Snare secrets?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ElendenAV, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

Anyone have any tips for using snare?

I've never gotten it to work from what I could tell. Is there a certain level that it begins to work, such as Adept?
  2. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

I have Ensnare App II and it works. Make sure to be looking for the icon under your "maintained spells" section. Also the animation is a dark grin inky cloud spreading at the mob you've snared. The difference isn't huge, but if you have pathfinding and they're ensnared bow kiting is very comfortable. And anyone that says you CAN'T bow kite until you get some specials is Wrong. (My bowshots land for 26 - 65, then I run in and cheapshot for the Backshot when I can(which hits for 50 - 104 with gregors crappy bow;D ))
  3. ARCHIVED-NightFalcon Guest

hey I have that bow, it is nicer then most
  4. ARCHIVED-jcrazy Guest

I've found that ensare (App2+) is good for using right before you need to break an encounter. It will give you just enough time to gain distance on a mob, hopefully that coupled with pathfinding (which engages only when the encounter breaks) I can outrun any mob to safety.

I used it alot when pulling Giants in Thundering Steppes, it allows myself or the tank to get outside the giant's huge melee range and be able to run back to the group without wasting HP's on the run to the group.