Sleeper's Tomb Solo

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristabella, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Don't the druid ring and spire still need to be unlocked by questing in Obol?

Edit: You can also buy the LORE shineys for the crafters collection that gives the house item for porting. http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Memories_of_Obol_Plains
  2. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing something got broke since I did it, about a month ago, & now. I had some trouble my first attempt, & the second one wasn't easy at all, but I still managed to take him down doing exactly the debuff > kill pillars thing.
  3. Sogapa Active Member

Pretty sure both the druid ring and the spire still need to be unlocked, and while it's possible to get to Obol plains, Merriel won't be able to continue the questline until getting through the advance solo. Merriel, you mentioned there is a reason the zones are called Advanced Solo, and you are correct. The Advanced references the player's skill or gear levels needed to get through the zone solo. They are designed as duo zones for those who are not as well geared or skilled. You admit you are not geared/skilled, so you should expect to need a second player to complete the zone.

Given that it is old content, however, I would suggest you go ahead to ToV and do the solo questline there- granted the Advanced Solo zones there might be too tough for you to solo also, but once you get the truly solo parts done, you might have the gear you need to finish the CoE stuff.

Healer mercs will help you significantly, and among the generic mercs, I prefer Stamper because he's great at curing and will throw in heals as well if you don't have him engage. If you do have him engage, he has verdict which will allow you to kill a mob if you can get it to 10%, which might help.

I recently had to do the CoE questline on my channeler as a prereq for his epic quest and was able to blow through the Advanced Solos pretty quickly- I'm sure if you ask around there are either other channelers doing the zones anyway, or someone willing to give up a few minutes of their time to help you out.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think you guys missed the point I was making. I spent a ton of plat on gear, and I think she is geared up enough to do the zone. Although I don't know that her AA's are set up properly, I am not really talking about my character's skills. I am talking more about my own personal abilities and skills to do these encounters.

These are raid-type encounters and extremely difficult for me to comprehend how to defeat them, despite reading the guide and attempting to do what the guide suggests I do. I am not very good at all with strategy, and I can do these encounters over and over and over a million times and not figure out how to accomplish the end goal. Do I want to end up with a TON of experience debt to work off while attempting to figure these encounters out? Not really.

My brigand's hp and stats exceed Jennis's stats considerably and he dies too quickly in this fight, so I can't count on his assistance either...I think I pretty much have to solo this without him. Hiring another mercenary really isn't going to change things much, since I still lack the personal skills/abilities to follow the strategy outlined by the walk through guide. About the only way I can see ever being able to defeat these encounters is to wait until the xpac, level to 100, when these bosses will become much easier to defeat, and hope that I can finish them off without having to mess with the pillars. Thing is, I really don't know that I want to purchase any future expansions, if they are going to continue doing what they did with this one, locking out normal quest progression with such a stringent requirement as this.

Yes, I know how to get to the Obol Plains...I can go there, I can defeat mobs there quite easily, but I cannot quest there because until this part of the time-line is completed, I cannot unlock the quests there. I want to quest there, but I want to skip things like these encounters, because I cannot solo them, and I don't like being 'locked' out of doing 'normal' quests, because of ridiculous requirements like this one. :/

Sogapa, you mentioned the ToV solo questline. Is that in Vespyrr Isles? I have seen the npc's that give the daily missions there, but I haven't seen any regular quests to do there. The daily missions want me to enter advanced solo dungeons though. :/
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Merriel, if you provide a link to your Brigand's u.eq2wire.com profile, I'm sure people will be more than happy to advise you about your AA settings. I would not also be surprised if some were on your server and volunteered to be your "mercenary" for a run or 3 to show you how the strats work.

I seem to recall having graphics issues in Sleeper's Tomb and not even seeing the adds unless I kept spamming <TAB>, but that was over a year ago. Hate that zone and only ran it the one time needed per character. (Edit: And a brigand was amongst that set, forget the final combination, but I probably tried a couple of different mercs before I had a combination that worked. Mercs DO make a difference. I tended to use Stamper or Vittia during CoE.)

Edit 2: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Sent_for_Savtek should start the solo overland quest line in VI that will upgrade your gear phenomenally. Well, it does for most players, anyway.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Dulcenia, thanks for the advice. I always wondered what site those cool sigs come from and how I could get it myself.

I don't know if I was glitched when I tried this zone a few days ago or what, but all I did was change three pieces of gear that were ever so slight upgrades, and changed from Jennis to Daeron Ashingwing mercenary, and defeated Pyre in my first attempt. Not sure that changing mercenaries and three very slight upgrades would have made that huge a difference. Also took Frost down in my first attempt and finished the entire zone. Completely took me by surprise after my many failed attempts a few days ago.

