Smart! FG is a huge success!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Naneeje, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

People, say what you want. Lot's of threads over how bad everything is, and yesterday proved just how good it really is. There were over 750 people in the Discord chat servers alone.
    We logged in to the game and found over 19 Queen Colony servers, so that means 18x19= over 342 people were leveling a new toon on a server that doesn't offer anything! Nothing!
    Oh, the complaints were a blast! Some of my favorite...
    "What? No AA's?"
    "Need a healer for Blackburrow, prepare to get slammed to the wall"
    "How the hell do you sell anything?"
    "OMG, you really had an auction house you had to stand there and wait for people to come to you?" (EQ1ref).
    "I literally have 1 gold and feel more accomplished than ever!"
    "Selling Krono, 5pp"

Oh, the list goes on folks, it is hilariously fun. Thank you Dev's for putting this together.
    Now, I must go decide if I am going to grind out Proving Grounds on 10 different level 100's for weekly quests, or... level my Paladin/Illusionist from level 5 to level 6. Either way... I'm going to enjoy it :)
    Thank you.
    Xephane, Siren, Febrith and 1 other person like this.
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Let's see how it is in 6 months, or even 3, once enough people get their freebies.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

There were at least 19 Overlord's Outposts, also, and the ones I was in had more than 18 people in them.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

I suspect teh only reason you are seeing so many people on fallen gate is because of that little incentive of getting almost bis items by having a toon on fallen gate doing heritage quests. so what happens when folks have finished all the heritage quest in teh expansion before the 12 weeks are up? hmm?
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

So what? Everyone has their reasons for playing. Its kind of nice to see the old zones full of people again. Even if I don't plan on staying with the server. Will likely pull up stakes when I get a heritage quest done or Summer Ethereals roll out...whichever comes first
    Siren, Naneeje and Prissetta like this.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Give crazy (OP?) rewards for something and then people claim to be surprised there is a 'rush' to go get them.

Wait 3 months, or better after next expac.
    Livejazz, Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

The first wave is also the people who just want to reach level 10 to get the mount. We saw the same thing on RTT.
    Livejazz, Mizgamer62 and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is true, population dropped in half when the deadline to get the mount passed. Also I saw at least 50 people afk for more than 2 hours, so just because there were that many people logged in, doesn't mean they were all playing. Also saw quite a few 6-boxers and a few 3-boxers.

Cyrrena
    Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

Yea. This server will become dead and then they will come out with another one that has crazy incentives to get stuff on live. Most guilds have probably required their players (top 5 guilds) to run this for BIS items. Good to see zones full of people lol. These are guilds running together, not going to find more groups. People aren't running these for nostalgia like you think they are. They are there because daybreak wants people in these servers that they've put time into, and the only way to do that is offer BIS gear that transfers over to live. LMFAO.
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Wait until the server has been open through DoF before making a judgement on it's success. Opening night is always busy.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's something new and shiny. Of course people are going to flock to it. RTT was exactly the same, as was Stormhold.

Although all this talk of BIS loot is ridiculous, I don't think any of the items on the merchant are even close to best in slot. The only items that would be a 'nice to have' to any high end player would be Manastone & Guise of the Deciever, both which are situational at best.
  12. Nagash Member

Fallen Gate is the only reason i came back to EQ2. I think it is the best thing they have done in a long time and i thank DBGs for putting forth the effort to make it happen.
  13. Kari Well-Known Member

The gear seems halfway between T3 and T4 raid gear. The manastone and guise of the deceiver seem like the two pieces that will have staying power,since they don't have to be equipped and their benefit is percentage based rather than a static number.

I plan to do the same with this server as I did with Stormhold - play it casually while I keep my live server character as my main, and eventually drop the TLE character when it becomes too time consuming to maintain both.
  14. Naneeje Well-Known Member

All servers will go dead eventually.
    Pokemon Go was supposed to be the most amazing thing ever... dead
    You can't keep up in today's society of youth, they change their minds about where to eat, while they are eating.
    So good job for giving us 1 day of nostalgia :) Really enjoyed it! I'm back on live grinding proving grounds, but I'm looking forward to going back and trying to get from level 5 to 6, at 29% run speed :) lol.
    Livx, Xephane, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

People are going to come and go even for holiday events like Tinkerfest, Nights of the Dead, Frostfell and Erollisi. But that's good for the F2P servers (and our dusty old mains!), too. At least when people get bored of one type of play, they can stay with the EQ2 fold and just switch servers! It could be worse. :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Loresinger Active Member

I've met quite a few people who are coming back to the game after very long breaks, and lots of people who've never even played before (a lot of folks coming over from EQ1 for the first time). I have no idea how many will stay, and what exactly the population will look like in a month, two, or three - launch numbers really don't mean much, of course - but there are plenty of people here for the server itself, and not for the rewards they can get on live.
    Livx, Xephane, Lagerale and 3 others like this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Loresinger,

I have seen a ton of total newbie questions in FG chat too, from what are obviously new players, and those who haven't played since launch. It's a great feeling to actually be streaming out so many answers that many minutes go by before I can even get back to what I was doing.

Hey, it's my choice to help them; I'm not complaining about that at all. I could just ignore them. Instead, I think it's wonderful to see more new players getting really involved in EQ2 than I've seen since, well jeez, since launch day on Lavastorm, actually.
    Xephane, Lagerale and Naneeje like this.
  18. Papablaze Member

Deathtoll/Stormhold was the first time I had played EQ2 since Sentinels Fate. It was a travesty and had no proper planning. Came back again at the promise that tuning would be better and I wasn't disappointed. Server may not have a thousand + people running around in a few weeks but I'm sure plenty of people like myself came back to EQ2 just for this. The live game is so far away from what this game is even with all of the itemization changes. This server would be the only thing that convinces me to play the current state of the game, and of course that would only happen when the expansion packs catch up/come close to that point anyways.

I've ran into multiple people who had clearly either never played before or haven't played in a decade. Thanks again DBG for the servo feels great.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Lagerale Member

I think people saying it's just current players making alts to get gear from heritage quest aren't really grouping/watching general chat. Yes I'm positive that's happening, but just sit in a zone and watch people play and you see a LOT of people who clearly aren't on alts. People simply have no idea what they are doing in a lot of cases, if they are on alts then they clearly aren't long term players because they don't have a clue as to how to play on an old school server.

I came back simply because this sever and I love it. I love that you don't ding every other kill, I love that it's back to people having to actually play a roll in groups or you can wipe. I think it's great and hope it lives on and if it doesn't so be it, I'll have fun for the time it's around.
  20. Ucarenyes Member

I see a narrow string of hope, that ppl can vote to stop ToT rollout and skip ToT/RoK and the upcomming expansion to totally undo all these pot,diety,fervor,epic2.0