So how is Luclin back together?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Cusashorn, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Well this is the newest development about this moon , the post began because somebody was wondering why Luclin was whole again , and now we get to find out more about it .
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Well, it's also a tad confusing that there are societies there, outposts, and a major city. Now, I thought that the Duality said it was reformed through Chronomancy, aka rewinding time?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah I made this thread before I completed the Tears of Veeshan content, so i got to see the Tear of Veeshan being used to amplify Jorlak's chronomancy powers to restore the moon back in time.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Heavy chronomancy was involved.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you found the story in game.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't realize I had necro-posted the thread, but hey, always good to add info to a relevant thread in case some people search for it. I was kinda in the same place as you a couple years back (left after Cobalt Scar and came back while the game was on Kunark Ascending).

And welcome back, Cusahorn, I hadn't check the name of the poster, glad to see you back. You talked a lot about lore with my husband back in the day (Llogwey). he stopped playing altogether but I remember you.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's so nice to see that people are not just dust in the wind , but that they are remembered.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just going by what I see of Luclin outside the cities, on the surface of Norrath, it doesn't look all that "whole" to me; it looks like it's still leaking material through the barely patched (with spit, duct tape, and crossed fingers) cracks all over the place, and if the shissar stop holding hands, it's gonna fall apart again. :-/

Uwk
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The art assets of the destroyed moon haven't changed. I'm kinda glad that they didn't touch that.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It looks like it did sort of get back together kinda; the cracks aren't as wide, and there's less material oozing out at both ends than there was. ;->

Still looks like it's not really "together," much, other than very fragile-y. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Luclin's rotation makes it look like it's more "back together" at certain points than others. It hasn't changed since launch.