So how long did it take you to get 95?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Regolas, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

I didn't go to CoE. I grinded in skyshrine. 5-7000 xp per kill with 1-1.2 million to fill for each level.

Now the exploring of CoE starts. I stand more chance getting PUGs as a L95 woth 15 more prestige points.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Cause you´re 95, didn´t lock you out to explore all the area´s ;)
    But as above mentioned, its important for raid being 95 :cool:
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I got to 95 on my raiding main toon, then logged in my jeweler alt to get him to 95. I'm now doing all of the CoE questlines and I'm clearing through the "revamped Feerrott" without having to have a merc tag along behind me. While I'm out adventuring, I'm also farming for crafting books, because I have at least 21 "grandmaster 93-95" books to get for my 7 tradeskillers...and I'm not paying between 5p to 300p per book.

Also, this "revamped Feerrott" is MUCH easier to get around compared to when I was between level 40-50. Hop on flying mount and off I go, bypassing all the trash mobs that are lurking. If you're so hardcore on not wanting to miss all the amazing areas, then stay off your mount and have fun killing every mob that aggros you as you travel to the east on the map.
  4. Natsume Member

I meant as in the people who stay in one place and rush all the way to 95 without exploring anything or doing any quests. If you went to level in CoE area's then your good XD
  5. Gideon Member

your not missing anything, you still need to go back and do the quests to open up the zones.
  6. gaeca Member

Up to the individual how to play the game so ive got no issue with how people level up,just wish it was like the old days of 10 levels an expansion it kept people going for a little longer.
  7. Hachi Member

My only problem with the speed of leveling is that it only exacerbates the top heavy nature of EQ2. For any mature MMO that's going to happen, but making it super easy to progress (presumably so that new players can reach the older players more quickly) just makes it happen more quickly.

Then again, I don't think that adjusting leveling speed will fix that problem. What we'd really need is a good reason for higher level players to mentor down and play something other than endgame content other than to power level people. The lower level content, and especially old world zones have distressingly untapped potential.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

I figure people will get their group/raid alts to 95, but a lot of people also have other characters that they take their time with. Again, you can't force people to stop and smell the roses.

What I do hope is when word gets out that you CAN level from 92-95 in 4 hours by grinding that they'll risk going to a slower zone. :)
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Raid main was 95 in a little under 2 hours.

Cold doing quests got 8% in 45 minutes.
  10. Pakhet Member

Yeah the ones I have 95 already are raid mains, you have to be 95 to raid... so can't really take my time and go slowly and take a week. :)

Other toons, eh, they will level as they can get played.
  11. slippery Well-Known Member

You mean like the zones they decided to put behind an access quest an we couldn't level in?
    Kahonen, Atan and Kwikdeath like this.
  12. Kwikdeath Active Member

All the people that rush to 95 will still have to do the Sig Quest to get access anyhow (or have a person in their group do it). I only had a couple hours last night so I ran through most of the sig quest versus just grinding it out because I figured I would end up doing it anyhow and I mind as well get some xp for all the running around and doing these pointless quests to get access.

Whatever I have tonight when I finish the sig line will be that much less I need to grind out in Skyshrine or wherever.
  13. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Reading these accounts of uber-fast leveling is confirming my decision to stop playing.
  14. Kahonen Active Member

I don't understand why it bothers you how long someone else takes to level. Some people are in this for the raids and new zones have level access limits.

Maybe they should go slower to keep you happy?
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

We leveled our entire raidforce together. Formed the raid of 24 level 92 players, and roughly 90 mins later we had 24 level 95 players.

We then went to the new raid zones and one-pulled new nameds we had no strats for and no one bothered to check out in beta. In fact we got one flawless on first pull.

The leveling experience was perfect, and I thank SoE for it, the new raid content feels like its missing buff packages, but we only did EM so far, its just _very_ easy, like significantly easier than the previous ST raid zone. We only attempted temple of the faceless, so maybe thats just the easiest of the easy.

Over the next week I'll find time to run the quest lines on one of my toons just to say I did them.
  16. Guiscard Active Member

I am still doing the mind numbing AA respec brought by lack of design by development.
  17. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I don't know about that other person, but in my case, I couldn't care less how long it takes other people to level. I'm disgusted by these reports, because I don't want to level that quickly.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Then don't. The entire Chains of Eternity expansion, including all 8 dungeons, and the entire Signature quest, can all be experienced SOLO.
    Kahonen likes this.
  19. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I'm not even playing any more, because there isn't a single thing about the CoE expansion that interests me. So, yes, you can say I'm not affected & ought to shut up & quit posting, & I won't argue. After all, I'm just one more person who quit logging in.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

I guess I could ask what kind of content you are looking for that SOE is no longer delivering?