So I am a 24th Inq Healer who sucks.

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Wyvernclaw, May 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Wyvernclaw Guest

The Tittle says it all.

I am a new player who plays a Inq in a large group(6) but I have a hard time keeping anyone alive. I have loads of attacks 1 preheal buff of some sort and a few weak slow heals.

My AA's are all more damage and heals because there isnt anything else to pick! Well at least not that I can figure out.

Granted I have not upgraded any spells(still trying to figure all that out) but my gear is semi-good quest stuff at least. The Warden who from time to time plays with us does a MUCH better job of keeping the tank up.

Whats the deal here? Is INQ just really weak at lower levels healing wise? I was trying to play it like a EQ1 Cleric or wow priest type healer but maybe that doesn't work?
  2. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Try out Mastercrafted gear (not just armor but baubles, jewelry, weapons), at your current lvl it might help out. Getting your spells all upgraded can help out a lot too. Some classes at lower levels aren't great at their primary job as they are later on, you won't have all the cool Inqy toys at lvl 24 since that's about 4 lvl's from the old level lock pre Kingdom of Sky.
  3. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Yes, Inq's and Temps are a bit weak in the heal department early on. that's thanks to the heal nerf they received awhile back, and the nerf to AA lvl caps.
    For all intents and purposes, I can heal my pally mercenary enough to keep him alive at 32. And that's running RoV and Kaladim. But, farming/buying Reactants helps ALOT if you plan to play slow and level lock to cap your AA's.
    Once you hit 50/60 and unlock the Shadows AA's you'll see a big marked improvement.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

You need to know that your class defining heals are called 'reactives'. That means you need to have them on the tank BEFORE they get hit. So you precast before the pull - deaggro if s/he's body pulling and keep up the reactive in rotation.
    If you are having trouble keeping people alive in a group of six, stick with just healing - don't do much damage. I think at your level you have the group reactive too. So your casting would go like this: single target reactive on the tank, group reactive...rinse/repeat.
    Fill in with direct heals to top people off, but at your level this is where you are learning to avoid damage if you aren't the tank. Anyone taking a ton of damage that isn't the tank needs to learn to deaggro and/or move out of the way or stand back.
    Do damage in between heals, but never delay a heal to damage - till you get the hang of it and know when/if you can.
    Read all your spells, and learn which ones the reactives are - cause I have never played and inquis and don't know the names. Those are your main heals. One cast will have several 'hits' of the heal..meaning you put your reactive on the tank, s/he pulls and gets hit up to 5 times - one heal's taken care of it.
    Also, your reactives depend on your tank. If you have..say...a monk or bruiser tank, their specialty is 'avoiding' hits. So they take damage, you put your reactive on them...and they never take damage again till after the spell wears off, then they die.
    It takes a little bit to get used to all the different situations, but that's what leveling is all about if you are new to the game. GL with the class - when you know how to play it you will be a very powerful cleric!
    P.S. When deciding what to upgrade as far as your spells are concerned, it's in this order: Single target reactive, Group Reactive, Single target direct heal, group direct heal, Health buffs, Group Damage buff, Group Stat Buff...All other damages (last). If you don't have much gold - get your single target and group reactives upgraded as well as you can first.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Wyvernclaw wrote:
    Well, here's your problem. For group's situations, apprentice are just not enough. You should get Adept/Expert at least for your main healing spells (as an inq, most of your attack spells don't matter while leveling 'cause you have better CA through AAs) If you're short on money, buffs and debuff aren't that critical at lower level but healing ~46% more will do wonders for your group :)