Sleeper's Tomb, Chapter 1 Begins Next Week!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Windstalker, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

Good day intrepid adventurers! Next Tuesday we are bringing you a big update that we lovingly call “Sleeper’s Tomb.” This is the first chapter of our expansion, Chains of Eternity, releasing in November. We have some additional content releasing with Sleeper’s Tomb that is definitely worth getting ready for! Check this out:
    Sleeper’s Tomb, Chapter 1 Begins!
    Norrathian’s will find Jorlak, an aged Dracurion chronomage, outside of the Sleeper’s Tomb in Velious’ Eastern Wastes. He will launch a quest that gives adventurers access to world-changing events in Norrath’s history, including the rituals of the heralded warders who kept the great prismatic dragon, Kerafyrm, asleep for many ages.
    Start Your Chains of Eternity Adventure
    Level 92 players should be on the lookout for a message from Erus Dal’viv, the Swordbearer. He has a mission for adventurers that will help the Duality’s research into the Age’s End Prophecy... a mission that could take an unexpected turn.
    The defeat of Rallos Zek has ascended the demi-gods of War to full godhood. They will appear in the lands of Velious ready to take on any who challenge them. These Avatars – now known as the Hounds of War – will take on any and all who dare confront them as they choose to appear in Eastern Wastes, Withered Lands, or Great Divide.
    Ride Dragonkin across the Skies! Or Decorate with One!
    New wyvern mounts are available through the new Sleeper’s Tomb content released on Live servers for those who have the Velious expansion. Or you can buy a wyvern mount of your own from the Marketplace. And if flying isn’t your speed, you can decorate your house with a wyvern plushie from the Marketplace. Each Beastie Box gives you a random color of wyvern when it’s opened. Collect all five colors!
    Stay tuned. We’ll be posting more soon!
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

does the Swordbearer's new quests require having finished the fallen sword line through drunder and/or the forming of the combine?
    cause I can't even pay a group to go through the 'old' drunder zones. so I been stuck at that point in the fallen swords line.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cronyn Guest

Newp! The only requirement is to be level 92. It doesn't require you to have finished the Fallen Swords line. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Shanak85 Guest

I hate you.... Why can't we get any kinds of new mounts besides flying mounts? Some of us don't like having the ONLY good stat mounts be flying mounts, you know. Still stuck with a heroic drop drunder warboar...
    Can't wait to see the rest of the stuff though :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

Duly noted Shanak. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Screenshots coming soon?
  7. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    This.

I miss it when you guys would put together zone previews like you did for the TSO expansin. It got me really hyped up to buy it.
  8. ARCHIVED-malstria Guest

Hi Holly! First time posting a question.
    We were wondering if the reference to the Sleeper's Tomb means that in order to participate you will need to access and get through the Sleeper's Tomb dungeon in the game. The concern is that non-raid players will miss out on some amazing new content since they don't raid.
    We're not asking for spoilers or anything, just wanting to know if it's even worth it for us non-raiders to get our characters to 92 or not before this new content goes live on Tuesday.
    We're also totally stoked about the upcoming Chains of Eternity expansion in November! :D
    Many thanks!
  9. ARCHIVED-rgfvagv Guest

Flying mounts are okay and all, but I'm not focused much on my toons after they've gotten past 80. I wish there were flying mounts for lower levels, those are the toons I tend to play more. I want to play more of the stuff in between the beginning of the game and the end. Can we get more stuff for in between? 20-80 stuff?
    I feel like, after 85 it's the end, I'm not a raider, I'm just a rpr. I want to be able to do all the new stuff, but I don't think I'll ever get past 90. I'm still trying to explore Kylong planes stuff, before I go to Sundered frontier. You guys keep focusing on all this high end stuff, when I just want to sit back and enjoy the fun levels..where it actually feels like I'm accomplishing something. Once I'm 90, 92 or 95 that feels like the end for me and those toons get neglected.
    Anyway, it's just something to consider, I'm probably alone in this, but hey, it's worth saying something. :D Thanks for making the neat stuff you guys do and for making eq a game I continually enjoy playing.
  10. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

