In Progress Skygge Mount, both version, causes wierd running

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Praetorian, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Praetorian Well-Known Member

If you want to use Skygge because its your best stat mount (either version) and you dont want to appear as the creature.. instead choosing to say be your Aerakyn self with your wings.. it causes very annoying and awkward run animations and sounds.

2. Thand Well-Known Member

for Fae if you try and use their Wiing as an apperance buff it shows them on what ever Previous appearance mount you had.
    Juraiya likes this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Thread #4 on this issue
    Zynt likes this.
  4. Praetorian Well-Known Member

This is still an issue. Its been fixed in some zones but all almost all instances its still this funky run animation. Plus I cant swim like a normal person... im just running on the top of the water and running under water.. Its just really annoying to look at.
    Breanna, Juraiya and Zynt like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm watching the video and I'm not seeing how anything is weird about that animation.

Weird for me is having my Frostfell wings hanging straight back like a double dorsal fin on a shark, completely unmoving while my character run's so unbelievably fast that it looks like Fry's 300th cup of Coffee from Futurama.
    Breanna, Juraiya and Zynt like this.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm not sure what the bug is here. You are playing the default Aerakyn run.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And the only sounds I'm hearing there are footsteps.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

It actually hasn't been fixed... 'hide mounts in combat' is STILL broken in instances.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Yes, yes it is.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

It is fixed or it is broken? It was still broken for me in raid last night.
    Breanna and Zynt like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

So in the video at the top, Is there something broken that I'm missing?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're using Skygee as your stat mount, 'hide mounts in combat' is not being honored. You remain visually mounted even in combat in all instanced zones.
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna and Zynt like this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Sorry, I'm confused. How are you visually mounted in the video? It looks to me that he is a default Aerakyn animating as he is supposed to be animating.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not the one who made the video. Just commenting that, whatever does or doesn't show in the video, Skygee isn't honoring 'hide mounts in combat'.
    Breanna and Zynt like this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Broken. I was agreeing with you, which I usually do.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Skygge and Reveal Inner Dragon are both illusions. Only way to get rid of them in combat is to use another mount as an appearance.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

I AM using another mount as appearance. And it still shows in combat even though I have 'hide mounts in combat' selected.

I never had any interest in having all my toons like some weird blue monster.. put in an appearance mount before I knew Skygee messed with 'hide mount' settings.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish someone didn't like the new mount SO much that the appearance of it needs to be shoved in our faces all the time. Whose bright idea was it to make it an "illusion", and then decide that illusions can't be hidden?

On top of this, the Blessing of Xegony issue - even though it was supposed to have been fixed a month or two ago - is still an issue. If you use the Blessing of Xegony as your appearance mount, it rarely works, and you often still have to cast the illusion separately. And even then, it often turns illusions back on, and my furies turn into a lion when they zone, which is NOT what I want to do.

Please, let's remove all this "illusion" crap from our mounts window. Just make them mounts, and not illusions, and be done with it. You're NOT honoring the way WE want to see things as we play; you're forcing us into YOUR decisions, not our own.
    Jaeded, Breanna, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I can't reproduce this, but I'm looking into it. I just talked to Caith. There may be some code that I have that hasn't been pushed to live.
    Right now I have Skygge equipped and the new bug in appearance and I only see the bug.
    In combat, I see the bug.
    If I hide mount during combat, I see my ratonga, which is what I would expect.

I will keep poking around with this.
    Breanna and Wulfgyr like this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK Caith needs some info.
    1. What mount is equipped?
    2. What mount is in appearance window?
    3. What zone are you in where this is happening? All zones or specific zones?