small revamp to sk's siphon strength

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Xavion, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

can we please have either double the strength or a added buff of some kind? The int gain from this buff doesn't do any good as we no longer have any use for intel as a stat like we did in the past.
  2. Legionair Member

Revamp would be good but if it's only going to be doubling the strength that is not that good, maybe quadruple then yes. Otherwise I barely even cast it
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's worth casting on cooldown because of the incoming damage multiplier, it's the best dps button a SK has at the moment.
  4. Legionair Member

Yeah at the least it stays the full duration even if the mob dies when casted. Times ive ever considered using it was on trash before a named pull. I never find time to even bother using it mid cast order. Wish it had more use.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You totally missed what I said, it went right over your head.

This button should be cast on every mob, ever.
  6. Legionair Member

Every pull? Lol no I Disagree. If it was a 5-8% increase yeah probably. But Its ONLY a 2.5% at best, which in short burst fights can easily be made up with or equal out just casting another attack. This ability is ok at best IF its casted during a spell rotation during a long fight where you MIGHT actually Get noticeable gains out of it, but I found its better to be casted at the end of a fight such as on trash in preparation for the next pull so you don't Have to cast it which allows you to focus on just dps like on a named without having to throw it in between spells to MAX your dps. If an encounter is lasting only 5 to 8 seconds its not worth rotating in short burst encounters. It works best if its already active before a pull. Usually you will get the most out of it that way. I didn't miss what you said, I just don't agree with you on its over hype. Long fights its good, short fights not worth rotating it in the spell rotation, especially if its during short burst aoe dps. Its way better if its already active. Using it correctly is key. Now if I were playing as a dps it would be even more useful if it had a 50 meter range giving more time to prep for your dps.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Lets say raid wide is 1million damage for example.

Multiply the incoming damage to the mob by 2.5%.

Meaning your raid is now doing 1,025,000 damage incoming on the mob.

Obviously if something is "5 to 8 seconds" who cares, but any raid mob it should be cast on, trash, nameds, etc.

I'm not sure you understand how incoming damage multipliers work, but whatever; I tried to help you~

P.S. They increase everyone's damage not just the silly shadowknights, back when this was a max hp debuff it was the only reason we put a SK in raid.

You're welcome.
    Priority likes this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon on now... you know darn well that the tank being FDed on the pull so the raid wipes was great for laughs! *grins*
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  9. Klownage New Member

a bufff to the % would be pretty nice, i cast on every pull every little bit helps
  10. Legionair Member

I'm fully aware how damage multipliers work, and I agree with you on the raid part using the buff every pull PER Long Encounters..

However what do you mean everyone's damage increases? As far as I've known the buff boosted for Self only. If it was raid wide, that's an absolute no brainer to keep the buff up as much as possible since we'd be talkin 2.5% across the board.

I did not raid every expansion, it was on and off, so if there was a time when this was true then It must have been an armor set or adornment or Something that made it raid wide. Or was temporarily changed.
    Would you be able to explain When this was apparently raid wide? I don't recall when this was... For a good while I've seen that it buffs only yourself which makes the above math example irrelevant.

And Only having an SK for that buff for HP..... that's laughable, Good SKs know how to adjust to scenarios, Swap gear, and AAs for said specific encounters that require change. In doing so there's never been anything an SK can't tank. The exception was back in 2007-08 EOF/ROK expacs. Those were the Non Raid spot days for SKs, especially during EOF. Beyond ROK, SKs were guaranteed a raid spot at the least In a mage group.
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

It increases the dmg taken by the mob. It's not the self buff part of it, it's on the detrimental effect of it wich is put on the mob.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Bolded cause you need to reread what I posted earlier, it also amused me.

It increases incoming damage, the math above basically shows that. It increases the incoming damage to the mob, regardless of who casts the button. This is why brigands basically top every parse in game but people are bad at math and don't know mechanics I think they increase something bonkers like 10.5% of all damage on the mob, I don't even know if mobs on live have incoming damage multiplier avoidance but on TLE it works at least /shrug haven't bothered testing it enough since it first got switched. Back when max hp debuffs were in scouts were doing x2 the damage of mages, and the debuffs were even stacking (shout out revelations double brigand setup) yet people didn't run the proper classes and/or spec to increasing these debuffs, you could actually reduce a mobs HP by like 36% at one point in the game, imagine a mob having 64% of it's health when you go kill it.