I did actually ask for some help with my AA's once before, a long time ago, here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/brigand-aa-build.545898/

Did not get a whole lot of help though, (had one person tell me to betray, lol) and looking at different brigand's templates, did not find a totally solo (molo) build on any of them. If someone who has a 95 brigand can offer me some very sound advice, I would really appreciate it if you would reply to that thread for me. I also want to thank everyone who did reply here and at least attempted to help me out with your advice. :)

Edit: How do I link the sig? Never mind, figured it out, hehe.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Gratz!

Your Signature is definitely working :) Hope someone can help. I have a solo/molo 95 Brigand but I'm rather certain her AA is FAR from optimal, and will be watching for any advice you get.
  8. Ahupu Well-Known Member

You won't see quest feathers in ToV other than the daily, weekly, and dungeon quests unless you go through the little introduction quest. You should have received a letter from the Duality (The time is now) asking you to meet a representative of his is in Freeport since you are a brig, it starts the signature questline, which tasks you with completing the overland quests to get gear before doing the advanced solos. Also the old Mirror of Reflected achievements can be made into a debt forgiveness mirror by an armorsmith I believe it is, Cloudrat has one of those in each of her houses too. It only works one time a day(I believe) but eliminates the need to work off XP debt or buy a debt forgiveness potion. I am fairly young (44), but I suffer from arthritis, and an essential tremor that make some aspects of grouping difficult for me too (try doing the right thing when your fingers all want to twitch essentially heh just putting them on the keyboard I can type the worst nonsense on bad days and be unable to correct it or if I choose to go to one finger typing so I have some control over what keys I hit). You have my sympathies on your plight, but it is possible even with my difficulties so maybe it is with yours as well. Anyway fingers crossed for you (well as much as can be with arthritis :D)
    Dulcenia likes this.
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Meh not gonna edit, heh took me so long to type that post you managed to complete the zone while I was doing it and I did not see the update until I actually posted. Grats on the win glad you are able to move on.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Merriel, your cloak stands out as an item that could be cheaply upgraded. Look on the broker for Matoppie items (cheap L90 HC) or Banyan items (bit more expensive L92 MC).
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ahupu. I sympathize with you on your issues as well, as I'm sure that makes things very difficult for you also. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm not familiar with the mirror item you are talking about. Is that a veteran reward or something? The only mirror item I have is for a complete makeover, which I will probably never ever use, lol.

Edit: Dulcenia, I do still have a few items that need upgraded, just after spending all the plat I got from selling one krono item, I had to quit spending so much plat or I would go completely broke, lol. My guess is I spent 3.5k plat to upgrade her gear. I know that's not a lot to raiders, but it is a lot of plat to me. I think adornments were a goodly portion of that amount, but I finally hit 375 adorning and will start crafting my own adornments from now on. I was doing the crafting daily and weekly missions and just saved all my etyma, and just spent most of that yesterday on purple adornment recipes, and picking up some draconic incense.
  12. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Go to your crafting house probably the Coalition of Tradefolke or the Dark Bargainers and the NPC who sells the crafting clothes I believe sells like three recipes. One is for the display pedestals for trophies (like boss mob's heads) and the one is called Reflections of the masters which originally let you make this(http://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=f5e3d253c3daf2667d2e8faf38a99176) Mirror of reflected achievements with the introduction of the on the fly AA change it became A polished mirror and with the ToV xpac they introduced a 90 recipe that allows an armorsmith (I believe it is) to turn it into an xp debt forgiveness mirror (mirror of forgiveness I believe).
  13. Sogapa Active Member

I see that you managed to complete the zone, congrats!

Jennis is a really bad merc- he's incredibly underpowered when compared to the SK merc, or the zerker merc you switched to. Vitia (SK) is decent, but tbh, I've had the best luck on my dirge using a healer merc- as I posted previously, Stamper.

I'm sorry you went to the expense of 3.5k for the upgrades you purchased. I think that's expensive for most people. But yeah, as Ahupu said, you won't be able to do all of the TOV quests until you start the signature quest from the duality.

However, if you fly to the area where you get the quests for the instances....Look at those quest givers, and turn around. there should be a hill, and on that hill a platform with a couple of drakes, one of which will have a quest feather. Get his quest and you will be able to start the solo non-signature questline in the Vesspyr Isles. The gear you get there will be nice for your brig and you'll be able to get either hp gear or more dps gear, depending on your needs. With that quested gear, you should have no problem doing any of the advanced solos if you have a healer merc.

Oh, I also notice that by looking at your gear, you have over 400 multi-attack and only 273 dps mod. You do not need more than say 120 multiattack, and you need 600 dps mod. I would suggest reforging as much of that MA as you can to dps mod. In the event you were not aware, at launch of ToV, there was a mechanics change essentially switching dps mod and multiattack.

Also I see you are rather heavy on defensive stats- If you change those to offensive stuff, you should kill things before they kill you.