. Do you know why? Because we are a pet class, and many people either get lucky mining a palladium or jasper, or they save their money and buy one on the market. By level 25, you should be fighting mob's that drop some pretty decent stuff, so you can make a couple of gold per night just by selling your loot. Save your money and get yourself an adept 3.

Correction: Adept 3's are not the best spell in the game, I have an earthly brand master 1 and saw our level 32 pet master 1 looted from ruins of varsoon the other night (guy was selling it for 30g, out of my reach).
    Message Edited by Handlebars on 12-17-2004 12:53 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-kibs Guest

When did he say anyone was whining? Maybe it was a suggestion to upgrade your pet. I take offense to the fact that everyone thinks they should have the adept three pets and spells. What about those of us that put in the time mining, harvestin, crafting and questing to make the money to have them, no reward? Seems a tad bit jaded.

Lets not turn this into "I've mined ten million rocks and no rare" thread, please. You dont have to have friends to get it made, just go into a crafting zone and inspect people crafting untill you find a highlevel alch to make the ink and a sage to knock it out. Granted the rare is exspensive and hard to come by, thats why its 'rare'.
    Message Edited by kibs on 12-17-2004 01:10 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I have put my time into harvesting and tradeskilling also (lvl 24 tailor). I do this because I enjoy it and I can make some money to buy the adept 3's for my adventuring necro. I have only managed to save enough money to buy 1 adept 3 other than the rare I luckily got. I was just saying that adept 3 pet's aren't as rare as one would think. Since necro's are primarily a pet class, this would be the natural one to upgrade first.
  13. ARCHIVED-kibs Guest

who looted the master pet?
  14. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Khemical on the Befallen server. Not sure if he's dumped it yet. Wrote it down just in case it was still up for sale and I have the money.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Right back at ya'.... I didn't turn change topic of thread.
    Silly me... I thought 'rare' things weren't expected to be STANDARD equipment... that was the only point I made.
    Just a difference in opinion... no biggie.
  16. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Yeah, no one is expected to have a full array of adept 3 spells. But a lot of people have 1, and ours would usually be the pet. That was my only point.
    Message Edited by Handlebars on 12-17-2004 01:24 PM