So LoN is Shuttering Down...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Meirril, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

If I was a crafting-minded dev I'd try to convince the producer of EQ2 to attempt to acquire some LoN assets to use as Tradeskill rewards in the future.

Not only does LoN have a considerable amount of items that already exist in EQ2, but it also has a lot of Norrath inspired art assets that could probably be converted into "paintings" easily enough. Working these into new crafting quest recipe rewards would be easy. Make a set of 10 painting recipes and you have a substantial reward for any quest line/crafting instance/crafting vendor/tradeskill apprentice.

The recipes and actual paintings could even be made into drops for an art-inspired boss/zone.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Strongly agree.
    I hope somewhere you guys are getting screen grabs for all the LoN cards/art? I'd really really love it if you posted a gallery for them at some point.
    SierraDawn, Ishuna, Avahlynn and 3 others like this.
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

4. Ardulafea New Member

http://eq2decorators.com/house_items/house_items_lon.php hopefully is that what you were looking for , Mogrim :)
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

I saved all the wallpapers. I asked if there is any way to get them without the giant LoN logo but no luck.
    Avahlynn, Ishuna and Shmogre like this.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If you actually log into the game and look at the artwork on the individual cards, not just the in-game rewards, they are amazing. Be a shame if it can't be archived somehow...
    Ishuna and Prissetta like this.
  7. Zythus Active Member

im going to be quite sad to loose to LoN, i was never really into the game itself so much, i played a little but i never got it, but the art work was probberbly some of the best art theyve done for eq2 - i hope we can gain these as crafted items / plunderable loot from zones, would be good, i wouldnt want to loose all the great art work theyve done, would be a shame hehe
    SierraDawn, Ishuna and Prissetta like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'd keep an eye on the marketplace, and items added to festivals and events. Since the bits are already there, I wouldn't be surprised if they got a second life.
    Ishuna and Prissetta like this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

A large part of me is sad that LON is going the way of the dodo, but, as I haven't seen anything new done to it in a long time, I can't say I didn't expect it. However, I do hope they add to events or the marketplace the LON items (golden dragon hoard, tempest in a teacup, the snack table and ice cream cart and various plushies, for example) and deeds (Legends 5 room house! {which I've been trying forever to get}, the New Halas house, the Residence of the Blades house {not sure if the last 2 are on the marketplace already...have to go check now...}. I'd love to see these things broken up to individual purchases so that I know exactly what I'm getting in a time of decorating and not a RNG "maybe-I'll-get-the-item-I-want" letdown. I know you have the capability to add new categories to the marketplace! I've seen it!!! I personally, am a no-nonsense kinda person when it comes to my money and value choice more than lottery options. I'd still like to see the LON items added somewhere and not shoved into a dusty closet to be forgotten forever. I wouldn't mind seeing new paintings from the LON artwork crop up in various places too. Some of it was pretty neat looking.
    Tekka, Ishuna, Avahlynn and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ishuna Well-Known Member

It would be great/wonderful to see them added to something in game. I'm feeling a bit marketplaced out.
  11. Ishuna Well-Known Member

Will you be posting them somewhere? I'd love to have them. If i ever did have any, i can't find them :( Thanks for saving them :)
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

13. Ishuna Well-Known Member

14. suka Well-Known Member

15. Zehl_IceFire Member

I was just thinking of all of this too. I'm sad so many beautiful paintings will go away (esp ones I didn't get a chance to get) as well as the card art. I have saved all the wallpapers. I plan to take screenshots of all of my game cards in the game client so I can look at them once in a while on my comp. Maybe get some small frames & print & frame a few faves. I just finished redeeming my 100 freebie NT packs sitting around for years on account #1, and I have 2 more accounts with about the same to do. I got a few paintings I had really wanted, and the stein of the alesmith recipe I never got! I'm pleased.

On this topic.. I have these trade-able loot cards I didn't claim yet, anyone interested in trading for a few DBC or maybe you have a trade loot card I don't have. I feel like in the end these will all end up being claimed by me.
    \aITEM 2104721886 1528472951:Reet's Revenge\/a - Reet frog illusion & damage shield
    \aITEM 2045033171 -1339779749:Illisia's Cloak\/a slowfall & clicky +5% chance to hit with weap 12 secs, pretty blue design
    \aITEM -681238713 72313362:Nurgg's Cloak\/a slowfall & clicky 5% less power for CAs for 12 secs, chain & metal design
    \aITEM -1888543497 -51379855:painting: Taking Flight\/a (came with pre order of digital version of TsO)
    \aITEM -153096423 -2099851655:Badge of Thyr\/a fire giant illusion, (Exterminator Mark V Tourn Pack, if "show illusion form" is off shrinks the caster 40%)
    \aITEM -726254045 752349011:Magical Pack Camel Plushie\/a house pet
    \aITEM -1089837607 964788899:personal Theme Music: Hymn of Creation\/a - you & players nearby hear it
    \aITEM -1825491258 -20591376:Eerie Cloud\/a - cloud of bats illusion
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Hey you can always play the LoN Loot Card Lottery.