Skyfire server down?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Is Skyfire server down?

"Could not find world Skyfire" on direct connect.

No Skyfire characters appears on Character Select.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It went down with a 15 minute notice about 30 minutes ago.
    Balcerak and Benito like this.
  3. Solarius New Member

If there was a notice, did they announce the likely down-time?
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Nope, just camp quickly.
  5. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Would be nice if stuff like this was posted so folks aren't wondering if it is a problem on their end.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My husband and I were on step 20 of the last solo zone and camped to desktop with 2 minutes to spare. I hope there wasn't a rollback.
    Edit: It says the server is locked now instead having missing characters.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Skyfire needed to go down to make some back end changes. Total downtime should be around one hour, it's likely close to being done.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Charmad New Member

It just came up.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Thanks Dreamweaver, it is most important of course that people playing on a server are given warning, but it is also important that others know they can't logon at the moment due to some update. We don't need to know what the update is, issue is, but just posting that 'server x is down for work, estimate time x hours' would be great. And no Discord is not the answer. It needs to be in a place that folks can see, not something that scrolls by and you can't find.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Unfortunately at the time Discord was the only way I had to let people know. But that shouldn't happen too often.
    Bludd and Breanna like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Don't worry you have been doing an awesome job. If people pick on you just ignore them, we'll start a new list.