So much woe is me QQ on the troub....

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-bellemort, May 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

yeah, level muteing for 40pp , and kidnap adorners to get your stuff made cheep

and the majority of my adorns are low quality (greater) >< i jsut dont see spending a mana for 8 ability mod. heck i dont even bother with it in rings.. to me its either hp or parry. and parry gives a f-ton of avoidance why not .. =)

and i hate that necklace with a passion. make the tank one stop dropping in raids for me..

and stop the tanks from taking my scout earrings... and wrists... and charms! ><
  2. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Thanx for the tips, Faerin, much appreciated. They'll be helpful, even if I'm not a raider.
    Who do I Upbeat Tempo? I've got an 80 Troubie on another server, but never got enough AAs to get that ability, so I've never actually used it yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

UT Targets Primary, Warlock , Necromancer , Shadowknight
    Secondary Yourself(if under 100% reuse) Fury, Warden
    Teiritary, the Enchanter that use PT instead of EV (why . whyyyy!!!)
    then Everyone else. conj wiz everyone else...

UT gives 2 extra ticks of a DoT or a HoT. while conj and wiz have ... one?.. two? . it effects like every warlock / necro/shadowknight spell

its primarily a dps thing but helps your warden and fury

it should not be put on a caster because they are low on castingspeed or reuse, you should cap their recovery automatically. they should reforge to not need it
  4. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Fairin wrote:
    Thank you, very helpful.
    Other, non-Troubies are telling me to stack as much +critchance as possible -- I'm currently at only 115 or so -- until I get to at least 220, & not to worry about any other modifiers until I get there. I didn't fully understand your post about equipping for reuse & casting speed (forgive me on that, I'm kinda dense on game mechanics) so I wasn't sure if you agree or disagree with this advice.
    Regardless, this is all very much appreciated :)
  5. ARCHIVED-jetjockpjb Guest

Freejazzlive wrote:
    Crit Chance is, well, critical for your personal DPS especially in SS and Drunder zones; however, the personal DPS of a Troubador is not critical to your group or raid success while the frequency with which you can cast PotM, RO/VC, Deadly Dance, Bladedance etc. is. Fortunately, spell Reuse and Ability Reuse can be quickly and cheaply raised with a little judicious reforging. Crit Chance can only be raised with better gear and adorns.
    220 CC is necessary if you actually want to hit anything in SS zones. That rises to over 300 for HM SS and over 400 for PoW.
    A Troubador's personal DPS is not what makes them so desirable in groups and raids. It's not really even a consideration. Don't sweat your DPS too much. If you're outparsing the healers, you're doing fine. If you're also outparsing the Illy's and some of the slackers among the other classes, you're doing impressively well and better than 90% of other Troubs :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

@Freejazzlive - Yeah Crit chance to cap should be absolute a given, its 210 for skyshrine contested, 250 for hardmode 285 for skyshrine raid, 350 for skyshrine raid hardmode, 240 for drunder hardmode 410 for plane of war, 285 is very -easy- to aquire and should be your first target. it'll take special gear choices to get the 410 for plane of war however

you should try -not- to adorn/spec for crit. unless you specifically have too, or its planned that your gonna buff crit for the mage group going into hardmode so they dont have too/under geared.

i will have a clear post on how to play a troubador with ALL current playstyles with updated spec's and clear information on why after GU 64 and i have had time to resettle after moving .. new comp .. ect..ect...

but i'll still answer questions till then.

your spec should include the 32% recovery from Swift Voices (SF Line, Bard tree) which Buffs Allegro (only need 1 point in it to get the 32% reuse) you want your spellcasting speed to equal your recovery speed (more doesn't hurt, but you can probably do better reforging the "more" somewhere else)
    so that being said, crit to cap, spellcast = recovery, spell reuse + abilityreuse = 100% (with jcap) should be your first priorites after hitting lv 92, keep your haste over 200 and dps mod over 200 (you probably wont get a dps "buff" being a troub, so 200 is my minimum i wont go under)

and @jetjockpjb Personal DPS does matter a whole heck of a lot, victorious Concerto does vast ammounts of damage (it is in fact the hardest hitting spell in the game, by 10x), and if you master your dps. for the math, my average vc is 150k, for 11 seconds, thats 11 possible attacks for 6 people (includeing fury) or 66 attacks (not counting aoe's) which is 9.9 million dmg, or very quite literately 1 million dps for its duration... ;) dont let everyone know this.. they'll cry nerf... sometimes im glad my personal parse doesnt show all the dmg "i do",