Sleeper's Tomb No Strats Online

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Middleone, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Middleone Guest

Am I extraordinarily dense (yeah, i know, i just made myself a fat target ;P)... or are there absolutely NO strat guides to the regular version of Sleepers Tomb online? I've done that zone about 10 times now, and about 50% of the time it was successful bc people honestly don't know what the strat is STILL. I mean, it's obvious, you need someone to recover mana for you (coercer, illy, dirge, troub, etc), and a tank that has 55k HP min for the last fight, and each boss does something different, but I see some groups using one strategy, others a different one, and still others a different one still, and only about half the time do they make it past Ingolf Arnar. I pug a lot. I see strats for the raid version, but nothing on the regular ST zone. Not even the bosses are listed in wikia.
    That tells me that either
    1. People think the zone is not worth writing up bc it will become obsolete in next expansion.
    2. Or people think this is a very valuable zone and want to keep the secret to themselves.
    I personally know at least 30 people on my friend list who know that zone well, and i'm just one person who pugs. What's the reason that nobody's bothered to publish a basic strat yet? Being a scout, I can't say I'm an expert on the strats or I'd do it. Have I missed some out of the way website that has the strat?
  2. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Several reasons...
    Population loss below the critical mass of interest required to maintain wiki's/writeups/zone threads/etc. It's not just Sleepers Tomb. The whole wiki scene has by and large dried up outside of a few areas. There are more red (no page) links in wikia than blue in a lot of cases.
    Many (most?) folks entering ST the day it launched were overgeared for the EM version. If you clear it the day it's released, there's not much incentive/need for a writeup. And those folks know their advice may not be what folks need (enter room, pull all mobs at once)
    This leaves a small percent (those inclined to do writeups for public consumption), of a medium percent (those not overgeared), of a dwindling population..... So it just hasn't happened.
    You, go start one, someone's got to get the ball rolling...
  3. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

