Smart! FG is a huge success!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Naneeje, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Krycek New Member

I'm one of those EQ2 noob's and we appreciate all the help when can get from the chat channels. The zone hopping to get quests in your level range reminds me a lot of vanilla WoW. I planned on just making one character and grinding to 50 but I just keep making alts haha. My only complaint is seeing ppl with the cash mounts. Was expecting to see xp pot's available, or vitality w/e that is, but not mounts with stat's. Still having fun here though and haven't even gotten to 10 yet.
    Xephane likes this.
  2. Tupperbeast Active Member

For people who are new to eq2 this may be a great or good thing, for me like for example the 13 years play the game rather no. But here the question must also be asked at Daybreak you always say your team is too small and you have little money at your disposal. Why do you create a new server again, although there are still so many errors in the current server, whether it is a us or Eu server or Tle, but it is quite clear in the room if you have the Daybreak Eq2 Team even still plan what you actually produce.

I can only shake my head and have to say that I do not want to finance these things, not only the work that some Devs perform is dissatisfied or even insufficient.
    Daybreak EQ2 is like the new platform x299 from Intel a shot in furnace as it slowly evolves, sorry to have to express the times.
    Livx and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. mcurley817 New Member

I just started on this server after about 9 years off because of nostalgia.
    Xephane and Siren like this.
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

I see it from a different point of view:

You bled 5 servers dry and achieved having a new one with a Medium population within 24hrs of startup - that doesn`t sound like a huge success to me.
    There will be some players quitting since they won`t like it, some of those feeling left behind on empty servers who didn`t tag along will quit as well - you got some old players returning due to nostalgia - alright - but when you were away from this game for so long it will be boring pretty quick.

I might be wrong - but this seems to be a last quench of coin from a quite small community - or do you think there is a higher reason why marketplace is available on FG right from the start?
  5. Vunder Well-Known Member

It started off awesome.

Now not so much....leveling is way to slow and people are giving up and leaving.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

How much faster do you want it? I have about 12-13 hours play time in and already level 21. Several people in my guild are already 25+. IF you want it faster than that, maybe the TLE style server isn't for you.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

This was always going to be a thing though. It happened with Stormhold as well. TLE isn't for everyone and thankfully most people figure out it isn't for them after the first night. TLE is a niche ruleset.
    Mizgamer62 and Siren like this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Well, its looking like I probably won't have the patience for a Heritage Quest. So, here is hoping they hurry up with Summer Ethereals. TBH, though... prob be pulling up those stakes soon irregardless of summer ethereals
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Uxtalzon Active Member

Success or not, expect more TLE servers being churned out with zero regards to any consequence or ramifications to Live servers.

It's like a giant wave people flock to the beach to experience. Those who ride it will have an experience to remember and enjoy, those who stay on the beach might get wiped out and swept away. Regardless, the beach population spiked and that's all that matters to the beach owners.

So they artificially create another big wave months later. The USS Holly Longdale sounds a horn in the far distance of its impending arrival before quickly disappearing again into the horizon.

That beach slowly erodes every time, with no concern from anyone except the loyal visitors who show up every day, trying to enjoy that beach for what it is.
    Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Albertine Member

No, I'm playing on it for the fun of low level content. I don't care at all for incentives. That's idiotic.
    Xephane likes this.
  11. OhNeal New Member

Cannot see how anyone sees this as a success. The server is populated entirely by folks who were already playing on the traditional servers. Mostly, those of us who came back into game after a few years, got bored with the constant grind through old bugged and broken quests to get updates for the new epicX2, and thought it might be interesting to go back.
    For one day it was packed, everyone I spoke too there for the same reason. It was a break from that back quest grinding to catch up and get to play with GROUPS that already had 300+ resolve. Within two hours it became clear that they were there as an alternative to the "just too much slogging through old pointless quests and horrid faction grind work" on the traditional servers. But, how exactly is this different? You get a item that lets you kick yourself in the butt for being here?
    The writing is already on the wall. Like the other servers with no, or childish ugly leaping mounts, it will dry up soon.
    Look, a good approach to nostalgia, is to imbed it with a TASTE of things that are new, like beautiful mounts. A bit of extra territory to explore with lower level mobs, a BRAND NEW race. Something NEW. Take a page from Hollywood's new playbook, "we will cover every movie already made, we do not have to really think, just add new CG!" EQ2 is a perfect application for this line of thought. You did not even take the time to add new CG though, nothing.
    However, I am certain, that only when you see the new, CG based version of IDIOCRACY, THAT will be the only time you will ever see with something so ill conceived as a mount based on kicking ones own backside as a form of mobility. Just not the best concept to use a the primary reason to visit a new progression server. Not something to stand up and crow about.
    Surely you have someone with a marketing background and a background in THIS game on staff that could have told ya this, no? Well yeah, obviously not, sorry, too bad.
    To those who are going to scream, "do not EVER point out what they did wrong", I apologize for hurting your feelings, but give it a few weeks, this thing is already digging its own grave. Perhaps they can modify the posterior punter into a backhoe.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Karakis New Member

Lol, I have to admit the server rule set is very fun for someone like me who played and enjoyed the old system I even miss the old EQ1 Tunnels for selling goods. Then again I grew up playing high risk games. But That mount made me laugh...Are they symbolically kicking us? Or are we kicking ourselves for paying to play on an old, dated platform? "Ha, we got their money, now kick them while they are down!"

Either way I just wont use the mount but I am enjoying the old grindy feel of the game. I missed the old EQ where it took a group to get anywhere in blackburrow.
  13. ssiard New Member

I've never played EQ2 and I'm having fun on FG!
    Prissetta and Xephane like this.
  14. Katmandu26 Active Member

This doesn't reflect my experience at all. I've met many people in game who are not playing on live servers and/or haven't played in years and came back for the TLE.

If you're looking for people who are complaining, that is what you will find. If you look for people who are having fun, that is what you will find, too. It's all about your mind set.
    Xephane and Prissetta like this.
  15. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

A lot of people writing walls of text complaining that the game sucks and is dying. I just returned for FG after not playing for years... some things never change.

I've also spent about 40 bucks on the marketplace... so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Xephane likes this.
  16. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

Myself and 5 of my friends have fired up accounts after long breaks from the game specifically for the experience of this server. I do not doubt that there are many people on the server only to cash in on their HQ items for the live servers but my experience has been large numbers of returning players.

I assure you none of my friends has any intentions of playing on the live servers and I am glad they have this new server. We came back and played for the first few expansions on Stormhold before the bugs and broken classes/gear drove us away. So far I am enjoying my return to the game.