So...Heartbound...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lea Plath, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I believe you may have taken my reply to another post out of context. As I'd stated earlier in thread, I am a proponent of having the Group all partner up--it is 6 people--and make sure we all have the HB buff.

Why any tank would want to run w/o HB Buff in groups is beyond me. But, then, there are still those players that decide to wear crap food or run w/o adorns in Heroics. Never understood that. Even if it's not the highest level, use something in that slot.
  2. Estal Well-Known Member

Apologies, I had mistaken your posts as one from the "don't like it don't use it brigade".
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Kander Developer

Just an update. The heartbound buff on TLE was meant to be future proof and use stat conversion. So we will be fixing that, which will greatly lower the current amount of potency it is granting. The 30 potency is actually not intended and after the fix it will be significantly lower, and then grow with each expansion.
  4. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

keep the live servers as is.. and thanks.......
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

That certainly is good news, honestly I'm surprised this even saw the light of day. A 30% potency buff just didn't square with the server-wide reduction in mitigation and healing on TLE.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

Granted i dont play TLE , but doesnt 30% fervor make a bigger difference than 30% potency?
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

Yes, it does (since Fervor is applied after all other damage increases), but it doesn't exist on TLE, so Potency is the closest equivalent in terms of what it could offer. They just clearly didn't think this through, and like Onra pointed out days ago, it's equivalent to giving players 7-10 extra pieces of gear for clicking a house item.

I understand the motivation for them doing this, but it clearly had no place here. Personally I don't think it should exist at all, but if they insist on going this route (rather than offering something like a 10% XP buff) then it really needs to be nerfed to oblivion. Like 1% base buff, and an extra 1% rekindled, so 2% maximum. And it should stay that way at least through DoV.
    Mermut and -Soteria- like this.
  8. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I mean... Ideally live isn't the place to test new mechanics either. It makes for a somewhat turbulent and... dare I say frustrating gameplay experience.

I know balance issues are in many ways worse on TLE than they are on live, but let me tell you, they're bad and sprinting toward worse on live as well, in large part thanks to fervor.
    Torvaldr likes this.
  9. Ummmyeh Active Member

LOL, what rule did I break that my post was removed?
  10. Anaogi Well-Known Member

An interesting idea, gone horribly wrong.

Put Heartbound out of its misery already, please.
    DoomDrake, Xillean and Finora like this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

I suspect HB is a lot more popular than what the forums would have someone suspect. I like it, personally

Perhaps a Gamewide Poll would put this to bed?
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Of course it's popular and people use it. Remember those gray void shards I mentioned earlier? I became really hard to get actual groups to do those zones because so many people just ran gray shard runs because it was easier than actually grouping and doing them how they were supposed to be done. People really liked being able to do that and many got very angry when it was removed.

Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's a good feature or good for the game.
    Jaden, Pixilicious, Lucus and 3 others like this.
  13. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

I feel the same way and I'm not an RPer either. My heartbound doesn't play this game. So now I'm not going to have a heartbound buff. I'm going to have a harder time getting in the occasional group, as if that wasn't hard enough as it is.

I feel like I'm being penalized, or at the very very least, marginalized for the way I play. It's not enough that the best gear is content gated, and I've lived with that. If I don't sub but pay for the game with DBC I'm penalized by content and skill gating. Okay, so I'm subbed but now that's not good enough, I need to play with another subbed account, and I'm penalized.

I feel like the message is that they only want a certain kind of player to pay for and enjoy the game. I'm sure they would love for the rest of us to just pay, but I feel the value dwindling a bit.
  14. RedBB Active Member

You really aren't missing much torv. I have the buff and I never refresh it and the wife has been focusing on her alts so not even getting the base 15%. Don't miss it that much. Just makes things look pretty on the number cruncher when it's active.

There is nothing in game that makes it a MUST have aside from raiding maybe. I've become very accustomed to having something awesome put in just to have it yanked away shortly after. Proc system overhaul and stun poisons circa DoF comes to mind.

DBG treat it like a band-aid. If ya didn't mean for it to have this kind of effect take it out quickly before we become too attached.
  15. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Seriously, this...this is insulting. Reducing a symbol of a deep relationship to a must-have buff and a transparent cash grab?

I'd say I can't find the words to describe my attitude towards this, but I can, they're just outside the TOS of these forums.
    Lea Plath likes this.
  16. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Goodbye to romance.
    Deago likes this.
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

It may not be gear gained directly from raiding - but there's some that you're wearing that is clearly raid quality. How else do you explain 135 resolve and 54 fervor? Couple of relics? Fervor clickie? The "better" solo rewards from mission crates? Key chest rewards? Collection rewards? It's too bad this alt's gear is hidden on Eq2u, I'd like to see how its decked out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your alt conj is clearly geared better than most, if not (all) 90 percent of the pug's you'll find in LFG. Also, even if you didn't use the 30 fervor heartbound, an unskilled tank would still have issues holding aggro just based on the other stats. I've been in groups where individuals were pushing 300m dps all by themselves, and the tank held aggro just fine without heartbound.
  18. Estal Well-Known Member

Not hidden, different acc:) http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301376637516

But most importantly, the screenshot was taken in combat, not standing around afk in guildhall.
    Zeddicious and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

those stats don't necessarily have to be raid-quality anymore. my husband's alts can reach that easily with the new gear from Zek. his defiler has a static potency of 6k and ab mod of about 140k just standing around and he has no raid gear.
  20. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Heh, I only have about 4k potency standing around, and I have almost exclusively raid gear.