So I had a 15 hour Celestial Overseer quest..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Games'nGhosts, May 23, 2020.

1. Games'nGhosts Active Member

.. requiring 3 agents.

I patiently wait. Completed this morning, I got the bonus chest too!

And my rewards?

1 Greater & 1 Superior fragment.

REALLY? C'mon man. Make the reward worth the time. This is bull.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

Should every lotto ticket produce a huge payout? This is no different. Mostly you lose - occasionally not.
    I am very *not* impressed by the complaint about how much time it took. It took you 30 seconds to a minute.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Zinloz New Member

The point is you're tying up 3 agents for 15 hours plus the 10 hours AFTER the "quest" for them to reset. For nearly worthless rewards.
    AOE1, Lateana, Hartsmith and 4 others like this.
  4. chattie Well-Known Member

I doesnt matter if it took you 5 seconds, the fact is there is a span of 15 hours to complete the quest so if the rewards are going to included 2 hour crap rewards then why offer a 15 hour quest in the first place DuH!. I am so very "not"impressed a such a negative response :D
    Hartsmith and Games'nGhosts like this.
  5. Games'nGhosts Active Member

Exactly my point. You don't run across celestial overseer quests every day & you'd think the time, # of agents and cooldown time would at least make the reward worthy of that. The only thing that would have made it worse is Grolla. LOL!
    Quillyne, AOE1, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  6. dorotea Well-Known Member

But the celestial quests do sometimes produce very good results.

Had the OP been complaining that on average the celestial quests give junk I would have agreed that this was a bad thing. But the complaint was that on one particular quest the random number generator was not friendly. Implicit if not directly stated was that every single quest should give a very good reward.
    Jadefox and Breanna like this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I have two Celestial missions. I've done them twice each and received fragments and essence of chaos both times. The excitement is real.
    I don't think those items should even be in these missions. Needless to say I don't do them anymore.
    Observing and Lateana like this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

A booby prize in each tier of quests is acceptable.
    Running 15h quests every other day and almost always getting a booby from them is... not right.

Even the booby prizes should have tiers in them, a 25% infuser shouldn't be the reward from a 15h quest. (I'm not sure even the 100% infuser would have made it palatable, but would have been better overall).
    Quillyne, Lateana and Hartsmith like this.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The elephant in the room is the bonus reward chance and mishap chance. The number of people getting mishaps with 0% chance, and you can have a whole day of no bonus, even with 65-70% chance of a bonus on multiple missions.
    I firmly believe there is a hidden base value to these chances, and the agents you choose and the merc/familiar you add only adjust that base value (or possibly do nothing at all), rather than give you a whole 65% chance of a bonus.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  10. Aniwiel Member

Remove essence of chaos, planar fragments for all saison 2 overseer chests. Like OP said, there is something very wrong in this company which like to punish players.
  11. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Overseer has only degraded my confidence in the EQ2 team further. In reality, it shouldn't be that hard to fubar, yet here we are 5-6 months after release still bringing up issues with it. Why is it so hard for them to implement systems that are fun? Ever since the infuser system with Thalumbra, each new "system" or game mechanic continues to decrease the fun factor.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

It will take a little effort but it's worth it to check out the rewards from each mission.

Match that up with all of the overseer quests and distribute your efforts to maximize the rewards you want.

From experience, using your more valuable mercs on the longer quests doesn't pay off. I am after rune recipes so my main efforts are spent towards the 3.5 and 5 hour quests because I am not in need of the 165 to 175 equipment that the longer quests offer. Runes are in the base reward for these quests without a bonus chest on the 10 and 15 hour quests.

If you do your homework, you'll see where you are wasting efforts and where efforts can be improved. Happy Hunting!
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

No, no, no, no, no, you've got it all wrong. This is not punishment, this is FUN!!!

Taking away a mechanic you've enjoyed for years, and making it the reward at the end of a signature questline is FUN!! (So much so, that they're doing it for at least one more expac! Yay!!!)

