So according to EQ Lore, we should never be able to learn Fleshless Tongue

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Wurm, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly it is supposed to cause madness by just hearing it. So unless they really change the Akhevan lore, we should not be able to learn it.
  2. Innania Member

There was a quest to learn the Akhevan language in the EQ1 expansion before last. You had to learn it in the Plane of Shadow in order to get any of the quests from the AKhevans there.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

And how did they justify the other races learning it without going insane?
  4. Innania Member

Perhaps because they were called into the Plane of Shadow by Luclin herself so she could test them?
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

then shouldn't we all be insane then from them constantly talking in it to us? I imagine that the 'fleshless tongue' might make us insane learning it..or understanding it. hence why we might not eve be able to learn it.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

I've never herd that Fleshless Tongue drives people insane. I'm sure I've herd it in EQ1 the many times the Ahkeva curse me while battling. We're also herd it a lot in EQ2 in the same conditions. Then again, adventurers aren't exactly the sane type.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

I've seen this somewhere else but my google-fu is weak today so I'm going to post this link instead.

http://www.writeups.org/fiche.php?id=5604
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

There are large sections of that article I'd call into question. The mention of Greig's madness is different than the EQ1/our source, in which Luclin herself sent visions that drove him mad. Visions that eventually became "real" and resulted in the monsters in Greig's End.

If you look at all the stories of different groups going to Luclin you'll find a lot of lucky breaks that got them to Luclin...and left those groups with no way back to Norrath. The Vah Shir were blown into the sky by the same explosion that created the Hole...and then carried by the Wind Spirits to Luclin. Why the moon instead of somewhere on Norrath? Probably for the same reason Shar Vhal survived the explosion in the first place, Luclin's planning. How did Greig get teleportation to work to Luclin? The goddess let him. And the goddess took it away after the Combine moved to her moon, and prevented Greig from circumventing her control. I'm sure Luclin probably had a great deal to do with why the Shissar choose to teleport to Luclin instead of traveling to another plane.

There isn't any evidence of the Akheva fighting anyone. They were so xenophobic they didn't want anything to do with the outsiders. While they fiercely protect their own territory, the strategy seemed to be for the Akheva to avoid the impure. The civil war was fought over the idea of communicating with the outsiders just to find out what was going on.
    Innania likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.