So Monks tank better?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-SennSei, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Bad_Mojo Guest

I'll agree there! Aggro management is one of (if not the) most important aspect of tanking, what good is taking damage if your healer, nuker, and dps guys just died all around you because you couldn't keep the attention span of the mobs!
    In that respect, Berserker's are outstanding as tanks. This guy was keeping aggro even though the Monks were taunting as well (probably scared at seeing his life drop so fast - But I had it under control ;) ) I can honestly only recall *one* time he lost aggro, and it was no big deal - He gained it back almost immediately - It was memorable because it happened during one of his abilities (hold the line I think?) and was something that he had never seen happen. I'm not sure who angered that one mob out of many so bad that it broke, it never got a chance to really attack anyone before the Berserker had it back under contol.
  2. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Exactally, its easy to tank One double arrow up mob and brag about it, and its also easy to do it all day long, the real challenge is tanking in excess of 4+ mobs and controlling the agro and keeping it on you, thats the beauty about EQ2 battle encounters and one of the things that makes it so interesting.

After 4 years of killing single mobs on EQ1, if i wanted to kill single double up arrow mobs id go back to EQ1, i like to pull multiple mobs here and my group loves watching me tank it :smileywink:

Aonein Amillion 26th Monk
    16th Outfitter
    Everfrost Server

Taemek 22nd Berserker
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server

"We are the two halves of the Flowing Circle, the light and the dark. If either grows too weak or too strong, the circle collapses on itself. Here, I will draw a Flowing Circle in the sand for you. Meditate upon the dual nature of our order and ourselves as you practice Kitten Swims Upstream. Perhaps, if you learn something from your meditations, Brother Tenshin will teach the kitten to become a tiger."
    Message Edited by -Aonein- on 12-22-2004 10:24 AM