Sleepers Tomb - Epic Failure

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Denon, Oct 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Denon Guest

I play a 92 troubador that is geared with legendary/fabled/mythical from SS instances. I CAN NOT RAID because of my schedule. I can not set a pre-determined slot of time during the week that I am available to play this game because my schedule varies every week.
    SOE comes out with ST. I specifically ask in forums if you are required to Raid to do ST - response is no - just need to be level 92.
    However that is not true!
    I get into a ST group and am called an Epic Failure even before we get started because I do not have Raid gear / Troubador Epic. Again - group had not even started - this was purely from reviewing my gear!! I get booted and replaced.
    I guess I dont appreciate getting called an Epic Failure because I dont have raid grear, and not to thrilled that the latest/gratest group instance requires gear better then what drops from their previous group instances. I hope this is not the trend.
  2. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

To be clear, in many aspects, Sleepers Tomb is a step or two beyond the difficulty of heroic Underdepths. In some ways its not, but I think overall difficulty is still abit beyond UD. For this reason, I feel that most who would attempt this zone would anticipate any player also attempting it would have at a lot of Skyshrine faction quality gear or better (159+ visible, and more impressively, an assortment of mystery crate non visibles). Some of the gear you are wearing is comparable or in some slots better than faction gear, and I probably would have rolled with ya even if I would have expected some degree of struggle and higher focus and emphasis on strategy than I would with [over] geared toons.. some are a lot more stringent beause of their own personal expectations.
    The class epic and follow up repurcussions are fairly achievable even with limited assistance, especially at level 92. I wouldn't hold it against ya for not having it, but I certainly would encourage ya to work at getting it sooner than later. If you were on my server, and I wasnt doing anything someone else needed me for, I would probably help ya through it as the more people that are better off, the better I can be.
  3. ARCHIVED-Denon Guest

I appreciate the feedback - thanks WanyenII. I'll look into what it takes to get the Epic. That was the main thing they said I needed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

On Crushbone at least most groups spamming for peeps for ST are planning on doing the last name HM even if they don't advertise it.
    If their not doing HM as long as your parsing 75k on your Troub not sure why they would kick you.
  5. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Raid gear is absolutely not required to run ST EM or HM. It does of course make it a whole lot easier, and most people forming Pugs to grind the zone are not looking for a challenge.
    ST EM can be done with a group that has mostly all the gear from EM instances, and this includes a complete set of dozekar faction gear, and a handfull of endless crates.
    ST HM can be done with a group that has mostly all the gear from HM instances up through HM Lyc (+ all the EM gear).
    That's it's logical positioning. Think of the EM version as the zone that comes after EM Underdepths (ground until you have all the gear from it. Think of the HM version as the zone that comes after HM Underdepths, but you can squeak by with slightly lesser gear. (One mans opinion of course).
    And the gear that drops is better than the gear required to get through the zone. (Mostly, some are wiggly sidegrades).
    Fundamentally, you just ran into folks who wanted an Easy run, and didn't feel you would provide that. You're probably perfectly capable of doing the zone, if you form up with some like-minded people. Some days being able to do a zone, and being able to join a quick pug for said zone, are two different things....
    But....... Get your Epic, and Epic Repurcussions done. It's 95% soloable now. And you're right, anyone that sees you without your epic might well snicker a bit. It's important, It's fairly easy to get. And anyone that hasn't bothered to get it, is sometimes looked down upon (rightly or wrongly) as not being at all serious at playing. Go, Get Epic. Get Epic Repurcussions. Go Now!!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-katalmach Guest

This is why I stopped grouping. I loved the heroic game back in the old days, when I could log on, see a group looking for a healer for Halls of Fate and just join them and have fun. Now I must know if the zone is EM or HM, whether I've got the right numbers in the right stats, the right equipment from the right place and if I've completed any requisite quests - even quests from previous expansions (like Epic Repercussions). Even then, if I do fulfil all these requirements, if my DPS isn't quite up to some astronomical standard, I will still not be seen as good enough.
    Back when grouping was fun, nobody would even have known what my DPS was, because most people did not run ACT, and those who did, usually didn't bother in heroic zones.
    It's simply not fun anymore. Too much pressure on the player, not enough emphasis on people getting together to have fun. It's disgusting that anybody would be called an "epic failure" when all they want to do is play the game - presumably to be entertained and have fun. It creates a toxic environment where in the end, the only people grouping will be the same little clique of mutually-approved people over and over again (who then will complain that the servers need merging because there aren't enough people around to group with), while everyone else either quits, or stops grouping.
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The vast majority of the Epic weapon quest steps can be completed solo, or with a merc, or with maybe 1 other person.

