Slash Commands in EQII

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Calberak@Valor wrote:
    I had a question on this one. I play a dirge and so I am constantly keeping Gravitas up on the healers. I've created a macro that has
    /useabilityonplayer player1 Gravitas
    /useabilityonplayer player2 Gravitas
    /useabilityonplayer player3 Gravitas
    When I am in a group, I enter the healer names where they need to be. Is there anyway to add some text in there to let the healers know that they have Grav for the next 30 secs since yuo can't use the %t because it isn't actually tageting them
  2. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

Not with the macro system by itself, as you have no way of conditional commands. You could send a tell to everyone, but not only to the one you actually cast the spell on. As far as I know you might be able to do this with a GUI-mod, as you could save the result of the command and check if it was successful and send a tell to this player. But this is the starting area / Grey zone where the EULA might come into effect. I don't think an UI programmer will create such a mod.
  3. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Are there any "/" commands for mentoring and unmentoring?
  4. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

SugarGirl wrote:
    First off, that third Gravitas will not be executed. You can do two spells in a macro, one fires, and one queues.

Secondly, if you're setting it up at the start of the group, why not do:

/useabilityonplayer Nancy Gravitas
    /tell Nancy You have 30 seconds of Gravitas! Heal faster!
    /useabilityonplayer Fred Gravitas
    /tell Fred You have 30 seconds of Gravitas! Heal faster!
  5. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

I used to do that..but it was annoying changing 6 hotkeys for every group and then again whenever someone joined/left. I ended up figuring something out like "/target groupmember1" which would automatically target the respective member of the group without having to ever edit it. Much easier, though it is a bit annoying having my target constantly change off of the mob whenever I use those skills.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

One thing to note about several of these is that the case of the code determines the case of the output.
    • Target (only applies when the name begins with an article [a, an, the])
      • %T = A Teren Researcher
      • %t = a Teren Researcher
    • Subjective
      • %S = He, She, It
      • %s = he, she, it
    • Objective
      • %O = Him, Her, It
      • %o = him, her, it
    • Possessive
      • %P = His, Her, Its
      • %p = his, her, its
    Race (race name or "Unknown") and gender ("Male," "Female," "Neuter") results are always capitalized.
    The pet results are apparently borked and return "<no pet>," even if the target is a summoner and has an active pet.
  7. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Foolsfolly wrote:
    Another one for the list then. ;)
    • /target_previous
  8. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

I don't know if it's what you are looking for in this forum, but you can add a slash command to a macro to give you a parse button when running ACT.

Make a macro with the command </do_file_commands act-export.txt>

Voila u can use that button to auto-parse instead of hitting /g ctrl+v.

Or you can make it parse to a numerical channel by typing </act macro: /#> into your chat window
  9. ARCHIVED-Ardnas Guest

I also play EQ and became accustomed to using /dismount there instead of clicking on my horse icon - I know some would consider it to take longer to type the command then mouse over to the button but I find for myself that it actually takes longer to find the mouse then find the button to click then to just type the command. At least once or twice each time I switch games I find myself typing the command only to be told it is not valid then have to find the button :(
  10. ARCHIVED-healing wind Guest

The /kill command posted on eq2players doesnt work!!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-ShashLigai Guest

Foolsfolly wrote:
    try "/assist name" . just remember to re-assist after the mob is down.
  12. ARCHIVED-Milaevo Guest

does anyone have the % stuff as well. I keep forgetting what is the % that shows a cure effect. They added a few GU ago. Thanks.
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

The EQ2Players link didn't work for me, so through the miracle of the interwebs I found the original post and archived it, with edits and additions according to the posts in this thread.

Slash Commands (EQ2)

And it's wikified, so anyone can edit it if they find errors or have something to add!
  14. ARCHIVED-Leemeg Guest

There is a couple commands that I think is usefull with mutliple AP setups:

/savehotkeys <somename>
    /loadhotkeys <somename>

This will store the current toolbars (not positions, but all the commands inside the hotbars). Can have multiple different names on the saved hotbars, such as solo, group, melee, raid, etc..
  15. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

/savehotkeys
    /loadhotkeys
    /playsound

all added.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Is there a command to direclty open the house vault? The control thing from /house does not have open vault on it anymore (I think since guild hall launch).
  18. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Hmm. I am sure I was opening mine from inside the house at the front door just yesterday.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Right clicking the door (or market board) work, but I'm looking for a command, because guild halls are huge and I don't want to run all over to bring it up. I double checked and in a normal house /house does still have vault on it.
    I will have to get my guild officers to place a market board by our banker at least, I'd assume that will work to bring up the house vault by right click option.
  20. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

There used to be a house vault button on the access panel when you used /house which was very convenient when decorating, but it disappeared sometime in the last couple of updates. Wish they'd put it back :).