So I had an idea

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Shyftyshadow, Mar 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Shyftyshadow Guest

After hearing about the plans to eliminate players being able to start on the isle I must admit I was a little sad even if I don't usually start my alts there. I have fond memories of my days as a noob there years ago. But not being one to cry over spilled milk, I got to thinking what will become of the isle now?
    So then I got this idea, what if the efforts of our adventuring finally paid off and brought peace to the isle? What if the Far Seas Trading Company took over and decided it would make a great base of operations?
    It would be nice to see the isle reborn as a huge quest hub for all that is tradeskilling. We could assist them in building it up and making things for them. It would be nice to see questlines for pre level 50 as well as higher level quests. I love tradeskill quests because they break up the grind of tradeskilling and help me keep awake!
    Since a lot of the artwork for the zone is already done I would think this is feasible.
    So yeah, that's my idea. Anyone have thoughts to add to this?
  2. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Isn't that basically what Mara is right now? I do like your idea, but it seems to be duplicating what is already in game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shyftyshadow Guest

No, I don't see it as duplicating, more as adding to and on a bigger scale. Also thinking of the lore behind the isle how it started out, got destroyed and re-established as outposts for Qeynos and Freeport.
    The idea is to preserve the isle as someplace to go in game, there would be no combat type quests there as there are in Mara. And it could be an additional tie in to the Mara theme like accessing it by talking to Ingrid or something.
    TBH I could let my imagination go crazy this idea but I restrained myself.
  4. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I would like for them to make it so that you can go back to both island starter zones, like you can the other starter zones.
    I would also like to leave them in as starter zones. I've started more on the islands than the other areas, I like the quests there.