Smuggler's Cove Retreat on Skyfire

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Zindi, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Zindi Member

So this took me about 3 weeks. I don't have all the items I wanted because I just returned to the game. But, decoration has been my passion and I'm glad I finally broke down and did it again!

Please if you come to Skyfire and visit the Massive Homes where the "Smuggler's Cove Island Resort" is listed. Or you can find it under the name of "Nuyan".

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I hope you come and visit and "like" us!!!
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

What a lovely house. I particularly liked the seahorse on the welcome sign - what a nice touch - and the carvery and the fish tank - all smashing. I think you've done a really good job in sectioning and utilising the space and I can't believe it only took you three weeks, that'd be at least 3 months' work for me!
  3. Zindi Member

Febrith -- thank you for visiting and commenting! Yes, I lost a lot of sleep during those weeks. :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Goldinrae Active Member

Stopped by tonight and really enjoyed looking around. I especially liked your docks area, the bar in particular was cool. Then I forgot I was on a low level house-visiting toon and feel out of your penthouse window and died, What a visit! heheh. (Still liked it tho :) )
    Zindi and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

I really like your place and how you managed to incorporate your special touch to the buildings. The fish tank among many other creative ideas caught my eye.
    Well done!
    Zindi and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

To imbed screenshots here:

1. Get to your favorite flavor of 3rd-party photo hosting sites (Facebook?), because you can't upload pictures straight to here from your hard drive. Been there, didn't do that successfully. :-/

2. Find one of the screenshots you've placed in your hosting site (from your Facebook Album, in this case).

3. Right-click on it. You'll likely get a menu of choices, among them "View Image" (without the quotes). Click on that.

4. You'll get a separate webpage with just your image and a URL above. That tells the computer exactly where you are; the one at the top of this is: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/smugglers-cove-retreat-on-skyfire.567887/ (don't click it, you'll just wind up back here again ;->).

5. Highlight and copy (Ctrl-C) that URL you see for your image (somewhere in there, it'll have the file name you gave the original image, or maybe the title you gave it for the Album).

6. Come back here, open a post.

7. Do whatever text, etc. you want 'til you get to the insert spot for the image. Click on the tiny little icon (seriously, it's really small; the main way to find it is by its position) of a tree in a simple landscape up at the top. It's just to the right of the hyperlink insert chain and de-link broken chain. That's the "Insert/edit image" button. Click on that.

8. You'll get a pop-up window titled Insert Image, with a window for the image URL and two buttons: Insert and Cancel. If you've clicked on the wrong thing, that's probably the only reason to use the Cancel button (or if you've gotten the wrong thing to Paste [Ctrl+V] in there; been there, done that). Paste the URL info in there and hit Insert.

9. Ta-da! Picture inserted, just like in Word. Well, okay, it's a little clugier than Word, but you can work around it. ;->

Uwk
    Zindi likes this.
  7. Zindi Member

Thank you so much! I will give it a try!
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! :)

Uwk
  9. Zindi Member

Wow! I just saw your website! You're a true decorator! I need to go through your creations. So much fun!
  10. Zindi Member

Haha! That's crazy! We thought of blocking those windows but none of the materials would leave a decent view. Sorry about your toon's death. :(
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er? Sorry, da kitteh brain isn't working well yet; who were you referring to? :-/

Uwk
    who actually doesn't have a website, just some stuff on DeviantArt.com...

P.S. When in doubt about how to do quotes here, just hit the "Reply" link/button on the far right corner of each post (right next to the "Like" link/button). If you want to quote more than one post like I did above (I know, I know; "show-off"), it's really simple HTML: [q.u.o.t.e.] without the periods; it's the only way I know of to literally spell it out [/q.u.o.t.e.] and that should set off whatever text's between them:

Zindi likes this.
  12. Zindi Member

Uwkete, thank you again for the tips! As you see I have learned to host my screenshots on Facebook and embed them here. It was tricky. I had to choose "full screen", right click and choose "property".

So, regarding quotes, I can't seem to get that to work. I clicked "reply" for this post. And your comments were not quoted. I wonder if this may have something to do with the horrible I.E.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oog, probably. :-/

I haven't used IE in eons; I've been on Firefox, and Da Spousal Unit uses Google Chrome. :-/

The only real issue with Firefox is that when you want to Edit a post here (which I frequently do :oops:), you have to right-click on the link/button and select something like "Open up a new window or tab or whatever" to see it. :-/

Uwk