As far as SK being "OP"/in raids since RoK we ran one in TSO with our Guardian/Zerker, SF we had a paladin who swapped when we didn't need another tank, DoV we ran two brawlers and a zerker off tank in drunder, CoE we ran a brawler, zerker, ToV we ran zerker, and darkon was there cause he was our max hp debuff bot and a cute colored ratonga who added to our ratonga army.

There was never a moment in RoK that adrenaline didn't just troll whatever sk's had, and I guess TSO they were cool cause they could parse. SF they were eh. DoV useless compared to zerker cause less temps/ brawlers like 80%+ avoidance reports, and CoE on; just running another mage was actually more dps than the max hp debuff even gave so we made ours switch over to a wizard when we didn't need the tank.

Sure we could of struggled through content and made an SK work, but at the end of the day they just didn't have anything to bring to the table that another class couldn't do better frankly. It's unfortunate and guilds ran them sure, but they were never the "meta" class to run.

As tharrakor said, it actually debuffs the mob as well as gives you a buff, that is where the actual incoming damage multiplier is coming from.
    /thread.
  13. Eridion Member

I agree with what you wrote but think that having a slightly sub-optimal raid setup really isn't that big of a deal as you make it sound. Unless the raids are broken for months and you have to do some creative stuff to kill anything (that never happens in eq2 of course).

We ran guard, sk, pally and occasionally a monk and we cleared PoW WW 2nd or 3rd. It was definitely a dogshit lineup (running crusaders in raid LUL) but surprisingly you can make sub optimal setups work if you have decent players (aka everyone but me).

Actually I dunno why I'm defending bad raid setups, but whatevs I committed too much time typing the reply so can't just not submit.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sounds dumb to run the wrong tanks and make content harder. Also by the time plane of war came out crusader's weren't aids anymore and shamans could just backpack everyone I.E. meliorate/wonsokman.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

When classes are relatively useless and the players have to reset to playing alts that are not their main just to get to go on the raid or to make the raid much more successful, I wish those people good luck but bow out. Im here for fun, not a job. On my job, I will change my station or duty as needed because im paid for it, not because its fun. But different strokes for different folks.
  16. Season Active Member

this was a rough read
  17. Legionair Member

Adoninilol....

SIPHON STRENGTH

Draws "Strength and Intelligence" from the "Target" and grants it to the "Shadowknight."

Effects
    Decreases INT and STR of target by (X)
    Increases INT and STR of caster by (Y)

Where does it help the raid as a whole!?

IF this ability said Increases INT and STR of Group or Raid your math would be correct. Because THEN it would overall help the raids dps by 2.5% regardless who dps whatever amount due to the ability being shared across the board. But individually to Just the SKs benefit then your math above doesn't work. The 2.5% is ONLY applied to the SKs dps and/or whatever that might be. So if the SK was doing 50k dps of that 1 million in the raid force which is ONLY 5% then 2.5% added to 50k is 51250. So where is this 2.5% raid wide benefit? This is what I was getting at. So I really think your math was incorrect all along unless this ability really stacks across the board, but as far as I've seen, this doesn't. Unless you accidentally refered to the SKs raid buff by mistake aka Unholy Strength NOT Siphon Strength.

And SKs were only cool in TSO just because they could DPS!? What a joke! SKs had a heck of alot of utility in comparison back then. And at the very least they were awesome if put in the mage group as a dps per AAs options at the time. While yes Overtime other tanks did get some bonus benefits outweighing the SK but it was still doable. There was a rule we had back when I raided, and it was that every tank in the raid force had to be able to handle every job successfully incase of a tank no show for raid or else you were Sat and your spot filled.
  18. Season Active Member

No. It used to be "Reduces X% Max Health from target". They changed that to increases damage to target by X%. It increases damage to the target by everyone, not just the SK. That is why it literally says "Increases all damage done to target by X%." and the other effects say "Increases blah blah of caster by blah balh..."
  19. Season Active Member

I guess unless you don't take that AA. Which is also a bad bad move

20. Legionair Member

That makes sense! Thank you for clarifying that. Its that AA choice changed. Some How I overlooked this change considering at the time The HP boost I didn't care for. But it changing to a damage increaser is worth it.