3. The strats in this zone are realy, really obvious and donlt need a walk thru.
    I don't remember the names exactly, but here goes.
    1st Named - Cures stuff and win
    2nd Named - Activated by killing drakes, cure stuff and win
    3rd Named Exxodosus or something - Stop attacking when he turns to stone, start attacking when he is no longer stone. Attacking while he is stone causes the 'chipped' adds.
    4th Named - Fight in a cubby hole and cure stuff
    5th Named - Fight in room for non challenge version, cure stuff, move out of green goo (red text telling who), randomly ports someone to the hallway, hurry back, kite if necesary, cure stuff, win. Most groups kill adds, but higher dps / better tank groups ignore adds.
    Last named - Kill 4 waves of trash, fight golem, close portal. cure stuff, win.
    I've never been in a group that didn't finish this zone, only a few that couldn't do CM of the 2nd to last guy. CM of the last guy seems to be a cake-walk for most groups.
  4. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Alternative: Everyone stand still, heal through the nox dot, killing adds or not is up to you. Healers that aren't moving heal more that those running around trying not to get peed on. Frequently works better if people are dying because everyone's spending all their time running around in circles, getting out of range, generating LOS issues, etc...
  5. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Actually its: stop attacking him when he starts his ritual, wait to see what kind of damage is needed. Have someone with no procs hit him with the needed type of damage. If you get the green message, resume killing him. If you get the red message, someone used the wrong type of damage. Keep killing the adds if they're up, they're not affected by his ritual.
  6. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Sure you're not talking about the Raid version there?
  7. ARCHIVED-Middleone Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Ok, let's build on that.
    1st named: has an aoe with an emote, good idea to joust it
    3rd named exxodus or whatever: Power drain, if you hit him while he's stoneskinned, his adds will power drain and then kill you, seems to be a mana/dmg drain proc of some kind. Possibly raid geared people are resistant, but I'm not, I die. I target thru tank and rely on tank to stop attacking, but in my experience there's always someone in the group who "just cast" something and hasn't cancelled it in time at some point and we get adds, so reactive heals are the only thing that's ever saved us. But there have been some magic groups that seemed to never be bothered by the adds, never seemed to stop attacking him, and had him down in less than a minute. I'd like to know what worked there, but of course they just go on to the next thing, why examine success?
    4th named: Kicks you very far away and walks around the room kicking various people even if you are at range. As a scout, i generally fight this one with my bow bc i do more damage than run, hit, kick, run, hit, kick... if he comes close, i'll whale him tho. Bringing elemental cure potions helps a bit but the reuse timer makes this tactic mostly pointless (every time he kicks, he sticks you to the floor too far away from healers for Nature Walk to help you, but elem cure can get you out of it if you have a pot).
    Question for the tanks: I've had a lot of people pull him to different places: where do you pull him? I like to see him pulled to the central stack of books facing the left wall as you walk in the room. Seems to work best if the tank is facing the coffin and the group is near the coffin.
    5th named: every time i've seen a group fail, it's on this one... if you get ported to the hallway, it's nearly a certain death to a non raid geared group, but try to run back to the room as fast as possible and call the port out so healers can cast slow cast reactive heals on the group. I suspect the damage mix matters even in the non raid version of this fight, i've seen groups with mages doing only mana heals (because of the power drain) that couldn't take down the adds fast enough, take the risk and kill fast. NOTE: In the raid version , the type of add matters, add type 1 can only be dmg'd by scout/fighters, and type 2 by mage/priests. Personally I favor the "stay on the named and AoE the adds to death" strategy, but I'm a scout with AoEs, so if your group has a different makeup, maybe you'll need to do something different. I've also never heard of anyone "healing through" the noxious dot from the green pools, it's certain death IMO, so keep away from them.
    Final Arbiter: In the beginning, I think we were fighting him in challenge all the time bc we hadn't figured out the portal thing yet. One person who can heal themselves and transfer hate to others (read: ideally troub/dirge) gets close enough to the portal to click it after the Final Arbiter is engaged to *prevent* challenge mode. That's why at first, people were insisting on a 60k tank for that fight. People still want that simply to make it easy. But it can be done with less.
    So obviously, this zone is not obvious? or, How is it obvious that there are pools of poison you have to avoid standing in or certain death? Or that nearly all bosses have emotes that request (maybe not require) your group to take some action during the fight? Or if you get ported out of the room you have to hurry back or an encounter aoe will wipe your group? Or if you don't click the portal in time, the FA will turn challenge on you? Or that elemental pots are helpful in one of the fights?
    This zone is fairly high mechanics, even the Overseer is a spawned mob that some groups simply miss. I'm not really clear on what it takes to spawn him exactly... I assume Exxodosus has to be down and the drakes on both sides dead, maybe? Not being a tank, I'm a group follower and don't decide whether we go left or right, or fight this mob or don't fight this mob, so I don't get to know the zone that well, even if i did it 30 more times I wouldn't know what the requirements are to spawn something. Unless someone posts a guide.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Middleone wrote:
    If you get one shot from this aoe, you are severely undergeared for zone and need to go work on the earlier SS heroic content first. If your dieing cause you don't get cured after the ae goes off, you need better healers.

Middleone wrote:
    So, don't attack when your not supposed to. At most I ever see one add on this fight cause someone isn't paying attention. If the tank doesn't understand it, have the group assist someone that does. The script breaks if you have enough dps and you can fight right thru the script. However if your dps falls below the point to break the script at one of the later check points, you can see all the 'saved up' adds spawn.
    My recommendation follow the script when in doubt.

Middleone wrote:
    Fight in one of the cubbies in the center as stated. Randomly 2-3 people get ported 20 meters away, when wedged in that port doesn't happen as much, when ported take the 1.5 seconds to run back to the cubby.
    The best place to tank / fight him, is to clear the adds around the room, then charge the golemn and fight in that cubby. The golem has very little hp and will likely be dead before the named even gets to you.

