So...Heartbound...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Solo, in GH, dorking around with a training dummy!

Not shown: just under 200k AMOD.
    DoomDrake and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the supporting evidence that stats like the ones I had posted are easily attainable and with it indirectly confirming that we are op enough without the silly heartbound buff.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Deago Well-Known Member

Like large quantities of chocolate! :D
    Faelfreeblood likes this.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

More like used the 90% boost to potency charm and waited for relic hammer to proc and took a screenshot.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

We have a winner. And it's the meta charm - 100% POT boost.

In normal raid combat with everything running (not the charm clickie) it's somewhere around 9-11k, depending on which temps are clicked.

And yes, hammer proc is only up for 6 out of roughly every 40 seconds.

None of that detracts from the argument that a free 30 fervor for everyone is bad for long term game balance.

Oh, and that wasn't wearing my Resolve set - swapping that in drops my stats substantially.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My raid character has zero fervor when she is on her own. She doesn't have great gear but manages fine in a raid anyway. So adding 15% fervor while raiding with my heartbound husband is a nice little perk for 43 years of RL marriage.
    Meneltel, Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except that there's nothing about heartbound that has anything to do with real life marriage... You could get the same perk for heartbounding to a total stranger for the raid...
    Torvaldr, Xillean and -Soteria- like this.
  8. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

You could probably make it so you had to present a real marriage certificate to heartbound, and we would still find a way. :p
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Don't you think I deserve something extra for 43 years LOL
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Xillean Well-Known Member

-Shifty eyes while speaking to a random dev- What do you mean you cant take marriage certificates made from MS Paint? its totally legit I tell you!!!
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

*chuckle* Not saying you don't. Just saying that heartbound isn't it ;)
    -Soteria- likes this.
  12. RedBB Active Member

See this is why we can't have nice things... sploiting ms paint like that ROFL
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Faelfreeblood Active Member

That is bad rp, a marriage of convenience, think of the children! The denizens of north are not popular celebrities or on a soap, there is no Stefano hiding in the bushes.You would have to introduce child support checks and broken homes! Such gritty realism I could do without! You would have to start listing welfare as a profession! Where are the grand master spells for that? I'll tell you, in the gutter! :)
    RedBB and Prissetta like this.
  14. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

well. HAVE you seen a gnoll before?
    Xillean and Prissetta like this.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

My mistake, I thought the information posted was someone not grouped, sitting idle, not fully grouped / buffed / etc.
    Looking at your Eq2u link, I saw this:

[IMG]

So you're OK with all the other gains rewarded by grouping, but not the 30 fervor?
    Raff likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

30 fervor has nothing to do with grouping though... you get the fervor boost if your heartbound is online. They don't have to be in the same zone. They don't even have to be grouped
    Neiloch likes this.
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

All you need is a gold account some where online on the same server. That's why its so advantageous to just have a subbed second account clicking the item, rekindling the buff with both characters getting 30 fervor, every 30 minutes.
    Mermut likes this.
  18. Estal Well-Known Member

Some of them are op as well, but at least they require others to be present in the zone and participate in combat making them the lesser evil compared to heartbound where you get the most benefit from parking someone on a spare acc in guild hall.

But of course none of it addresses the underlying issues (limitations of the stats system and chars being too easy to cap on almost everything).
    Zeddicious and Mermut like this.
  19. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Because no one should be permitted to have something YOU don't think they need.
  20. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

There's a distinct possibility that I'm terribad at this game, but in all seriousness, while running GU100 zones, I certainly don't feel a "seat of the pants" difference in 30 fervor. The mobs take just as long to kill (sometimes longer!) in regards to elapsed time, as it did prior to GU100. If we didn't have ACT running, would most people even notice the fervor? Heck, I notice the resolve differences immediately when we have someone tryin to run the heroic zek overland stuff in MC gear. I haven't run any of the TOT stuff with the new gear yet, maybe it will become more apparent there.