Implementing the Overseer to make up for lack of content, quests, bug fixes, and all the other stuff players only think they want is FUN!!

Tossing out a couple of breadcrumbs after months of ignoring comments and requests to build excitement is FUN (don't worry, we're not done with PvP yet - We're just not working on it, either)!!!

Nobody likes tradeskilling, so we'll just put the useful stuff on vendors and throw out some new consumable recipes, 'cause crafting is boring and playing our way is FUN!

Just remember:
    [IMG]
  14. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah I think they're off the mark with taking away flying, and for some incredible reason actually believing it's what the players want.

It's like they live in a parallel universe. Hearing them talk about the next xpac and bringing this back made my heart sink. I'm now really afraid it's going to suck like BoL did.
  15. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

The fact it has an increased time suggests it takes more "work" to acquire. If it takes more work then the payout should be better, no matter how random the rewards are. Bottom line? This ISN'T a lottery game.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

It IS though. I think of it like scratch offs. You can buy a $1, or $20 scratch off. Still most the tickets lose, the prize is just bigger for the costlier ones.

I have come to accept that this is another time sink. It's no different than the PQ in that regard. There are a couple nice items, but most the time you are getting an infuser. It's not too hard to get 10 quests a day in regardless of the lengths if you have a few alts with agents able to run them. If you don't, a viable strategy can be to just run more of the shorter quests. Theoretically the way to win a RNG contest is with more attempts.
  17. dorotea Well-Known Member

I note that one need not pick and choose between missions if one has enough character slots. Especially if one has some of the BoL boxes of agents. Every character can have every agent from every box you can /claim. So even if you aren't an altoholic you can have "overseer toons" that do nothing but sit near a bank and broker and are logged on twice a day to get missions and cash missions in.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

There is no guarantee of a good hand / or outstanding return in any gambling game no matter what your wager is. In this game, your wager is time & available agents.

Welcome to the world of gambling. The House always has the edge.

I like the Overseer quite a bit. It is just a bit of meaningless fun added to the game.
    Breanna and Evguenil62 like this.
  19. Avithax Well-Known Member

Add a brokerable 1 time quest to the marketplace that is guaranteed to reward players with a random infuser that ignores infusion caps. Pay to Win will go nuts and get destroyed by RnG. DarkPaw will make a ton of profit and if they play it right and put a ton up on the broker, they can dramatically reduce the amount of plat in circulation. These can also be given out free as part of the monthly sub rewards along with the 500DBC or in lieu of it.

After a month or two, just raise the resolve req's for a new and powerful contested epic and all of the gear they infused will be worthless.

Rinse/Repeat...... Just a thought.
  20. Kristabella Well-Known Member

This is nothing like a "lottery" game. In a lottery game, the more you spend on a ticket, the higher the rewards will be. This overseer game is in tiers, and the rewards should be as well.

Please tell me why crafting is tied to the overseers? Why is there no crafting quests like there have always been, where the crafting books drop. What do these overseers have to do with tradeskilling and adorning? Is it because you are holding tradeskillers hostage to the overseers to get their recipe books and adorning books, because they can't get them any other way other than, other than, once again thru the overseer... with the 250 needed converted agents per book? The 4 recipe books 17-20, should be dropped from either the harvesting quests, or from tradeskill quests you neglected to put in. You need to get more mercs, and pay for the Hire them anywhere feature, then get more familiars, then do more quests daily, to get a bigger chance your recipes "might" drop and "might" be for your tradeskill, so you won't have to spend millions for them on the broker, or in auction wars. I suspect if you took out all the recipes for adorning and crafting, no one would play this feature.

I get better rewards in the Yellow tiers than I do the Purple and Green tiers. That ain't right. Also, I can have 35% in yellow and get a bonus crate, and have 65% in Purple or Green and get junk and no bonus crate... it ain't right. Fix it or get rid of it.
    girney and Navarre like this.