Middleone wrote:
    Why is a port certain death? If your ported with the nox on you, click your nox pot and run back. Nothing in the hallway does damage to you. The only hiccups is if the tank or healer gets ported. if the healer gets ported the group *might* need to click a cure potion. If the tank is ported, a snare/root/kite *might* be needed.
    As long as everything is cured, there is no problem with mana. The strat of standing still and powering thru it isn't the best idea. Its fine for top players, but not something I would post as a recommended strat.
    Middleone wrote:
    Your over complicating the Arbiter. No one needs to move to the portal until after the red text comes out. As long as your fighting everything at one of the pillars near the portal, just wait for red text and have one person in group (any one really) move 10 feet and click the portal, then return to fighting. The only way to fail this fight is not to be able to kill the 4 waves of initial adds fast enough and get overwhelmed.
    I disagree that this zone high mechanics. You must not have done any of the upper tier heroic content in any of the recent expansions. Palace, Guks, Kael, Drunder, CM SS mobs, and a host of other content is far more complicated and difficult than ST. Even the CM scripts in ST are very soft. I say that cause the 2 CM scripts can easily be done with toons without raid gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Middleone wrote:
    All sleeper's tomb strats have been available online at http://www.eq-raiders.com/ since day one. So to answer your question Yes you are extraordinarily dense.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I clicked your link, and as the name suggests, those are raid strats. this person is talking about the easy mob 6 man ST instance. I can imagine the raid strats are prolly a little more complicated then the group versions.
    though I would like to know, since I'v enever tried it..what is the strat to the CM version of the specter woman if you pull her to the hallway? same thing she just gets nastier damage?
  11. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

12. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    It's the normal fight, everything aplified (more damage, deadlier dots, etc...) - with an occasional memwipe. (Unless you block it).
    The only way we've ever done it, is spaced the healers and mages out on the grid in the hallway before her room. Put each toon on a corner, and it's far enough away from the others that the green goo can't hit two toons at once, but close enough to be healed, attack, etc... Tank stands out in front of the healers like the tip of a triangle, still in heal range. Melee toons just suck it up and fight at range. Minimal effort to avoid getting peed on. If only one toon gets peed on at a time, it's easilly managabe.
    Kill her before she kills you. Some folks say ignore the adds. That doesn't work for use, we need to burn the adds down as they come in or they'll swarm us, and DPS her in the breaks in between. 3+ minute fight, at 600K dps.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Ynnek@Kithicor wrote:
    I prefer this method:
    Place the tank in one of the corners just outside the room, place everyone else at the firepot behind that corner.
    There is room in the tank's corner for him to move slightly if he gets the goo.
    For eveyrone else, when the goo drops, they move in an arc away from wall towards the opposite corner. On the next goo, they move to the opposite corner from tank.
    There is never more than 2 goos up, so on the 4th goo, everyone moves back to the orriginal spot.
    If someone is ported, they just move back into position.
    Depending on the group we will kill adds or ignore adds. Generally if I have one healer we kill adds, if I have 2 we ignore.
    -----------------------
    If you bring a serious focused group, you just dog pile on the corner and aeblock/ equillib/ burn thru the script and kill it before everything times out. This however can only be done by a very small minority of the eq2 player base, so some subset of the above is your likely strat to work on.
    There is also a common exploit being used, but I'm not going to post an exploit on forums.
  14. ARCHIVED-Middleone Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Cool, that's exactly where I looked, but I only found the RAID strat, not the regular one. No help. And while you're all tearing me apart, at least you're telling everyone what to do. At least that's helpful. If I had to be ripped on for that, then more power to you, /moon, lol.
  15. ARCHIVED-Middleone Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    We'll agree to disagree. And I have no need to justify myself to you, my flock of friends on my server are my testament to my skills and where I've been. As I said I PUG, that's pick-up-group in case you're not familiar with the term. Groups like that are hit or miss. In case you're not familiar with how to make friends, pug groups are a good way to do that, you should try it. Maybe knock that chip off your shoulder.
    Back to the point: so i'm revising my opinion to include that maybe the reason this zone hasn't been written up is bc many people use an exploit that they don't want to call attention to? OK, you don't want to reveal it, don't. But if you do not use the exploit, can you do the zone without raid gear reasonably easy? Or is it more mechanically difficult without reliance on exploit?
    Second, I didn't start carrying nox and elem pots until after I started doing ST, it simply wasn't necessary in Drunder or Kael (or even Kurn's) bc we either followed the script and lived or messed up and died. In that sense, there is more personal responsibility in ST than in previous "raid" zones that can also be grouped/heroic. I think that increases the complexity. Scouts shouldn't be worried about dots, but now they are. Hmmm...
  16. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

