Sleepers Tomb

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-BollyUK, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Sleeper's Tomb
    What rests within this tomb? Only the bravest of adventurers should dare to enter this new zone in mid-September for new group/raid content!
    -
    Yay! What will we find now the warders are dead and sleeper long gone?
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

If I recall from Eq1, the Tomb was filled with constructs and such. though Kerafyrm's escape prolly put a dent in the security..it was also a VERY secure place from a dragon's standpoint, and I coudl see him using it as a makeshift base of operations when he began the assault on Skyshrine/ the place he retreated to when the Crusaders got there before launching his attack and sacking ToV.
    it may still be a communication hub/base for the Awakened cult, and I imagine it's probably considered sacred to them and certainly not unprotected by members there of..I'm hoping we'll find out exactly what the bargain was that led to Grendish betraying the other Crusaders..or what Kera's intentions are with Theer's power.
    though, with Kera gone. this maybe where Mayong/Tserrina have been delving into for more information of the Age's End prophecy/Shissar calendar. So we may see Mayong again. find out what happened between him and Tserrina.
  3. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I think there are lots of stormwing drakes outside it at the moment so you would think that it is being occupied by sleepers forces but then again they are outside!
    I am not sure what wonders will await us inside but I would love it if mistmoore made an appearance like you said!
  4. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Plenty of ideas. One might assume it's been redug by one of Kerafrym's generals. We defeated Vyskudra's invading force, so only 3 of them left. No doubt we'll be defeating them all over time before the big battle with Kerafrym.
  5. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Alluvial@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Ulysses Simpson Grant?
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Considering that the Western Wastes are no more...probably a colony of Chettari feasting on dead warders and Zlandacar who got a very sudden and rude eviction notice from the Awakened.
    Well, more likely is an undead army of 65 adventurers who failed to take down the sleeper plus the undead warders who failed in their responsability to contain the sleeper. Maybe some treasure huntering giants looking for things left in the tomb too.
  7. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Wonder if there will be any chronomagery! Would be nice to go back and witness the awakening of kerafyrm
  8. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Level 60 adventurers. The level cap wasn't raised to 65 until Planes of Power, and by then the Sleeper had been awoken on pretty much every standard ruleset server.
    I'm expecting a bunch of Awakened minions to fight, but I am also hoping form something new and original that takes me by surprise. We'll see!
  9. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Meirril wrote:
    sleepers tomb was in eastern wastes, and can already visut the collapsed doorway. the pit of the awakend.
    am guessing will be the constructs... and quite a few ghosts.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    I'm very aware of that. It would be kinda difficult to explain visiting the Dragon Necropolis where Zlandcar and the Chetari were living in EQ1 now that we have a book that says the Western Wastes has been reduced to the Temple of Veeshan and nothing more.
    Kinda wondering a little about that nothing more. Bare rock? Water? It can't just be floating in air.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

It's probably ToV, a little stretch of land out from that for patrols/getting airborne to defend themselves...then an long empty space of just water until it reaches the next solid portion of velious.
    I think though we'll see Mayong or Tserrina in Sleeper's Tomb. it's a perfect place for Mayong to be studing more on the Age's End prophecy. since he's not fond of dragonkin, so Skyshrine would be out..he'd never tolerate being among them as an ally. but if the Awakened cult are there...well killing them is good for fighting Kera. so no need to be diplomatic and non-aggressive with those dragons
  12. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

I thought half of Velious was raised into the sky. So should Western Wastes, if melted completely, be high in the clouds or something, or rather whats left of it? My assumption is that Western Wastes will be in the game, but completely different then what we would imagine due to its obliteration from Kera. That or it went out like Dagnors Cauldron and ToV is connected to a piece of land like the Estate of Unrest is.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

the book we have states that Kera had elemental dragons in his service collapse the western wastes into the sea, and that collapse killed many young dragons and older dragons that were starting to head to ToV to take it back from Kera. so when/if we see it, it's probably like Unrest. a section of land where ToV rests and maybe some breathing room out and then just the ocean/air.
    we also don't know exactly how much of the continent the Upheaval actually moved. it could very well have been half of Wakening lands and Skyshrine along that got heaved, since I htink they hint that was a dragonic action as well. so it might have been just them moving/defending Skyshrine from Kael.
  14. ARCHIVED-Maergoth Guest

Supposedly the 4 warders are still in there, restraining a big prismatic dragon.
    Seriously.
    Guess we'll see what's up with that soon enough.
  15. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Given that the screenshots clearly seem to show a chronoportal, I suspect we're going back to the period either just before, or during, Kerafyrm's escape...
  16. ARCHIVED-Irgun Guest

Anaogi@Permafrost wrote:
    Its before he breaks through - altho you can see him trying to break out of his prison but getting subdued by a powerful ritual of the four warders, and while the warders got about Ikatiar-size Kerafyrm is ab-so-lu-te-ly huge - I`d say at least 1,5x the size of Tarinax, maybe bigger.
  17. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Probably, Jorlak is the go-to NPC for this.

edit: From EQ2 Wire
    The Sleeper’s Tomb, which opens next Tuesday, offers two variations:
    • Sleeper’s Tomb: The Awakening (group)
    • Sleeper’s Tomb: A Temporal Leap (raid)
  18. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

19. ARCHIVED-RoninSenshi Guest

Well the Warders are there, Kerafyrm's there..
    I find the banchees and that Erudite that's in there kind of out of place. Since when would they be there, considering its a place made by Dragons to restrain Kerafyrm.
    What's interesting, however, is the other Chronoportal teleporting in the Drakes and Wyverns that you fight in Skyshrine, i.e. those that are allied with the Awakened.
    Wonder what's up with that.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Irgin@Valor wrote:
    I think he's right about the same size as tarinax.
    He's really ugly though, not really 'prismatic'.