So I'm thinking of coming back

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by xinge, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I am not a pessimist, I am a realist. But having said that, each person is entitled to their own opinion/observation and I am simply expressing mine. EQ2 has lost the majority of the casual player base it once had. Even Smokejumper said that we have buckets of players now (i.e. hardcore raiders, house decorators, etc.). I am not advising any one not to try this game or come back to it. I am just stating the obvious. I have had a great time playing EQ2 over the years and don't regret a minute of it. Best of luck to you all.
    Fictional Reality likes this.
  2. xinge New Member

I thought AB was a RP server. I dont RP so i probably wouldnt fit in well if i were to move there.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Most players there don't RP, so don't worry about its' billing.
  4. seneth Active Member

To the OP:
    EQ2 is not dead, those who are bored will say that. All of us get to that point and you should step away when you are in that
    mood. I have toons on several servers and I enjoy each although Guk and Freeport are the ones with most of my toons.
    Pick a server that looks like it has much to offer. Several were mentioned in these posts. Come back to EQ2 and enjoy the game, it has actually gotten better in some respects, others are a work in progress but dead, no way!!
  5. Fictional Reality Active Member

You are all blinded by your inner fanboy/fangirl.

There is no such thing as groups until you are level 90-95.

I encourage anyone to at least try the game but when you are disappointed that there are no groups under level 90 and you will have to solo until you reach that point, don't say I didn't warn you.
  6. Kaiv Member

Don't believe the naysayers... in the last couple months, I've started several new toons and leveled each to about level 30, just to gauge where the early game is these days. In every case, I found groups (yeah, those things people say don't exist) moving through Fallen Gate, Kaladim, Klak'Anon, Ruins of Varsoon.... another group would zone in about every half hour or so. I literally sat at the zone line and monitored the activity there.

Some of them were guild groups; others had a mix of guild tags. In about half the cases, there was a merc or two in the group, but some groups had none.

Dungeon finder doesn't work as well as I'd like--I only found groups about half the time. They were never optimal groups, but we never failed the dungeon that we were dropped in. Sometimes we had to discuss tactics to figure out how we would get to the end without a tank, but we never failed to reach the end and kill the boss. So, yeah, it's broken--but it's not 100% fail.

So take all the negative stuff you read on these forums with a grain of salt. And then head over to the Guild Recruitment section and hear a lot of positive stuff. People are building groups and growing guilds and having fun.
  7. xinge New Member

I box a warden with a defiler merc so ive always two boxed instances and dungeons. I had to stop when i got to velious though as the mobs hit too hard and would burn down my SK merc to quick. Even the out door named guys with thre eup arrows tore me a new one, that kinda ticked me off a bit lol. I was able to two box my necros epic as well. Im more worried about end game once i hit 95 being able to do things like raids and instances.

The cost to gear my BL was nuts at 90-92. Weapons were going for 7k plat and i had no where near the kind of cash sadly.
  8. Fictional Reality Active Member

If you want to do level 95 content... that is all there really is. Finding a guild to do raids and group content at level 95 won't be a problem. The problem lies in content under level 90.
  9. Kaiv Member

I'll take that as a compliment. ;)
    Fictional Reality likes this.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

From a certain point of view, sure.

In the same sense that we all begin the process of dying when we are born. :p
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's really not too bad. The so-called "Advanced Solo" instances in Ethernere have a chance to drop EM raid gear, and you will see people auctioning it at steadily decreasing prices. "Drinal's Steward", the merchant in Obol Plains available after you finish the Ethernere questlines, sells gear that's not much worse than EM raid gear.

Revelations intermittently sells raid gear if we come across something no one in the raid needs, and that includes POW loot, which is nice stuff. I'm sure other guilds also sell stuff, I just don't pay attention so I can't list 'em. Watch the Auction chat channel.

Any gear is vastly improved by investing in good adornments, especially now that adornment dislodgers are available. That allows you to recycle those pricey adorns that take two manas to craft.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I totally disagree. Note that EQ1 is not only still going, it still gets updates and new content. It all depends on how proactive you choose to be to form groups or raids or whatever as to how "dead" it is. On Crushbone, every chat channel has at least 100 players in it (because that's all it counts to). Look at http://progress.eq-raiders.com/ and note the dates of kills and how very many raid guilds are killing this stuff -- there's plenty of action out there.
    Kaiv likes this.
  13. Fictional Reality Active Member

Just because games still have active players doesn't mean much. EverQuest Online Adventures for the Playstation 2 had an active community and those servers still got shut down.

Also, EQ1 is a lot more active than EQ2 by a long shot. Easily three times the number of active players on any given server.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

[IMG]

o_O
    suka and Kaiv like this.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

Some real pessimists on here today.

OP, there are more guilds looking for people than there are people available. Common sense would be for guilds to merge but it's not that simple. As a result, any class you play can get in a raiding guild. Maybe not the top server wide, but you'll be needed somewhere
    Feara likes this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

what server are you on? if you look on the guild board by pressing guild on your eq2 button, you will find that there are ways to set up filters when hunting for a guild. set your filters to show only guilds that meet your criteria and i am sure you will find plenty who will accept you. if you are on butcherblock, i can recommend one or two- but i don't know guilds on other servers,
  17. suka Well-Known Member

don't listen to the trolls, don't feed the trolls, hear no troll, see no troll, etc. the game is far from dead. and there are some here who really love eq2.
    Feara likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

I agree. so this has turned into game flaming again? it seems that anytime there is someone new coming to the game, or someone returning, the nay-sayers come out full force. i agree that they seem to be working against soe - maybe for some other company even. I will say it again, if someone hates this game, why are they here? why bother with a game you don't even like? and why come to our forums and post stuff that is negative? plain and simple- if the game no longer appeals to you, by all means, leave. but don't come here and beat it to death. there are those of us here that love this game, appreciate the efforts of soe, and take offense to people who trash it in our forums- which were set up for those of us tho love the game and who are actively seeking knowledgeable and constructive comments and advice.

Sorry soe, i know you said not to answer them, but sometimes it is impossible to ignore it.
  19. xinge New Member

Im on crushbone atm. I used the guild finder tab but didnt have much luck the last time i used it, about a year ago lol. When i get back ill just focus on my necro, getting it up to 95 then ill start looking i guess. A lot of mixed feed back on this thread.
  20. Piestro Member

As someone who can see the actual numbers, I'm gonna have to disagree. EQ2 is doing very well thanks. :)

Now your game play might be suffering, but that's a different story. If you aren't finding groups you need to consider trying new ways to find groups. Using the same strategy that worked 4 years ago isn't necessarily still viable. You need to be active, constantly meeting new people, and finding ways to start activity. If you do that you'll be successful. If you don't you won't be.

Every MMO rewards those who proactively find, create, and help sustain new social networks. These are social games, and your social skills are every bit as vital as proper DPS rotations.
    Pouncer, ginnekreegoth and Dulcenia like this.