Sleight of Hand

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Thunndar316, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Still useless. Still terrible. Still not on a single hotbar.

Swash needs a real class defining ability. I would refer you to the 100 page thread in the Swash forum but that is also ignored.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Honestly, Swashes dont have much to complain about, especially with the upcoming Off-hand weapon mechanic changes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Really good swashes use this ability.
    Ours regurally assists with aggro wipes using this ability.
  5. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Really smart Swashies delete the useless piece of **** from their hotbar

Our "class defining" spell is worthless. Period.

So "some" people use it in one situation where raid mobs are mem wiping. Whoopee. Where is it used in group and solo play? Where? Never.

Useless.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    It is no more useless than Recapture.
    It does what it says it does, it allows the swash to swap positions in a hate list with someone else in group. Argueably there is little use for hatelist swaps outside of heavily scripted content.
    Regardless, it is in fact used by some swashes very effectively.
  7. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Both our Swashies use it (sometimes with disasterous consequences, but usually not).
  8. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Thanks a lot Kiara,

Right next to the 100 page thread in here that is also IGNORED
  9. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

I guess the 99 percent of Swashies (ok, I made that percent up - but I bet I'm not far off) who hate this spell aren't very good Swashies.
    Reminds me of an old joke. Two Irish mothers, whose sons are in the army, are watching their two sons march by in a parade. The one mother says to the other, "Faith but don't the lads look grand in their uniforms all marching so smartly." She then points out one lad who is marching out of step from all the others. "That lad does stand out, though". The other mother replies, "Oh, aye! That's me Paddy!" she says proudly. "I do feel sorry for all the other boys, though, who can't keep in step."
  10. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

I've actually found it pretty useful in certain situations. Bearing in mind my husband's wizard is the highest DPSer in our raid force, and really just grouping with him, I've made a sleight of hand macro just for him. If used in the right situations the spell is pretty useful.
    The argument about it not being class-defining, causes me to relook at exactly what our class was built for. We are swarthy pirates. We piss off the mobs, and blame someone else for it. We redirect the bad guys' anger at someone else. That's why we have a hate transfer, that's why we were given taunts as well as dehates, and that's why we were given sleight of hand. IMO it all fits together pretty nicely.
  11. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

I would certainly define Swarthy Deception as class defining, if is slight of hand then give Swarthy Deception to rangers and you can have our pigeon, so we can get your group :)
  12. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Zemi@Lucan DLere wrote:
    LOL, that had me laughing. The best description for our class yet. Makes me change my mind about Sleight of Hand being the Swashy class defining spell.
    It doesn't make me change my mind about it being a very bad class defining spell.
    P.S. I'm going to steal that, btw, when I tell others what it is that Swashys do
  13. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Sleight of Hand was made to replace our hate transfer which we never lost.

So once in a blue moon you use it to dump hate on a healer, which you dont need to, and sometimes on a mem wiping mob and risk your tank wasting his snaps while the mob bounces back and forth.

It's crap, worthless and if you have it on your hotbar, you fail

Also if hate transfer is our class defining spell then why did they give it to ASSASSINS!
  14. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    I'm no dev, so I don't know anything about it being made to "replace our hate transfer".
    Maybe I only use it every so often, but when it's used, I'll stick my neck out there to say it's saved my party for the fight. So yea it's on my hotbar, and yes I have found it pretty useful. If that means I fail in your opinion, I'll still sleep at night :p
    If I end up ganking to much aggro, I cast it on my tank for insta aggro back to them. If someone (like my wizzy husband for example) rips it from the tank, which he often does, I pop it on him, mob comes to me, and added with my transfer, goes back to the tank faster than the wizzy's little dehate will work. You have to react quickly, and if executed the correct way, it can be a useful tool. Use it wrong, and of course you're going to get toasted. IMO the CA is far from useless.
  15. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    LOL! If the Assassin is getting the MT slot instead of you it is because you don't play swashy well. Swashy hate transfer is much greater than Assassin hate transfer. In fact if the off tank is having problems with adds and the adds need taken down first we move the swashy down to the off tank to make sure the adds are controlled.
    I have seen a fight saved many times with our swashy (who is very good) throwing sleight of hand in the right time and place on the right mob, "sleight of hand" back to the tank "evasive maneuvers"!
    sleight of hand fits in very well with the intent of the Swashy, I too love the description We piss off the mobs, and blame someone else for it. That Zemi gave :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Striikor@Nektulos wrote:
  17. ARCHIVED-RingleToo Guest

Striikor@Nektulos wrote:
    Actually, despite how I've bad-mouthed SoH, I do put it on my hot bar for raids. I always take evac off, so I have an open spot, and I figure I might as well put something in the open slot. I've said before that SoH isn't completely useless, it's just that it's so situational, used so infrequently, that for a class defining spell it's pretty crappy. I've gotten the same results using Tease (even Devious Blade) and Evasive Maneuvers.
  18. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I will never understand how people can be happy with a CLASS DEFINING spell that is only useful for mem wiping raid mobs.

Solo play, useless, group play useless, most raid encounters useless.

We deserve something good like an upgrade to Hurricane for ***** sake
  19. ARCHIVED-Kleg Guest

We dont need any upgrade to hurricane, period.
    SoH aint useless but its still a crap abillity, same goes with mythical buff.
    They should look at swash SF AAs if anything, strikethru is useless if anything.
  20. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Out of curiosity, are you calling it a class defining spell simply because it was the level 80 "unique" spell? If so, there's a whole lot of classes unhappy about how much their class defining spell sucks.