You will definitely want to progress through Skyshrine group zones, then Underdepths, then Sleeper's Tomb.

It's worth pointing out that 2 of the HEROIC access quests leading up to Underdepths grant a raid-level item, so I suggest completing the Skyshrine access quests.
  8. ARCHIVED-Denon Guest

Thx all for input...
    Yep - I already have completed the SS instance faction quests and have access to UD, and have the raid level items rewarded from those quests. The main thing I am missing is my Epic Reprecussions. I took a break from the game a while back and when I came back the cap was L90 and I figured I it was not worth the time to get the L80 group version of the Epic weapon, since I could get a L90 fabled weapon. Up until a few days ago I did not understand was Epic Reprecussions exactly was, I thought you still had to equip your epic and I thought you had to get the raid version. I had just been focusing on current tier items that did not require raiding.
    Anyway I am glad this has been pointed out, and am working in it now....
    ( I do miss the old days when I could just join a group and have fun )
  9. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Honestly, I don't think ST EM is harder than UD. It's arguably the same difficulty, but I actually think it's easier. Both zones are more dependent on a good healer and a reasonable tank. I've done EM ST on my zerker with mediocre heroic gear no problem because the healer was good. The rest of the group were ok but not raid geared. I've also failed at UD many times because the healer couldn't keep everyone alive or the DPS was too low (often because we took two healers to ensure everyone got healed!) I've been in an EM ST group with a raid geared tank and healer and still failed. Everything was set to be a stroll in the park and yet the healer couldn't keep the tank alive and we died. Having your mythical buffs is almost expected by L90. They are unique buffs that may not be game changing anymore for every class, but they are still very useful. I would have had no issues grouping with you. You aren't a critical class so you can afford to be a bit under geared. I think you just found a few elitists who are too.... elitist! If everyone has full UD faction gear and instance jewellery, it should really be quite easy in a balanced group to do ST or UD on easy mode. My main has 90% UD faction gear but still needs a few pieces (weapon is next one and some crate loot would be good), and I feel I'm above average for the zone. My alts (warden and zerker), have worse gear and I still think I'm adequate gear wise for doing the zone (and I've proved it on my zerker, not got a chance to do it on my warden yet).
  10. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Zannah, Not everyone is like that and you're missing out on the (imo) best part of the game by not grouping. It also really depends on where you're grouping too. For example, on splitpaw where I see you're on, you'll be welcomed with open arms into a contested skyshrine group and probably instances too. Because the elitists have stopped running those zones and are just farming ST and UD.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

Denon, you don't need an epic version of your class weapon anymore. You can complete epic repercussion quest and get all myth spells and buff out of fabled version. To get fabled at lvl 92 is very easy just for some classes to be long. Only help you will need during repercussion is to kill the queen in cella instance and only because at certain percent of her life ... is it 10% i forgot... she becomes unkillable until somebody in a group has to grub a shell and use it on her. To kill her is just to get a dragon blood... you can get it though by getting in already cleaned instance ... you just have to ask around... plenty people run cella just to get ER done for their alts... good luck!
  12. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Kraeref wrote:
    Denon i see you are on permafrost should you get to the stage where you need the blood i can get you thorugh a cleared instance on lucus if i happen to be online around the time you need it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I almost promise you were called an Epic Failure for the reason you didn't have your epic done.
    the mythical effects that you get form taking your heroic version and doing epic repercussions are in many cases for support/dps classes darn near vital in raids...and Very, VERY nice in groups.
    example being my own....as a paladin my myth buff gives me basically 10% damage reduction from the idea that 10% of every hit I take is restored as a heal. makes it nicer for the healing classes.
    I dunno what Troubies get. I know the Dirge one was more 'raid' oriented, as it makes CoB raidwide as the major effect, but I beleive it also gave the dirge a nice bump in dps.
    the Mystic Spirit Tap was mana replenishment on every hit for the group.
    see how nice some of these abilities are?
    Illy gets thier pet for no concentration.
    necros/conjys got a supped up tank pet (meh for groups, not bad for solo times)
    Warlocks got thier green aes turned into single target nukes with a decent jump in the damage that can be toggled.
    And like has been said, doing your epic is pretty much entirely soloable at 90/92. about the only thing you'd need help with is some of the last parts of Epic Repercussions.