So Did Kaladim get double exp today?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kittik, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

Everyone was talking about it last night and since I'm stuck at work, I thought I'd ask here.

Did Kaladim get screwed over again, or did we actually get a bonus the live servers get for once?
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Well it would have only started 6 minutes ago so you probably asked a little early and live servers didn't get double XP.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Freddie_Mercury Member

We are only getting 70% xp, not 100%... 70% does not = double...

Can we get a fix to this please?
  4. Nuhvohk Active Member

I wish I had screencapped the last time the devs explained how this is actually double XP so I could just easily drop it in response to posts like this
    Breanna likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

70% is double your current exp rate. I will try to find the older post where it was explained.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I agree that live servers aren't getting extra. Thats the only place I game.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Freddie_Mercury Member

so you are saying that normally, on Kaladim, we are earning -30% and it should say -30% in red on the XP bar, but it was programmed not to say negative values.. and 100% bonus puts us into green 70%?

That sound about right? As i would understand it?
  8. Plauj New Member

I’m cancelling my sub over this. It’s not about whether or not there was bonus exp, it’s about whether or not DBG is trustworthy enough in terms of delivering on what was advertised.

heres some actual math.

100 live exp = 100 tle exp
    -30% throttle penalty for tle
    leaves 70 tle exp
    add +70% bonus
    119 tle exp.

there you go, it’s actually a 19% bonus. They meant they were doubling the exp you get AFTER all the throttles and penalties are applied, not doubling the actual exp. Basically we fell for a Black Friday ad where the retailer marked up the price up only so they could claim to be giving us a deal when they then made it slightly cheaper than before.

Again, it’s not about getting X bonus or Y%. It’s about saying you’re going to do something, then intentionally delivering less than that, knowing what you were going to do the whole time. I don’t trust people like that with my credit card info, as a general rule.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

So basically Kaladim has a net positive amount of xp gained overall. So yes, you're earning +70% off the original amount, so +70% would be double what they currently have the "base experience modifier" at. If mob gives 100 xp, kaladim says +70% ,meaning you now get 170 xp. Well since "double" xp only multiplies the "base" by 100%, you're now earning double what the game thinks is the base xp multiplier. Which is 70%.

This was a debatable question during FG which revolved around us doing the actual math and discovering that a xp pot was only increasing xp by 37%, instead of the advertised 100% in theory that it says it does.

We came to this conclusion by taking xp gained without pot, and xp gained with and finding the % difference. Seems easy right?

Well we then told Caith that his pots were giving the wrong values and that it's predatory to customers to tell them they're getting a certain xp bonus yet it's not actually that bonus in actual math terms.

This was also when he argued that double xp was never double xp (meaning that the added xp came after all multipliers) but that it was always just a 100% or 200% application to the initial. I then pulled up old forum posts explaining how xp worked from a dev, proving myself and others correct; then he didn't reply and banned quite a few of us from discord over the conversation.

To be honest it's all shrouded in mystery and you just kinda have to go cool I have an xp bonus, good thing leveling is a joke and takes four hours 1-70 without dbl xp.

The forum post is around somewhere, but it's just more echoing of the same statements of arguing that we are wrong, he is correct, someone pulling up a thread. Then nothing happening.
  10. Fannoncodder Member

If you take the math from above and add a 500 DBC ($5 USD) 100% experience potion, it results in Kaladim getting 238 exp for the next two weeks, where as "double" on any other server would result in 400 exp.

End result: I guess you'll just need to buy more potions.

I've been playing on this server for about 3 months and never saw anything stated anywhere about how I was incurring a 30% penalty. It's also funny because no one on the server had anything to say in the days leading up to it; nobody was like "okay guys, dont be surprised" and I missed the part where DBG said anything like "okay guys, dont be surprised, here's how it works and why."

If DBC was interested in providing an honest product, everyone's exp bar would clearly say that we were accruing exp at a rate of -30%, so there would be no surprises when "double" magically turned in to 70%. It's just about getting gullible customers to buy more DBC so we can buy more potions, and I say that without spite or malice; their business is getting us to spend more money. Keeping your customers happy is only a customer service goal when you can show that a happy customer spends more money.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Kittik Well-Known Member

K, I didn't say they did. I just asked if we (Kaladim, the redheaded stepchild of EQ2) got what live servers get for once.
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I was more replying to the entire discussion. I think live servers should get extra xp when the other servers get extra xp.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Somedude Active Member

Except it doesn't really work that way.

Experience Mod and Server Bonus are different parts of the overall experience calculation and are not cumulative.
  16. Somedude Active Member

I'd post an explanation, but it was done on discord and there is no way for me to pull it back up.

Discord as a primary communication tool leaves alot to be desired.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This gets explained over on the EQ forums alot.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Standard servers always get extra XP. Base xp is higher, bonuses from level capped characters, veteran rewards containing xp pots and vitality restores. Standard server just got a new expansion, Kaladim gets nothing except a one time xp bump. So no, I do not agree.