So I'm thinking of coming back

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by xinge, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I know EQ1 was having issues 5 or 6 years ago. I took a pack full of bronze gear to Qeynos Hills to give to newbies......only to find there was no one in the zone.
  2. Naneel Member

There should be something that draws players of all levels to one area. You see this in EQ1 with PoK/Guild Lobby where people go to get MGB buffs.
  3. xinge New Member

So finished with my raids for the week in that other game lol. Going to resub tonight and check things out. Maybe even take my two box warden out of storage til i get my bearings on how to play again.

Far as the eq1 topic goes. I was playing it again a few months ago. The game has got TOO BIG. Was difficult to navigate the new zones and find GOOD spots to level up. Also the fact that mobs global you didnt make it much better.
  4. Gdawg311 New Member

its the middle of the summer,,,, just sayin, its completely normal for servers to be slower, its a common occurance across the entire genre.
  5. SentinelBasch Active Member

If you're using Guk as the "dead server" example, I can tell you that all of my toons are on Guk and that is certainly not the case. I am a co-leader in a large guild and have never had issues finding a group, from Lv 20 up. I haven't tried before Lv 20, but have no desire to - the journey to Lv 20 comes very quickly and should be spent learning the basics of your class.
  6. Kojacke Active Member

The Crushbone Raid Alliance is open to any returning or new raiders, all we ask is that you be willing to learn.
    Kojacke of the C.R.A.
  7. ginnekreegoth New Member

I'm a fairly new player, only a few months, so I can't really speak out about the good old days. This is the information age and people are relying more on technology to communicate. EQ2 is well, a bit lacking in that department. Unless you're a gold member, you can't mail your friends to let them know when something comes up and you'll be off game and the result is that people are going dark. Our guild uses a chat program on our cell phones. It keeps us in contact and helps us plan when we can all be online together to raid or quest or just hang out! Privacy and ease of use were important factors, so we found one that was fast, simple and easy to message. Aside from that, we talk to people. A curtsey or bow here and there will make a few friends later. Of course, I'm more of the type to dance. I also have the good fortune to know a very good group of people. I'm on the Unrest server as well, and I'm always looking for more friends! You can even start a conversation with me!

I have heard a lot of people say they are losing their friends and that's really hard. Especially if you don't have an outside communication system. People go dark and you even worry about them. But I also know how hard it is to change. It's difficult to lose a group of friends. Sometimes you have to leave a guild that just started to find a place that makes the game fun again. I hope you find friends, and I hope you find a place that feels like a family. :)
  8. Blood Moon New Member

If populations are getting low, is there any chance for server merges? that would invigorate the community trying to find people to quest with.