You are in the minority. There's tons of content at lower levels, much more than at 90-92. If you haven't experienced it all yet then it's new to you! If you ever do get to 90+ I'm sure you'd enjoy it though. Eq2 is massive and plenty to do at all levels, but there's much more pre-80.
  11. ARCHIVED-njade Guest

Windstalker wrote:
    Are they on Beta already?
    Do you think that 1 week of testing is enough?
    And I must say I love how the new banshee mobs look like and gargoyles :)
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Exactly how long has this been in test on the Beta server? I have only seen two threads in the "In Testing Feedback" area, and they are both only a few days old. From reading the few threads, there are still quest problems, and seemingly a few problems with trash mobs in Sleeper's Tomb.
    PLEASE, DO NOT release this if it has not been tested enough. The same goes for the next expansion.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Sleeper's Tomb has been present on Beta since at least Friday Sept 7th. However Beta Copy was disabled and there was no Beta Buffer until this week. These zones require level 92 with gear, so we need either Beta Copy or Beta Buffer to do them. Heck it wasn't until people stumbled upon to the Beta server that it was even known that testing would begin soon.
    I complain a lot, but let's look at this constructively. If I were involved in EQ2 Community, I'd be acutely aware that players are scrambling for more content. I'd also be aware that Sleeper's Tomb is landing in September. I would be e-mailing or IMing the designers every other day asking "When is Sleeper's Tomb ready to be tested, and where will it be tested?"
    I would then see to it that Beta Copy and Beta Buffer were up and running as soon as Sleeper's Tomb was ready, and then post a prominent announcement calling out players to test it, and providing all the necessary info on how to test it. Basically the FAQ I wrote here:
    http://eq2wire.com/2012/09/11/let-t...roup-raid-zone/
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    FYI, yesterday's Beta Buffer only buffed to 90. I hear we're getting a better one.
  15. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Gotta love how the storyline continues with RZ being defeated yet last I heard there still was not one guild that actually defeated him.
  16. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Shanak85 wrote:
    The best stat mount I have is a guild status stable horse. It is better than anything that came afterwards in quests.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

I'd just like to say, after reading each post in this thread, that I support the top tier level cap portion of this game. I found several of the posts in this thread to be in direct contrast of the portion I and well over 100 of my freinds & guildmates enjoy daily. I find myself, as do many if not most of the 100+ friends and guildmates, searching for content at the top tier level cap to participate in on a dialy basis.
    I don't begrudge the lower level-blocked players or those who have yet to experience the great, albeit small amount, of content at the current tier level cap, and I would hope they would not begrudge me, my friends or my 100+ guildmates the same thing in kind.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaarysal Guest

Brigh wrote:
    5 guilds have defeated his encounter. First was 8/9, most recent was 9/10.
  19. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Gaarysal@Permafrost wrote:
    So only last month then.
    He was dead several months ago according to the FP quest line before anyone did it.
  20. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

rgfvagv wrote:
    Sorry to read you feel that way after level 80. I have (after 2 years of playing my main now) 1 level 92 char and 1 level 90. The rest are below it.
    But honestly, you CAN still enjoy the lower area content at level 90. Chronomentor! I ran my level 92 around the old Qeynos areas and got the AA for the nameds there I've never seen before. I did old quests, got lots of neat items (no Lera you cannot have my furnature!) and got AA for discoing places.
    Level 80 isn't and shouldn't be the end all of the game. Though I would like to see more content for lower areas, more than likely the devs don't feel it is important enough to look at it (changing artwork is NOT looking at it, sorry). Heck they haven't fixed certain things yet .. won't say as it will derail the thread.
    Though, shame much coming out now is only for high level characters. All that does is force people to grind out levels to see it and miss everything along the way.