So finally back... or new mostly

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Onaran, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Onaran New Member

Heya everyone!.

When EQ2 launched, I played for just a couple months (I blame WoW). So i could only lvl an illusionist and a paladin to around 30ish.

Now I'm really in the mood of giving this game another try but I'm completly lost so I'd like to ask a few questions in the hope of not starting 100% clueless.

1- I've seen you get a char boost if you buy the last expansion or if you pay coins. Should i do it? or just play the game from 0 and experience all of it?

2- I guess I'll mostly be playing alone for now, untill I find a guild or ppl to play with. So I'm not sure what class should i play.
    I'm experienced with all roles as I've been a mmo player for soooo many years. But reading a bit about descriptions and player opinions ... I think I'd like to roll either a Necro in the dps role, or any healer who is capable of soloing and grouping (not looking for raids atm, so I wouldnt choose based on raids).

What healer would you guys recomend?

Can Necro find groups if i decide to go the full dps route instead?

Thanks in advance for your answers.:)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Necros can for sure. A good solo healer would be fury snd warden, as they do the *most* dps of healers and have HoTs and heal procs.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

healer --> shaman

necro are in a good spot, so are conjurers

better boost a DPS to lvl 100 a go from there, but maybe also level another toon just to get the feeling. getting a toon to lvl 100 when u aren't used to the game may be a bit overwhelming
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

not anymore, furies dps did go down and shamans do great dps .. trully
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Up until level 100 druids are the best... Shamans are only really good once in endgame. I'd recommend boosting the necro and playing through with a warden.
  6. Onaran New Member

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I think ill start leveling a Warden from scratch and save the char boost for a few weeks and see how things go.
  7. Gaelmyst New Member

Welcome back!

Just a little heads-up: If you are planning to do any of the Kunark Ascension / Epic 2.0 stuff, rolling a new lvl 95/100 will have to do a LOT of old content. Personally, I prefer to run and experience it from the beginning. Hope you enjoy the Warden. I have to admit to being partial to Druids, myself. :)