I'll agree there are mechanics. But I'm going to stand by my opinion that they're obvious mechanics. Are they obvious before the first pull? of course not. Do they become obvious during the first pull, yes. After your first failed attempt, you pretty much have all the information you need. Mostly in the form of red text or blue messages that tell you *exactly* what to do (or at least hint at it pretty clearly). To pick on one of your quotes:
    "How is it obvious that there are pools of poison you have to avoid standing in or certain death?"
    You get a red message saying a poison pool is appearing at your feet. A green poisonous pool appears at your feet. Everyone standing in it gets a green nox dot, and takes lots of damage. Move out of the pool! To me - that's the very definition of obvious...
    Middleone wrote:
    Sorry, but you're *way* off the mark here. The EM fights can be done in a straightforward manor, without any raid gear, no bending of game mechanics or HM gear required. Kill the mobs, cure the curses, cure the dots, heal through the damage, run back to the mob if ported, don't stand in poison. You yourself practically wrote up all the strats required here in this very thread. The Challenge Mode fights can be a very challenge with only CM heroic gear - *as they should be*. One bad bounce at the wrong moment and it all goes horribly wrong - and it's a scramble to recover. Doable, but challenging.
    Obviously raid gear makes it easier.
    Middleone wrote:
    Everyone should at all times be able to look after their own dots. Be it because they're ported, or their healer gets ported, or their healer's up to their neck in healing. It is a tool you have at your disposal. If it is a tool you choose not to use, then certain encounters will be more difficult for you than they are intended to be.
    "Scouts shouldn't be worried about dots." <- I'm not even sure what to say here.....
  17. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Middleone wrote:
    Although I have raided the raid version, I haven't done the heroic ST but once, and that with a group that was chain pulling, so I don't know enough to write a strat.
    I do create quest guides on EQ2i (http://eq2.wikia.com) and if someone knows the zone well wants to start a walkthrough, I would be happy to help them wikify it, or you can contact me and I'll be glad to work with you on it.
    Otherwise, it will get done when someone does it. That's what happens with all-volunteer fan sites.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Middleone wrote:
    Atleast 80% of my runs thru this have been PUGed, you might want to check who has a chip.
    This zone is very straight forward, and even the challenge scripts are pretty easy to figure out.
  19. ARCHIVED-Roast22 Guest

Middleone wrote:
    If there is an exploit in this zone i'm unware of it. We cleared it day one in EM in EM gear and both HM encounters with in the week (the second to last mob can be a pain) you should be fine in SS faction gear also. Its an easy zone, with fairly easy mobs. That said the final boss on EM can be tricky (the adds not the named) if the tank doesn't postion them correctly.
    You should be carrying all 4 pot cure types at all times when level 80+. Not doing so is foolish as they are cheap and can really help out in many situations.
    While I understand written up strats help the more casual players I can't belive anyone who run ST regularly doesn't know them by now. In pug's i've been in people are asked if they know the fight or not and its explained if they don't. If you don't use voice chat that could be your problem as most people can't be arsed to type out a strat. Try asking the group if your not sure about something.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Middleone wrote:
    Regarding the exploit, its only related to the 2nd to last named in challenge mode. Without the exploit, yes your going to need top players to beat the challenge version. I've done it both ways, and without the exploit its significantly harder for a tank to stay alive and i would gage it beyond non-raiders to complete the challenge version without using the exploit.
    As far as pots, I dunno man, from my perspective you had to have them for EoW easy mode for sure, and it made other previous zones easier as well. To me its just an expectation that people cary them to use when they get in a tight spot. I couldn't imagine doing BGs without them personally.